massplanck
05-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Well friends, after some very long night's thinking this over I have
decided to take some time out of the music world for a while. This was not
an easy decision and I want to say thanks to all of you for your support
over the past years.

There is a strong possibility 2004 might be my last year involved in
electronic music so if you get the chance to come to any of the shows in
the remainder of 2004 please come and enjoy yourselves.

Again... Thanks for all your support and I'll be in touch again soon.

Claude Young

DJZeMigL
05-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Any clue on the reasons why????

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Z

The Overfiend
05-08-2004, 06:15 PM
WHAT THE **** !!!!!!!!!

Frank Dogshit
05-08-2004, 06:22 PM
gutted.

he'll be well missed on the scene.perhaps hes pretty dissilusioned with the scene or has more family commitments.

must of forgotten to tell you he was quitting eh tiptoe lad!! :lol: ;) :lol:

Tiptoe
05-08-2004, 06:38 PM
:oops:

Tiptoe
05-08-2004, 06:39 PM
oh and what a shame claude young is the man imo :clap:

neko
05-08-2004, 06:41 PM
don't think you'll ever live this down son :crackup:

Dustin Zahn
05-08-2004, 06:44 PM
When we had him here in June he was pretty upset with techno at the moment. Not so much the music, but all the bullshit behind it. He was tired of shady, crappy gigs all over Europe. He also "kept it real" and didn't want to kiss ass to get the nicer gigs in the big famous clubs either. When he came back to the U.S. he had a few shows lined up and he said the only date that went over decent at all was the Detroit gig and the one we through in Minneapolis. He said after that he honestly didn't know if he ever wanted to come back to the States and he remembered why he left.

Not to mention, his wife lives in Japan and he has a place in England. So he is constantly going back and fourth between Japan and England BESIDES travelling all over the world every weekend for DJ gigs. I guess it can get tiring. It's a shame because he showed a lot of DJs up when he was here.

The Overfiend
05-08-2004, 06:50 PM
When we had him here in June he was pretty upset with techno at the moment. Not so much the music, but all the bullshit behind it. He was tired of shady, crappy gigs all over Europe. He also "kept it real" and didn't want to kiss ass to get the nicer gigs in the big famous clubs either. When he came back to the U.S. he had a few shows lined up and he said the only date that went over decent at all was the Detroit gig and the one we through in Minneapolis. He said after that he honestly didn't know if he ever wanted to come back to the States and he remembered why he left.

Not to mention, his wife lives in Japan and he has a place in England. So he is constantly going back and fourth between Japan and England BESIDES travelling all over the world every weekend for DJ gigs. I guess it can get tiring. It's a shame because he showed a lot of DJs up when he was here.

Point is people in the techno scene need to cut the F*CKING BULLSHIT ALREADY!
Now were loosing real champions?
What The Flying F*CK!

Dustin Zahn
05-08-2004, 06:55 PM
As long as Richie and Sven can keep a spot at Cocoon, who gives a f*ck though, right?

MARKEG
05-08-2004, 06:58 PM
wow, well i can see what he means. the gigs in techno can be often be hit and miss if you're travelling across the world and he definitely travels much more than most. you see as far as i'm concerned, it's all well and good this getting on a plane to do a gig - especially if you've not really experienced it before - but there's no way i'd want to do that every single weekend. it would drive me nuts. i love the odd thing abroad, perhaps once or twice a month, but not all the time. i think as a dj, building up your profile in your own country is the most important thing - most amercans cant do this because there isnt the scene over there. it seems to me that claude has realised this and moved to try to sort out the travelling problem. and then he's realised that, in fact, there's no way out of it for him. whatever the reason, i really think claude has been a massive massive influence on techno music and if he does stumble across this site and read this, i wish him all the best. perhaps a change is as good as a rest in this case?

