PDA

View Full Version : What do the hard techno peeps think off...

jonnyspeed
05-08-2004, 08:50 PM
not having the Acid Techno threads and talk of that there London going on all the time in the forum anymore?

I think its positive personally. Need more of the 'club techno' people to post more stuff, tho.

killarava2day
06-08-2004, 02:01 AM
A club forum would be ice, at least you wouldn't have to be phased knowing you were gona be flamed by mentioning the name Bailey and hard tech in the same statement.

The Overfiend
06-08-2004, 02:40 AM
I personally like all aspects and no one will get flamed for anything here especially personal taste. But no I'm not happy about the bickering people bitchin to the point to create an acid forum, I mean I was cool when it was here because people who wouldnt normally know about acid learned something new about it and vice versa, but hey, people wanted the schism so. Add to the separatism! :neutral:

But I do like seeing Si as a mod and Dan running rampant in there Johnny Mofing Speed!

Stuart
06-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I don't think we need to be separated anymore than we are.

subsonic
06-08-2004, 02:42 PM
to many pidgeon ho;e of the music soon we will be going to club that only play one type of music with 10 people there :roll:

jonnyspeed
06-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I think there were about 35 at Ugly Funk on Sunday. Great turnout and perfect sized venue. ;)

I find genres good because you can then convince the right people to come out to the right nights. Nothing worse than an being out with people who ain't enjoying the music - can kinda puts a dampner on things. normally just leave them sat on the floor.

The other side of the coin is that acid-techno is seen as different to hard techno by alot of people I know - so they'll go to a squat party/small club if they know its acid-techno but not if its gabber, drum&bass (cos of the crowd not the music) and sadly alot of them hard techno or no skool.

Stuart
09-08-2004, 12:57 PM
I find squat parties far to moody anyway. Free parties in the woods are where you find most hard techno rigs.

death on a stick
09-08-2004, 01:03 PM
I think there were about 35 at Ugly Funk on Sunday. Great turnout and perfect sized venue. ;)
What's that got to do with this thread? There was no london acid tekno played down there.

dirty_bass
09-08-2004, 05:19 PM
I think there were about 35 at Ugly Funk on Sunday. Great turnout and perfect sized venue.

Jesus, pnly 35 people. In London. At a free techno event.
I despair, I really do.
London Sucks.

jonnyspeed
09-08-2004, 06:44 PM
What's that got to do with this thread? There was no london acid tekno played down there.

was a reference to "we will be going to club that only play one type of music with 10 people there"... and I think that is defiantely the way to go. Better than playing something everybody can tollerate but nobody likes = you might as well put Abba on and have a fight.

jonnyspeed
09-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I think there were about 35 at Ugly Funk on Sunday. Great turnout and perfect sized venue.

Jesus, pnly 35 people. In London. At a free techno event.
I despair, I really do.
London Sucks.

Thought that was good for an virtually unadvertised event in a small pub in Hackney, on a Sunday night.

278d7e64a374de26f==