PDA

View Full Version : synth line

da hound
07-08-2004, 06:45 PM
gettin stuck on creating synth parts for my tracks any of you guys got any tips whats quantize do you use?what synths are good for techno?do you use presets and twiddel with da knobs 2 make an new sound or do you use da init patch and create ur own?what type of effects do u use on ur synths? and any other tips and tricks u use

DJZeMig_L
07-08-2004, 06:54 PM
look 4 a sound that is close 2 what u like, use randomise funtion, quantizers, chorders, use irregular step lenth, record some cc controllers for stuff like cut off/ reson/ lfo mod amount/ osc octave/ lfo pitch mod... now go thru pre-sets and they should squeal/ fart/ scream etc...

Duplicate synths and sequences but use different pan, cut off/ reson/ lfo mod amount/ osc octave/ lfo pitch mod.

just a few from the top of my head!

Z

Tyrisia
07-08-2004, 07:04 PM
I usually use a Supernova for my synth leads, and I must admit I'll always take the easy route and find a good preset first, but I do try and manipulate into something not remotely resembling the original sound.

Recently gettin into fm synth sounds, they're great for that metallic grinding sound. Try www.oxesoft.com for a free fm synth, and also Native Instruments FM7 does a good job apparently.

Just mangle stuff until u get what u like the sound of basically! ;)

Effects, just go crazy, I always use a bit of delay, and possibly some phasing/flanging (Waves Metaflanger and Enigma are good for this). Distortion aswell (not too much tho). And recording the synth to an audio file in the sequencer and minimising the sound with eq so u only hear the frequency range u need to give the sound it's character gives a professional sound.

jesus
07-08-2004, 10:54 PM
i never use presets i just tend to start with some saw or sine waves and then just play with the modulation and filters and the envelopes.oscillators are good too especially if its got envelope control.

DJZeMig_L
09-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I Luv tweaking but I don't go crazy, I tend 2 synthesize sounds with in a certain "Track enviorment" thus starting from pre-sets... If I do find a perfect preset I have no prob using (just like most people would use a drumloop or a sample really), though I am always temped 2 try and warp it a bit (normally arriving at something I like better).

other times I just play around synths for hours and record the results 2 user patches!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==