Stella Boy
05-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Gonna miss the skills of this man. Don't think I'll ever forget seeing him scratching with his chin then downing 3 shots straight after smiling from ear to ear. :cool: Fingers crossed he'll be in the Leeds region for a final swansong. :pray:

Frank Dogshit
05-08-2004, 07:58 PM
yeah,ill definetly be over to pay homage to this guy.

his influence is massive.

still one of the best sets i saw this year was him at the jam earlier this year.he pist all over everything on show that night and the atmosphere he generates from his quick trickery and presence behind the turntables is second to none! :clap:

Stuart
05-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Thats the worst news I've heard, thats sucks. Claude young is a ledgend plus he was going to play at one of our free parties.

dan the acid man
05-08-2004, 08:52 PM
bloody hell :shock:

professor
05-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Claude Young has had a lot of influence on many of the people I know who are playing techno today...

ampassasinbirmingham
05-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Taken from little detroit. Seems dustin through a blinder of a party. I think this news is totally unexpected. I only got the chance to see claude once as im only 18, but what i saw of him he seemed like a great guy. He will be missed in the techno community.

Dear LD members,

I wanted to write to you all myself to express my great appreciation for your support and to get some things off my chest before I go.

This is my favorite list and so I though it was only appropriate to share my words with you here.

Speculation aside and ego being a thing I have always tried to suppress in my life, my reasons for my break and possibly my exit from the music that has given more to me than anything in life is simple.

I know there are many who have their opinions of me and thats fine, we cant learn unless we listen to our brethren and try to be better at what we do. But sometimes the opinion of others overshadow the facts and this is what I wish to address in this post.

I have seen many things written of me over time, and my wife and I enjoy reading the list and taking in the comments on list and in general. But these comments are not the driving force behind my actions. The reason I am the way I am is that I come from a humble but culturally fortunate background due to this music and the people around the world that taught me about the world we live in. Not just what we read and see on tv.

I have no problem baring my soul to you because my intentions have never been anything but sincere in my more than 11 years in this community. A community I feel is the future of the world, not just a music movement. In what other music do you see black americans, white americans, british (who I am proud to call my family abroad), japanese (my other family abroad and where I write am posting from now), australians (who gave me a chance when i could not get one at home), and many others too many to name who have taught me the true meaning of what this music and the ideas it was founded on was able to achieve.

Like all of us in the early days I have had some vices in my time and I often see post on other sites that say "hey he's good when he is not drinking", "be careful if he's drinking" etc.
These comment's are the funniest of all because if any of you have seen me in the flesh and not just repeating what they have read from the 1990's when i first arrived in the UK, I am about 50 pounds lighter and have been for some time now. I had my time for fun but things are different, and have been for a few years now.

The data on a lot of post about me are out of date, people who are going on hearsay and that small group who need something to talk about... we call them wankers in the UK.

This should shine some light on post about that subject of my supposed drinking and even when i was drunk i could out preform the best of the so called heroes of today. That isn't bragging just a very strong belief in my abilities which I gained from the good people who allowed me to play for them.

But negative post and spin are part of the reason I have decided to take a break and possibly change careers. Like the US elections in 2000 you cant always believe what you read and hear. I know who I am and people who I have had the pleasure of meeting know what I'm about, not the speculators. Some of the US post are particularly funny since i did not play there for more than 6 years because of such situations so how they could comment is beyond me.

Anyway I digress (as my teacher and my best friend Shake would say).

At the moment I feel we are at a turning point in our environment.
Technology is changing things. Now its time to see who is really about the future and who is just talking shit. Negative comment's about Surgeon & Regis also bother me, these guys are as real as you can get. And change is coming like it or not and I don't care who thinks different, so stop kidding yourselves. we are supposed to be the forward thinkers remember. Would I be a great DJ if i only played reel to reel tapes? Software & vinyl combinations have opened new worlds to the true thinking DJ & listener.

The problem stems from people looking and not listening. Are we at a fashion show's with catwalks or club's??? I go to hear the music myself when im not playing. i could not care to see the DJ and to be honest I have meet many of my heroes and I can attest to a quote John Lennon stated before his death... "Never aspire to meet your heroes, they will always let you down"

Also these negative situations suppress progress. I have met many of you personally and have a great hope for the future of this music, from hot new artist in the US (Dustin Zahn) to our German brothers (Sebastain Kramer who is the future of german techno in my eyes), and many many more globally.

I guess what I'm trying to say before I go to sleep is.... to all of you please regain focus, keep making music and **** opinion if your new. Don't fall into the bizz trap. Be yourself and follow your soul no matter where it leads. Be it house, techno, trance, hip hop, rock or a new music form that does not yet exist. Horizons do not exist and you have not crossed them yet, all of you. As corny as it sound's its true..... U R the FUTURE!!!!!

