PDA

View Full Version : CDJ-800 REVIEW

cascade
03-08-2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.dmcworld.co.nz/media/PIONEER-CDJ-800-MASTER-250.jpg

Got one finally after a month of waiting.
came the other day and i used it on friday to play out with and i was awsomely impressed.

Firstly its so adaptable to different styles of music and when your playing for 5 hours in a club it offers different windows for experiments so you dont get bored if your not into the music your playing.

Very easy to get used to the feel of the platter compared to vinyl. Doesnt feel anything like a platter on a real turntable but then again its not meant to be. This player actualy makes playing cds a pleasure.

Looping functions are instant and very versatile, but not flawless. It works off a BMP counter so if the bpm hasnt been read correctly (sometimes hasnt had enough time to read the track) and isnt exactly what the track actually is it doesnt loop seamlessly. But then again you could just manually loop it using in and out buttons.

scratching on the deck is amazing, when you get used to the new feel of the platter then you can really sling it round like a record. Actuall turntablesim scratches like what scratch djs do could tae some getting used to because theres not alot of weight in the platter but when people say you cant scratch on them like a record then there wrog cause it does exactly that. The sound produced is exactly the same as a record would sound when moved forward and backward.

Joggin disks on and bending backwards to get them in time is really easy and accurate. I have a cdj-100 too and theres a big difference in acuracy of when its jogged, it actaully actas like a platter of a turntable.

All in all a really recommened product and ive tryed all types of music on it and it perfroms every time.

Abit of a random rabbling about the cdj-800 but im really into it and some people might find it interresting.
:clap: :clap:

MARKEG
04-08-2004, 05:54 AM
wicked review cascade

thank for that. makes me want to go out and buy a pair of these even more now.

doc12inch
04-08-2004, 01:40 PM
im gonna get one in bout 3 weeks when im back from ibiza - im dribbling with aticipation

doc12inch
04-08-2004, 01:44 PM
im gonna get one in bout 3 weeks when im back from ibiza - im dribbling with aticipation and im getting a djm 600 - bout time, i love my efx 500 and truley grateful for what it has done to my sets. but theres a slight difference between the 600 and efx 500.

anyways enuff of my chatter - CDJ 800 kicks ass.

might get a 1000 offf ebay if the price is right hehe

doc12inch
04-08-2004, 01:47 PM
im gonna get one in bout 3 weeks when im back from ibiza - im dribbling with aticipation and im getting a djm 600 - bout time, i love my efx 500 and truley grateful for what it has done to my sets. but theres a slight difference between the 600 and efx 500.

anyways enuff of my chatter - CDJ 800 kicks ass.

might get a 1000 offf ebay if the price is right hehe

romelpotter
04-08-2004, 03:48 PM
i am gonna get two so i can....hang on no i am not , i am gonna use the money to buy buckets full of records instead. ;) hehehehe sorry guys :lol: :lol:

Yoshimitsu
04-08-2004, 06:06 PM
b4 i got a cd deck id wanna have a go on the new technics ones, i bet their the nuts

cascade
05-08-2004, 02:46 PM
yea yoshi the technics looks the muts nuts. Not the right price for me though plus it doesnt have the auto loopy thing on the 800.

the technics do look special though where the 800 does look abit plasticy in places. I might get a second one now and consise my collection to disk, just because i can lol.

this post is still in the equipment classified though aint it.
:doh: sorry. lol

278d7e64a374de26f==