PDA

View Full Version : PC problem

killarava2day
05-08-2004, 05:18 AM
My power supply failed, in the process of finding the intial problem I removed everything from the mother board etc, now everything works fine except for sound card. On startup XP advises that there is new hardware in the PCI slot, but it can't seem to determine what it is? Could the soundcard be shagged? Any ways of performing a test on the sound card itself?

Patrick DSP
05-08-2004, 05:46 AM
it could be shaged,

put it in another pc slot maybe it's the slot?

get the latest drivers for both windows and your soundcard.

Barely Human
05-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Have you put everything back in the same slots that you took them out of?? If you havent, then put them back where they were. If you have, then find your setup disk for your soundcard, or download the driver pack for it off the net. Hopefully this should work.. ;)

massplanck
05-08-2004, 01:26 PM
My power supply failed, in the process of finding the intial problem I removed everything from the mother board etc, now everything works fine except for sound card. On startup XP advises that there is new hardware in the PCI slot, but it can't seem to determine what it is? Could the soundcard be shagged? Any ways of performing a test on the sound card itself?

What sort of soundcard are you using? XP has drivers for 'some' but you may need to reload them using the CD that came with your card. Just goto system -> add new hardware and go fom there. the fact that XP picks it up at all is a good sign. My USB midi devices keep losing their drivers the whole time but this is usually fixed with a couple of reboots

Try a different pci slot and see if that helps . Get back to me if you are still stuck.

278d7e64a374de26f==