What comes of that is up to you all....

This is written with kindest regards and the deepest love from my heart to the human family from pole to pole of our small dot in the galactic picture.

Claude

Jimfish
05-08-2004, 11:27 PM
man, what a nice thing to write..

sash
05-08-2004, 11:58 PM
does anyone know of a good link to a Claude Young dj set i could download? i've never heard a set of his but would love too. cheers :)

Col
06-08-2004, 12:14 AM
does anyone know of a good link to a Claude Young dj set i could download? i've never heard a set of his but would love too. cheers :)

me too. ive being looking forward to seeing him play too, hes played in leeds a few times over recent years, and i never went to see him once. :nono: ive heard so much about him, and ive enjoyed the few productions ive heard from the guy. i just hope he plays in leeds one more time before he calls it a day.

respect to claude.

dirty_bass
06-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Sound words.
What a shame he has been put into a position where he has had to make a statement like this.
I say this all the time, but

Techno is a brotherhood.
United We Stand.
Divided we fall.

The Divide
06-08-2004, 01:32 AM
This is terrible news, gutted

He was getting slated somewhere on a forum somewhere? what the **** :cry:

Respect

Frank Dogshit
06-08-2004, 01:39 AM
the point he makes regarding drinking during his sets..wtf

have people been complaining about him drinking too much and ruining his sets by doin this?i honestly find this hard to believe and it just sounds like really bitter people nit picking and looking for shit reasons to criticise his performances.

jonnyspeed
06-08-2004, 01:57 AM
http://www.babyandcompany.co.za/johnsons/johnsons6.jpg

Calm down dear... its only a bunch of wankers

CY2
06-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Hey Guys,

Cheers for the kind words & just to make it clear to those who did not get it, it was not all about the drinking, more the extra #@!$ that seems to have taken over from the music side of this scene. Dustin pretty much hit it on the head so ill just quote him.

later & regards: Cy

When we had him here in June he was pretty upset with techno at the moment. Not so much the music, but all the bullshit behind it. He was tired of shady, crappy gigs. He also "kept it real" and didn't want to kiss ass to get the nicer gigs in the big famous clubs either. When he came back to the U.S. he had a few shows lined up and he said the only date that went over decent at all was the Detroit gig and the one we through in Minneapolis. He said after that he honestly didn't know if he ever wanted to come back to the States and he remembered why he left.

The Overfiend
06-08-2004, 04:12 AM
Sound words.
Techno is a brotherhood.
United We Stand.
Divided we fall.

Stella Boy
06-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Hey Guys,Cheers for the kind words & just to make it clear to those who did not get it, it was not all about the drinking, more the extra #@!$ that seems to have taken over from the music side of this scene.]

Thanks for this Claude but, as confirmed by you in your earlier statement, even if you were on one with the drink you were always on top form and I can say 100% that I don't think I've ever seen you play a bad set. I for one will miss your skills and your prescence in a club.
Good luck in the future with what ever your doing but if you ever want to come back for a one off gig then let me know, I'll be more than happy to accomodate you down at the darkside. ;)

T
06-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Well good luck to the man, of all the techno dj's i've seen over the last decade not seen many completely tear it up like him on the decks...was a pleasure to hear.

MARKEG
06-08-2004, 12:20 PM
well that statement is as real as it gets. claude, you're an absolute legend. thank you for all the great moments you've given me over the last 10 or so years.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

professor
06-08-2004, 02:16 PM
glad i got to see him in detroit. never knew that might be the last time...
He seemed on top of the game there...you'd never have known he was having thoughts of leaving.

gary_human
06-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Good luck Claude - you got any UK gigs coming up to check you out at?

CY2
06-08-2004, 04:28 PM

Im playing fabric next month I think (check their web site) & im trying to totaly go all out for the rest of the year. Playing large & small events. Just want to be absolutely sure I'm doing the right thig. To be honest I was not expecting all these kind words.

I kind of thought I would just go quietly & no one would make a fuss but I guess I was wrong.
All of you have been a great help in all this and Ill take all your words into deep consideration over the next few months.

Respect 2 U all.

