PDA

View Full Version : someone correct this man

Stuart
06-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Please someone help me here I'm going to rip my hair out.

http://www.slightly-twisted.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=31625#31625

Tim Hidgem or what ever he is has just made this statement.

At the end of the day its all opinions and everyone is intitled to their own. We just need to be careful on how we put them across eh??

My opinions on this subject:

Fergie:

I like the guy overall. I think generally he can mix better than most DJ's I've seen and heard and played with over the last 6 years!!
Yes he plays Techno!!! But Techno covers such a wide area of music that its best described as Tom puts it "Freeform". Much the same as our Will Gold. Not sticking to an one form of Techno but playing Techno or Techno influneced trax that you feel is right and that you like. For me this is the best way to play any music. Not sticking to any one sound and avoiding the "my music is better than your music bollox that we have seen on this thread".

Being able to mix:

It isn't as important as you may think. I know alot of high profile DJ's that can't mix or mix badly but still travel all around the world doing a dream job. Other things like production and connections can get you further than excellent mixing ability. Of course it helps to be technically sound and its the one thing I pride myself on but you can get by if you can't do it to high standard.

Techno:

One of my favourite forms of music to both play and dance to. Highly intelligent and has a very very very purist following. Wether it be European or UK or both Techno rules. (And thats coming from someone that doesn't play it too much in clubs).

Mixing Techno: I think is one of the easiest forms of music to mix!!! Most forms of music have a particular production format or structure e.g Hard House, Trance etc but with Techno, especially European, this is out of the window!! Sometimes there is no patteren to the music so dropping a tune anywhere to mix it in does the job. Easy, not much thought to it.
UK on the other hand has a bit more stucture to it, much the same as Hard House does, which means you gotta look more carefully to find the right place to mix the tunes in to catch you breaks right!!!

Of course this all my own opinion but it all can backed up extremely well

Traxx
06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
do you really need to register first?

Col
06-08-2004, 05:46 PM
send him my blessings.

Rhys
06-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Correct him on what?

Traxx
06-08-2004, 06:36 PM
suppose you need to register to find out...

278d7e64a374de26f==