PDA

View Full Version : Manchester vs Leeds with Surgeon

09-08-2004, 12:36 PM
This month sees us team up with The Darkside to bring you Surgeon!
http://www.locked.org.uk/images/flyers/images/lockedaugflyerideas01.jpg

subsonic
09-08-2004, 12:45 PM
goodstuff as allways ;)

Stella Boy
09-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Aye should be a top night :cool:

Stella Boy
09-08-2004, 02:38 PM
minibus from leeds (hyde park) for this one.
costs dependant on how many come over but it'll be cheaper and easier than the train.
drop off back in leeds city centre.

anyone interested mail us darkside@basement-trax.co.uk

jock
09-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Can't wait, really hope surgeon plays as good a set as I seen him do at Split in Feb, ****ing awesome!!!!

Defo travelling from Southport, nice easy drive!

:clap:

romelpotter
09-08-2004, 08:32 PM
oh yes its been a while since i seen the surgon :lol:

18-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Here are 3 more good reasons for people not to miss this:
1. New Thunder Ridge Sound system (as used in The End).
2. 4am extension
3. Free cd's of the highest quality, be-atch!

Tiptoe
18-08-2004, 01:42 PM
am so looking forward to this can't wait to break my locked cherry

19-08-2004, 11:05 PM
You'll love it mate, we have a proper sound crowd, which creates a realy good atmosphere, very friendly people!

Traxx
19-08-2004, 11:08 PM
is he using final scratch?

ampassasinbirmingham
19-08-2004, 11:09 PM
is he using final scratch?

he doesnt use final scratch anymore

Frank Dogshit
19-08-2004, 11:17 PM
he stopped using final scratch a good while ago didnt he?

a full night of ableton looks on the cards.love it. :clap:

Traxx
19-08-2004, 11:36 PM

he used it everytime he played t-funk

Stella Boy
19-08-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing this system. Ear plugs at the ready for this I think.

neko
19-08-2004, 11:41 PM

he used ableton for the last tfunkshun.
think it was advertised as final scratch though :cool:

Traxx
20-08-2004, 12:00 AM

he used ableton for the last tfunkshun.
think it was advertised as final scratch though :cool:

forgot about that but the two times before that he used final scratch...played 3 time in about 6/7 months remeber....

Frank Dogshit
20-08-2004, 12:02 AM
aye shes just about right...

and a bloody good set it was too. :rambo:

Traxx
20-08-2004, 12:12 AM
aye shes just about right...

and a bloody good set it was too. :rambo:

the last one when he used ableton?

i didnt like it to be honest just cueing other peoples tracks on a computer, not much skill involved imo...

his other two sets on the other hand, on his own & with bmb took the piss :clap: :clap: :clap:

goin to see bmb again when im in the damm :cool:

Frank Dogshit
20-08-2004, 12:46 AM
fair dos there wasnt any turntablism taking place that evening but it was good to see someone trying somethin different and pushing technology that little bit further.
maybe seeing 3 final scratch sets 1 after the other could get a bit boring for some?

i thought it was good what he was doing and enjoyed it immensely.

his sets with paul damage at the orbit still stand out as massive nights for me,hed hammer it out big time down there. :rambo:

Traxx
20-08-2004, 12:59 AM
fair dos there wasnt any turntablism taking place that evening but it was good to see someone trying somethin different and pushing technology that little bit further.
maybe seeing 3 final scratch sets 1 after the other could get a bit boring for some?

i suppose for some, but it wouldnt be anythin to do with it being final scratch though really because he's still mixin at the end of the day like he would do with real vinyl. it would be more a case of not liking the sets wouldnt it?

jock
22-08-2004, 07:31 PM
At Split in feb he was using Ableton, no deckage involved.

He was ****ing brilliant. Dont think I am going to this one or Godskitchen, working on the sunday and its a bastard. :cry:

Tiptoe
29-08-2004, 12:11 PM
what a good night i had at my first locked. Cheers jay and the locked crew for a buzzin time. Tony played a blinder showing em how we do it darkside style with a nice hard dark set. Jay banged it again and suregeon was just amazing. Best i have heard him play i reckon some really sick hard shit in his set. For hard techno this guy is the man at the minute. Not heard a bad set from him once and he has been awsum last few times i seen him. Looking forward to the next one which i should be there for some pacou. Keep up the good work jay.

Stella Boy
29-08-2004, 03:13 PM
what a good night i had at my first locked. Cheers jay and the locked crew for a buzzin time. Tony played a blinder showing em how we do it darkside style with a nice hard dark set. Jay banged it again and suregeon was just amazing. Best i have heard him play i reckon some really sick hard shit in his set. For hard techno this guy is the man at the minute. Not heard a bad set from him once and he has been awsum last few times i seen him. Looking forward to the next one which i should be there for some pacou. Keep up the good work jay.

I loved playing last night, didn't want to come off. The Locked crowd are superb and you get a definate interaction with them and it was nice to bump into 1 or 2 BOA faces and have a good chat, albiet drunken ones. :clap: :cool: . Hope to see you down there again soon.

neko
31-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Looking forward to the next one which i should be there for some pacou.

when's this tiptoe?

278d7e64a374de26f==