Peace.
C

TripleX
06-08-2004, 04:32 PM
that´s sad :cry:

Traxx
06-08-2004, 04:46 PM

Im playing fabric next month I think (check their web site) & im trying to totaly go all out for the rest of the year. Playing large & small events. Just want to be absolutely sure I'm doing the right thig. To be honest I was not expecting all these kind words.

I kind of thought I would just go quietly & no one would make a fuss but I guess I was wrong.
All of you have been a great help in all this and Ill take all your words into deep consideration over the next few months.

Respect 2 U all.

Peace.
C

hope claude reading all these psitive comments about him might lead him to have a re-think about any decision he choose's to make in the future......he would be missed more then he had imagined it seems....here's hoping he has a well earned break & comes back at some point, to keep those that know there claude young's from there judge jules's entertained....

LEGEND!

Tiptoe
06-08-2004, 05:42 PM
well mate you are a hero of mine and i wish you every luck in the future. I have never seen a dj mix like you and i always loved watching you bang it out. I have a mix you did at fuse from 98 and its the ruffest mix i ever heard. Thanks for the best 17th birthday in the orbit and all the best.

dbit
06-08-2004, 09:42 PM
United we stand
Divided we fall

God man, I watch it here in Chicago, after years of working in the Detroit music scene. Seperation and competitiveness eventually tore things apart in the D, and here in Chicago, every crew seems to be 2 or 3 people. People have become so image conscious, and afraid of association or cross pollination they eliminate the ability for unity and a stronger scene, whether it be hard, dark, minimal, experimental, or electro techno.

Someone on here made the comment that if we keep engaging in hyper-genrezation that eventually every different club night will have ten people present. I think we're getting closer, at least in the states.

Claude, growing up on Detroit techno, and moving into more european sounds as they developed I always enjoyed your releases and the fact that u didn't lean on or limit yourself to a "Detroit centric" sound. Not to say this sound is not great, but u really stepped out and did your own thing, and for that I solute you! :clap:

Have a great year, step back and enjoy a rest. Maybe you'll see a way to bring a fresh new perspective to a stale scene.

And for everybody else, we really have to start being more open to a broader range of sounds and ideas in order to avoid splintering ourselves into the proverbial "basement" so to speak.

d

g
07-08-2004, 12:05 AM
claude, the first time i saw you was in some upstairs loft/office space in windsor. i think it was 1995. i so clearly remember the buzz.. "claude's here, claude's here!" you played last i think, cuz i know it was very early in the morning when i was dancing like crazy up front, looking up just in time to see you stop the record... with your face! the whole room went absolutely nuts, including me.

next was the basement of that shady building used a bunch one summer.. probably '95 or '96. i want to say it was a masonic lodge, something of that sort. really bad neighborhood; as i recall something happened to stacey there, like maybe he got shot at. lot of parties in that space for a bit, always in the basement. once again, you killed us all with an incredibly inventive, energetic set. that space was really kind of negative and you turned it on it's head. you carried a palpable energy: joy.

then after rob hood's live pa at the sardine bar, i was standing outside with laura gavoor (god rest her soul) when you came up. maybe you'd moved to london at this point b/c i recall some sense of ceremony about you being there. actually, maybe you were just about to leave...? regardless, we talked for a bit and true to form you were a kind, gracious soul. it was clear that stature and ego had no place in what you had already rightfully accomplished.

so i suppose this was 8 years ago now. damn. what dustin has already summarized i see every day, especially here in the states. it's just pathetic. and no one can blame you for thinking this way. however please know that there ARE a lot of us out here with our heads on straight, who appreciate who you are and what you do, and frankly wish we could see *more* of you, not less. the fact that that has become an increasingly difficult thing to manage and still get the respect you deserve... well, that's things these days. all the more reason why we need you around.

if you decide you need a break, that's cool. do what's best for you and your family -- it's what is most important. but remember that we love you and will miss you.

katya
07-08-2004, 01:54 AM
glad i got to see him in detroit. never knew that might be the last time...
He seemed on top of the game there...you'd never have known he was having thoughts of leaving.

