PDA

View Full Version : reverse gate

tracatak
04-08-2004, 01:38 AM
any comments on this...for tekno productions.....can any1 explainhow to do it in fruity loops stuido....ty

rounser
04-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Gates usually cut out sounds below a certain threshold altogether....so I'd guess that a reverse gate cuts out sounds which are over a certain threshold.

I guess you could do it with a compressor sidechain, with the gate triggered every time the compressor hit the threshold.

DJZeMigL
04-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Peak Controler .. U can make it control the channel level 4 that sound.. then use the controller formula as reverse!

Z

tracatak
04-08-2004, 10:35 PM
what is controller formula ..part of the peak controller?

DJZeMigL
05-08-2004, 03:43 PM
when U want 2 edit or assign any knob/ slider u right click it, then u choose link 2 controller,
remote control settings, **** now choose on the internal controler - Peak controller (FX ?) - Peak ... bellow it u got Mapping Formula, from the drop down menu choose inverted!

**** U only get this extra option if u've already inserted a Peak controller "plug in" in any of the mixer's channel efects slots!

Z

tracatak
05-08-2004, 11:50 PM
so where does the controller formula reverse come in as u spoke of earlier...a few posts up. =)

DJZeMigL
06-08-2004, 01:17 PM
"...when U want 2 edit or assign any knob/ slider u right click it, then u choose link 2 controller,
remote control settings, **** now choose on the internal controler - Peak controller (FX ?) - Peak ... bellow it u got Mapping Formula, from the drop down menu choose inverted! ...."

It's all there babey ;)

Z

tracatak
09-08-2004, 11:19 PM
haha i understand all that i been doing that for months but u wrote then use conroller formula as reverse ..

not sure what u meant by that..is that what u call the process where u ad peak controler ...etc or after u do all that u try n reverse it?

DJZeMig_L
10-08-2004, 03:26 AM
nope on the peak controller formular panel there is a drop down list, from that list choose Inverted/ reversed!

Z

tracatak
10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
oh ok no wonder i dont have inverted/reverse...i only have invertd, inverted log scale, and invertd increment ....the invertd does seem to make the line that is normally defualt like this /....go to this... \ ..so its invertd..i guess..not maybe not reversd...=P

DJZeMig_L
13-08-2004, 01:01 PM
yep.. so instead of making a said fader/ knob so up/ down it makes it go down/up!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==