PDA

View Full Version : Vierra...

Numeric
04-08-2004, 05:23 PM
I for one hopes that he goes to Madrid...

:lol:

Arsenal will not be the same team without him, and will find it difficult to retain the Premiership this comin season...

DJ SPUDIE
04-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Arsenal wouldnt retain it with him anyway

Numeric
04-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Arsenal wouldnt retain it with him anyway

Perhaps...

[Please forgive my ignorant mis-spelling of his name...]

Esox Lucius
04-08-2004, 05:32 PM
I think he will go, and i would love him to, I hope arsenal have a proper poor season and thierry ****s off to real next season aswell, and wenger gets sacked :lol:

hate the bastards :lol:

Ashley
04-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Cool.

french_og
04-08-2004, 07:11 PM
I'm not an Arsenal suporter but could watch them play all day long. The football they play is unreal and if they keep Viera and play like they did last year then nobody will get near them.

DJsmallpaul
04-08-2004, 07:29 PM
I'd rather Arsenal won it again over the mancs cause i'm sick to death of having to listen to utd this & utd that :evil:

Makes a nice change if you ask me

DJ SPUDIE
04-08-2004, 11:19 PM
I'd rather Arsenal won it again over the mancs cause i'm sick to death of having to listen to utd this & utd that :evil:

Makes a nice change if you ask me

:nono: :nono: Utd all the way :cool:

Col
05-08-2004, 12:15 AM
im in no doubt scum will lift the premiership title this season.

azerom04
05-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Vieira is a monster, absolute quality player, he will be a big loss to the gunners if he go's.

I am shocked he would want to leave though as Arsenal are a better team than Real.

DJ SPUDIE
05-08-2004, 10:58 AM
im in no doubt scum will lift the premiership title this season.

Yep you know it :lol:

Col
05-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Vieira is a monster, absolute quality player, he will be a big loss to the gunners if he go's.

I am shocked he would want to leave though as Arsenal are a better team than Real.

agreed.

he is the best midfielder in the premiership by far.

Numeric
05-08-2004, 12:22 PM

Although Arsenal [with Vieira] may be a more stable side than Madrid right now. You cannot deny that there's more potential for European honours with the Spanish giants than the cockney Gooners, who always seem to struggle in the Champions League...

Yoshimitsu
05-08-2004, 02:49 PM
utd will no way win this season

Esox Lucius
05-08-2004, 02:56 PM

Although Arsenal [with Vieira] may be a more stable side than Madrid right now. You cannot deny that there's more potential for European honours with the Spanish giants than the cockney Gooners, who always seem to struggle in the Champions League...

madrid have the best team on paper but that doesnt always mean anything, look at the poor season they have just had.

Sam_Horam
05-08-2004, 07:07 PM
If Vieira leaves then we will be taking a massive step backwards, and it will rip a massive hole in the greatest Arsenal team ever.

I don't understand why he wants to go now, a few years ago when there was a rumour of Scum being interested as well as Real Madrid, I would have understood it. I just don't get it now though...

This would be the first season where we could reasonably expect to retain the title and the first time we would feel confident about going far in the Champions League.

:cry:

azerom04
05-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Some of the players at Arsenal are just as good as those at Real, they play better more consistant football and have a defence.

If he wants a move just because of a possible better chance of winning in europe, i think he is an idiot because Arsenal are more than equipped to do it.

Hakka
06-08-2004, 10:35 AM
I think he will go, and i would love him to, I hope arsenal have a proper poor season and thierry **** off to real next season aswell, and wenger gets sacked :lol:

hate the bastards :lol:

haha... I don't hate Arsenal that much, but I wouldn't mind seeing them do less well so Newcastle can get a higher spot!

:)

Hakka
06-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Some of the players at Arsenal are just as good as those at Real, they play better more consistant football and have a defence.

If he wants a move just because of a possible better chance of winning in europe, i think he is an idiot because Arsenal are more than equipped to do it.

Arsenal do have a very good team with solid players all across the pitch. The Spanish league is seen as the ultimate of european football these days. Big money, nice weather, crazy amounts of fans, crazy amounts of talented players... and as such it feels "bigger" then the Premier League. Although I still think the Premier League is the toughest league to apply your footballing trade in...

Veira must no doubt be tempted to Join Real, but thing is Arsenal have every chance of being sucsessful again this year and maybe more in the Champ League.

lukekendall
06-08-2004, 11:26 AM
i hope he goes and then arsenal win the champions league :lol: :lol: :lol:

Numeric
06-08-2004, 12:38 PM
Word is, that talks have stalled because of the money issue, but at the end of the day, there's not much point in Arsenal keeping Vieira if he doesn't want to play for them anymore. He has turned his back on the club...

Sam_Horam
06-08-2004, 12:58 PM
There's no point in Arsenal selling him if they don't have to.

If Real match Arsenal's rumoured valuation (which seems like a very reasonable one) and he wants to leave then they have no option.

However, if Real aren't willing to pay that much then I see it as a pefectly understandable situation for him to carry on playing for Arsenal with no problem.

Numeric
06-08-2004, 05:14 PM
There's no point in Arsenal selling him if they don't have to.

If Real match Arsenal's rumoured valuation (which seems like a very reasonable one) and he wants to leave then they have no option.

However, if Real aren't willing to pay that much then I see it as a pefectly understandable situation for him to carry on playing for Arsenal with no problem.

If Vieira wants to leave, and doesn't get his wish, then surely it will affect his form next season, not to mention the affect on the rest of the team, knowing that their Captain doesn't want to be there, and what of the fans, knowing that their hero would rather be elsewhere...

french_og
07-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Although Viera is a player Real needs desparately they will still be short of 2 central defenders. I can not believe after the season they had last year they haven't bought any new defenders. Carlos Quierez never had a chance with players live Bravo there, he is the worst defender ever.

Real Madrid have arguably the best individual midfielders and strikers in the world but as at team they are not as good as Arsenal.

azerom04
08-08-2004, 02:11 AM
Real Madrid have arguably the best individual midfielders and strikers in the world but as at team they are not as good as Arsenal.

Well said, you are quite right :clap:

azerom04
08-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Veira must no doubt be tempted to Join Real, but thing is Arsenal have every chance of being sucsessful again this year and maybe more in the Champ League.

Any player in their right mind would consider a move to Real, after all they are the greatest club in european football, but at the moment they are not the best team.

On pure footballing reasons i don't think a move like this would actually improve Veira's game. He plays with the best at club and international level. What has he got to learn????

Numeric
09-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Word is that Pires has come out and said Vieira is leaving...

If it's true, ha-ha...

278d7e64a374de26f==