I talked to Claude at that party, he told me he's coming to Chicago at the end of July (and that gig was canceled). I agree, he totally did not seem like he was going to leave the techno biz.
Can't believe that my first time meeting him was the last time :(

killarava2day
07-08-2004, 06:12 AM
I wish could be a tenth as good as you as a DJ. You're passionate and focused on what you love doing, why is politics so previlant in all walks of life? It so destroys the truth and hard work of individuals due to others greeds and egos, and by people being plain fricking lazy!

CY2
07-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share an email I got from one of you that I know from the board that should totally shed some light on my decision.

the original message read------
How in the world are you gonna give up just like that.
hit me back when you get the chance

felton
Detroit
--------------------
I think my response is something I should share to try to help you all understand my decision a bit more.

CY reply-----------
because when u dedicate your life to something for
over a decade and it goes completely off the rails you
have to make adjustments or go down with the ship.

people have their pre-conceptions and their likes and dislikes, that's fine with me we are all meant to be free.

the scene used to be full of vibrant and creative
people but now it's just full of moaners who support artist who don't give a shit about them. all they are interested in is boosting their own name and increasing their bank accounts.

Nnext time u go to a party and the ticket price is amazingly high for you to see a DJ u cant event speak to before, during or after his set think about what is important to them.

call me stupid but i thought it was only human to engage other human being's.... was I wrong???

someone on a post said "if claude wanted to sell out he could have a long time ago but he never did".

before this though another person sent a post to Detroit-Luv saying "well im sure he'll make a lot of money charging for the farewell tour".

these comments are not the main reason but they are a factor, how much more of my life am I to give only to have my work constantly thrown back in my face in favor of other artist who are only concerned with the bank balance of their account????

Next time this guys shells out a wad of cash to see some guy mix 40 records together that all sound the same he should ask himself what is really important.

i figure my energy is better served helping people.

so im considering being a volunteer in a foreign
country. possibly an aid worker or something similar.

anything to help make other peoples lives a little
better.

every man has his breaking point and I have been on the road since i left Detroit over 11 years ago, every week. so im taking some time out for once and if i decide to come back it will be under different circumstances.

i've had bad management coupled with other setbacks as well so if i do come back ill be handling everything independently with a small group of friends in Glasgow.

hope this answers all your questions mate.

regards bro.

C

dbit
07-08-2004, 07:06 AM
i figure my energy is better served helping people.

so im considering being a volunteer in a foreign

better.

C

Yes!!! DJ for unfortunate souls in India! I have a friend who operates there who has a spiritual bent, so let me know if this interests you! The interesting thing is that techno can resonate with the indian people, and they don't put barriers between things, they just move! (forgive the stereotype, I have been there twice, so I can at least make a small general statement).

All suppositions aside, I understand why you have to step back. I did it once for a couple of years, without being the prolific legend that you are, and it only improved my life in many respects, even after picking up a sword previously set down that I felt was now more armed with wisdom.

On all accounts, you have done the techno community a tremendous service, and whatever your choices in the future I'm sure you will have at least a core dedicated support.

Also, on a closing note, I work with a strong handful of up and comer's, and their energy everyday drives me. These people love what they do, and they will do it rain, sleet, or shine, regardless of their bank accounts. It is inspiring to me to be a part of such a raw energy and dedication in this scene, and I think it's what we need more of. Grass roots. **** how glossy your flyer is, how hot the chicks at the gig are, I mean, I know these thigns go hand in hand with traditional marketing, but it aint really about all that. I'm reminded of Aphex's Window Licker video. He, as far as I heard it, intended to explore gender roles in culture and marketing. Now, we are all used to his love for pasting his distorted image upon all walks of life as hell's demons. But here, the beautiful people in the limousine, the rock star, the beautiful models, the glamour lifestyle, was portrayed as ugly, actually internally ugly. And the idiots obsessed with this outer beauty couldn't recognize the inner uglyness of what was going on cause they were so blinded by appearance. DON'T get me wrong. I have met people that were beautiful inside and out, but I think that there was a deeper message that was lost on many, including myself, due to the hysterical nature of James's sarcastic style.

I dunno. I've had a couple drinks, and I'm rambling. I just really feel that our music is at a growing stage, and we're going through adolesence and maturity issues. I mean, entire cultures are stuck in adolesence. It's not an easy thing to get through. But at the end of the day I have faith in all of us, and like Claude, I believe underground communities built on higher ideals can and should lead the way to our future. The problem is we have to grow up to do it.

