Nah mate Derby are shite

2-0 Leeds ;)

Esox Lucius
06-08-2004, 06:33 PM
come on leeds :clap: 2-0 to the yorkshire sheep abusers :lol:

Col
07-08-2004, 02:32 PM
1-0 victory!

i was pretty impressed considering i expected us to lose today. it wasnt the greatest game, but it was a good team performance, and most of the new lads did well.

the poorest player on the pitch was micheal ricketts, the one man everybody expected to offer the biggest threat. he just didnt look match sharp, and hardly shown any desire whatsoever. on the other hand, i thought the defence was great, paul butler looks like a massive signing, he was solid as a rock, and looked so assured when on the ball. kilgallon did well, as did gary kelly, and duberry was solid, and won important headers all over the field.

in the midfield, 16yr old walton did well, jermaine wright looked composed on the ball, pugh shown some good enthuisiasm & desire, and frazer richardson became more of a threat as the game progressed and he caused derby some real problems.

joachim looked really bright and sharp upfront and his pace gave the derby defence a major headache.

neil sullivan pulled off some great saves, and controlled the box well.

overall things look good. away to gillingham on tuesday, im already looking forward to it.

Hakka
07-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Aye I watched this.

Leeds looked pretty good. Richardson kept working and working down the right flank and it was nice to seem him get a goal.

Darren Pugh looks a great prospect. He nearly scored a goot long range shot but it was tipped wide. He had some lovely moves and Richardson should of scored a 2nd when he squared it to him in the box.

I think Leeds will handle themsleves this year, mainly because the players they have brought in want to fight and want to win.

piginabush
07-08-2004, 08:17 PM
the poorest player on the pitch was micheal ricketts, the one man everybody expected to offer the biggest threat. he just didnt look match sharp, and hardly shown any desire whatsoever.
joachim looked really bright and sharp upfront and his pace gave the derby defence a major headache.

did you not wonder why my team let him go on a free after only a season, after paying £3.5m for him???

32 appearences, 6 goals, got almost as many bookings as goals :shock:

If you are waiting for him to start looking "match sharp" dont hold your breath as it isnt ever going to happen, havent a clue how he ever got capped by england????

Col
08-08-2004, 12:11 AM
the poorest player on the pitch was micheal ricketts, the one man everybody expected to offer the biggest threat. he just didnt look match sharp, and hardly shown any desire whatsoever.

did you not wonder why my team let him go on a free after only a season, after paying £3.5m for him???

32 appearences, 6 goals, got almost as many bookings as goals :shock:

If you are waiting for him to start looking "match sharp" dont hold your breath as it isnt ever going to happen, havent a clue how he ever got capped by england????

nah i have to disagree. micheal ricketts england cap was deserved, you could even argue that he should have recieved a call sooner. when he played for bolton he was on fire. hopefully we will see the real micheal ricketts at some point this year.

278d7e64a374de26f==