I have spent a good amount of my life in Detroit, and have lived there twice for years. I have seen street justice. And my feeling towards it has always been, if you buck the system, if you want to challenge the system of justice for being unfair, than YOUR system of justice has to be MORE just. It has to make more sense. All systems of justice have to confront violence and ill behavior. It's a fact of our illusion of civility. But you can't challenge a system for injustice and at the same time be LESS just.

OK, that was my half buzzed rant. Cheers to all involved, and party on...!

d

Patrick DSP
07-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Even though I’m absolutely floored by your decision to take a break, I can fully understand why you are though with the music industry.

"so im considering being a volunteer in a foreign

better. "

If it makes you feel any better, you've helped out a lot of us already; with some great track or with a great show that gave us new ways of looking at electronic music.

Everything in life is a struggle, and there are always good points with a lot of bad points all around it. I sincerely hope you find what you’re looking for and some true joy in it.

Reading your responses to some posts, both on this message board and other locations on the Internet, has left this up-and-coming producer with a hopeful feeling that there are big named artists (aside from those that post on this board) who aren’t full of themselves and have their heads up their asses. Thanks for that.

Hopefully, you'll see a big change soon, and you'll want to come back and celebrate electronic music with us again. Hopefully

Either way Thanks,
-Patrick DSP

PDT
07-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Much respect to you Claude...very sad to read about this but, it may be the right thing for you...

Here's hoping the bug has you bitten hard enough to keep you going.

Respect once again,
Pete.

killarava2day
07-08-2004, 10:47 AM
I won't clog up this page with your second quote, but you sound like an amazing human being, just like most of us on this board. I would've been honoured to have been in your company and to have had the opportunity to have spoken with you. So many other DJs I've encountered have had me question my own beliefs and values with regards to music / drugs in quite negetive ways. I congratulate the fact that you've even given a thought about humanitarian causes, and should you do so, you'll only learn and develop the great qualities you already posess. Respect to you.

romelpotter
07-08-2004, 12:19 PM
my lasting inpression of claude was in voodoo, the whole place was rocking big time and i was giving it large on the dance floor by the dj booth, i turned around and asked a lady who was by the side of claude if he could play forklift, she told me that he had already played it, i just pointed at everyone in there and smiled. claude looked up and winked at me then played it as his last tune.. man it when off...and i felt like a million bucks. :lol:

killarava2day
07-08-2004, 02:25 PM
my lasting inpression of claude was in voodoo, the whole place was rocking big time and i was giving it large on the dance floor by the dj booth, i turned around and asked a lady who was by the side of claude if he could play forklift, she told me that he had already played it, i just pointed at everyone in there and smiled. claude looked up and winked at me then played it as his last tune.. man it when off...and i felt like a million bucks. :lol:

Moments like those are priceless.

tioneb
07-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Hmmm well i havent experienced the techno wrold as much as Claude did, but im feeling quite the same for some things he says ...

The big drawback of growth of techno is the "maketisation" that came with it. Thats a reality, it all bacomes about promotion. Many many techno artists succeeded in staying simple and down to earth and though i havent met him and had the chance to hear him only once @ rex club last year, Calude is the famous for that.

SO yes its hard living in a world where all the promoters, label managers and some djs live for the money. When you try to express your feelings and share emotions, some other people just see the profit they can make with it.

This is kinda paradoxal, but its seems we all need to live with this promotion aspect even living in our own musical world. It seems it has become necessary to do that to be able to share your musical tastes and feelings. Sometimes i do promote about by myself, send CDs post links to my sets... I have chosen the weak solution, sometimes i have some regrets for doing that, but all the people around me say its sad, but we have to cope with it.

It seems Claude cant cope with it anymore. I understand this, it seems being a nice and simple guy isnt compatible with eovlving in the tchno world. It seems now you only have to sign deals with big labels, know the big parties promoters, do not accept small fees etc. to survive and thats really sad.

I understand giving up this world doesnt seem a bad idea to feel better, but thats not that good to make the goo spirit survive. SO yes lets hope all the nice minds wont give and will try to make techno stay a genuine state of mind instead of a political war.

The Overfiend
07-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Claude is a champion, it would be sad to see him go, but he would serve as a beacon of what I call perserverance. His humble attitude is what we need in the states and in techno period. I wish more techno enthusiasts would share his vision and his attitude the scene as a whole would be a better place now, Me and Zahn we're talking one day and one of the things we mentioned was the fact that most real humble good hearted techno enthusiasts in the states are few and far in between, so a solidified scene almost seems like a pipe dream. So many ego's and cliques, it's hard to discern who's heart is in the right place. I sincerely wish you the best in whatever you do Claude, I only beg you stop by New York before it's lights out for your reign in quality. Please reconsider your decision to leave. But if not fullfill what makes you happy before anyone else. Your contributions will never be forgotten. A lot of people are out here to make sure of that man.

Adverse
07-08-2004, 07:53 PM
best wishes in the future claude.

CLoaX
08-08-2004, 08:01 AM
I think Claude is one of the best performers in the industry today, and that we are losing a champion. He has kept it real, which is a trait much needed amongst todays producer/dj. I will miss him greatly, and wish him the best in his future endeavors...

killarava2day
08-08-2004, 10:09 AM
You talk about Djing being such a money earning enterprise, I'll still never forget seeing the Paul Oakenfold roadshow...in this club with his name plastered on every visable surface...a grand enterance with fireworks (much like the American election campain crap) and then to hear on his first mixing effort a trainwreck of proportional disgrace, to be followed up even worse so. When he was in full flight, his hands were pumping, the lights were full on bright, everyone was jumping in the air...and he had two tracks double beating and no-one gave a ****?!?!

Needless to say I felt really weird after that experience.

networkacid
08-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Was lucky enough to see him play 3 times in Melbourne (where he knows he'll always be a favourite ;) Remember Filter?) - Definitely a huge influence on me.

Was lucky enough to meet him at a radio station gig in Melbourne and share a few words and be in awe of his down to earth perspective, his openness and friendliness. I can totally see how the scene of today would get you down after having it be such a life-changing inspiration, I think that too sometimes and I haven't seen a millionth of things he has.

Was lucky enough to read his replies posted on this board and know that he's still the same thoughtful guy who knows that whatever he chooses, he's special and he's going to keep on making a huge difference to people in whatever way he wants to do it.

RESPECT.

gunjack
11-08-2004, 04:15 PM
dang! fellyFel and CY on blackout! :rambo:

Fordy
11-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Sad news, he is a true legend. Love his style, rocked it at atomic jam recently :(

CY2
12-08-2004, 06:57 AM
Sad news, he is a true legend. Love his style, rocked it at atomic jam recently :(

Cheers mate, I always loved going to Birmingham, it always reminded me of Detroit. Same kind of city... no BS just real as you can get.

Ill probably see you in town one day my mates Surg & Reg live there and we keep a tight community some of us producers / DJ's.

Stay true...

jake
12-08-2004, 07:39 AM
felly fel.. weekdays.. 7-12

claude u still gotta come to la one more time.. and ill promise ill go next time :-p

CY2
12-08-2004, 08:15 AM
claude u still gotta come to la one more time.. and ill promise ill go next time :-p[/quote]

I might do one off's from time to time, it's like quitting smoking you cant just give up cold.

Im also considering doing set's on line from time to time with video content from my studio so people can watch the mix. Just an idea im playing with.

Stay cool

C

heavy beats
12-08-2004, 08:46 AM
i remember seeing you scratch the record with your face when you were here in houston (2000). good times!

all the best mate

henrychow

djvartan
13-08-2004, 03:01 AM
i say give him two years off. he will return but not full force.

viagratek
13-08-2004, 01:29 PM
http://southpaw.ecs.fullerton.edu/assimilation/c_young.jpg

TARGET: CLAUDE YOUNG

ASSIMILATED: 1998

NOTES: SKILLS OF A MAD MAN

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gotta love that pic

CY2
13-08-2004, 03:44 PM

even at a quarter force im better than most pal? competitions are are always open and challenges will be met with full force (which no one has seen yet). Most people dont know but I never had turntables until 1998 when i purchased my first set in London.

Though it would be fair to give the other guys a fair chance. Im also very well versed in video and radio production. That's what i was doing before I began playing records in 1990. :-)

massplanck
13-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Though it would be fair to give the other guys a fair chance.

We understand. You were waaaay down the list of people we had in mind to get rid of though.

Good luck. And enjoy your BREAK.

CY2
13-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Though it would be fair to give the other guys a fair chance.

We understand. You were waaaay down the list of people we had in mind to get rid of though.

Good luck. And enjoy your BREAK.

Thanks man.
And don't worry after some time out to re-examine how to approach the scene during this VERY turbulent period, Ill probably pop back to teach some more lesson in forward thinking.

respect to all the REAL fans of ALL forms of electronic music.

C

gumpy green
13-08-2004, 04:31 PM

even at a quarter force im better than most pal? competitions are are always open and challenges will be met with full force (which no one has seen yet). Most people dont know but I never had turntables until 1998 when i purchased my first set in London.

Though it would be fair to give the other guys a fair chance. Im also very well versed in video and radio production. That's what i was doing before I began playing records in 1990. :-)

techno battles.........id be up for that.

all the best CY....i know what yer saying bout shit....just a shame.

Col
13-08-2004, 10:51 PM

that is the most ridiculous prediction i have ever come across. who are you to say when claude is to return? and then to comment on the level of his ability when/if he decided to return is completely disrespectful & needless.

djvartan
13-08-2004, 10:56 PM
and your a moron , so? :roll:

Col
13-08-2004, 10:59 PM
and your a moron , so? :roll:

a moron? perhaps you should take a good look at the crap you just posted.

djvartan
13-08-2004, 11:02 PM
he just needs time off. thats what i say. when and if he returns he wont hope back in full time. do you have a problem with my idea? if so too bad...... :rambo:

Col
13-08-2004, 11:08 PM
he just needs time off. thats what i say. when and if he returns he wont hope back in full time. do you have a problem with my idea? if so too bad...... :rambo:

is this claude's wife? no i didnt think so either. i think claude is more than capable of making his own decisions.

djvartan
13-08-2004, 11:16 PM
hey tell you what , why dont you post a real name at the end of your replys. i stand by everything i post. this is a open forum so people can write about topics.. just like your doing. just like im sure claude stands behind his ideas, instead of hidding behind a screen name like most. Claude has been doing this full time for years. I SAY HE JUST NEEDS A LONG BREAK! whats the big deal? seems like you have a issue my post. ARE YOU CLAUDES MOM? because its seems like you have a pussy.

hahaha

:cool:

Col
13-08-2004, 11:42 PM
hey tell you what , why dont you post a real name at the end of your replys. i stand by everything i post. this is a open forum so people can write about topics.. just like your doing. just like im sure claude stands behind his ideas, instead of hidding behind a screen name like most. Claude has been doing this full time for years. I SAY HE JUST NEEDS A LONG BREAK! whats the big deal? seems like you have a issue my post. ARE YOU CLAUDES MOM? because its seems like you have a pussy.

hahaha

i make no secret of who i am. what do you want me to do? post up my address? :lol:

you didnt say "he just needs a long break" you said give him 2 years off then he will basically return jaded.

that is disrespectful to someone who has made a massive contribution to techno and disrespectful to somebody who seems such a nice guy. so yes, you could say i have an issue with that.

do i have a pussy? man, you really ought to grow up. school boy humour.

right thats it from me...no more arguing, i said what i had to say. if you wish to continue throwing insults then feel free to pm me.

The Overfiend
14-08-2004, 12:30 AM

hahaha

And for this you are warned bro.

The Overfiend
14-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Don't ruin a good topic about a legend, how dare you.

Claude please do not be discouraged to share any more thoughts here man.

dirty_bass
14-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Yeah, way to go in giving Mr Young even more reason to flee the scene. I think you are an example of what Claud is talking about.

MARKEG
14-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Don't ruin a good topic about a legend, how dare you.

Claude please do not be discouraged to share any more thoughts here man.

Wow, totally agree. How dare you. Your attitude Vartan is not welcome here in the slightest. Either sort yourself out or get out. Read the rules. Besides, this is a post about a legend. Well warned Sam ;)

Can we get back on with the legend tributes please? :lol:

automat
14-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Whatever decision he makes. He has made some of THE MOST Incredible Techno EVER! If you dont know then get out and find it!
always has tore it up over here in LA.

278d7e64a374de26f==