PDA

View Full Version : Floops polic question

JQuake
26-03-2003, 10:19 PM
If you hear a tune that is rather good, BUT you know it was made out of Fruity Loops, do you still give it (or the artist) the same CREDIT as a tune made out of heavy analog gear, or complex sequencing/recording software?

IMHO Floops is a GREAT learning program, and its ease of use makes it what it is today.. I guess i love fruity loops, its where i started.. but it seems too silly to make money out of a tool like that. If you want to give the crowd a good track, its not with fruity loops you should do so.. I mean, its a matter of respect for all musicians!

Floop users should look into more complex sequencers like Cubase, or Logic.. Even Reason beats the crap out of floops.

Spicing up the board..

djjaym
26-03-2003, 11:15 PM
I think Producers and the like should be allowed to use what ever programme they like,if you are out and you hear a good tune you aint gonna worry about what prog it was made with

log:one
26-03-2003, 11:16 PM
was that intended to get a reaction? cos its probably the most stupid thing i've ever heard... if its good it doesnt matter sh*t where it came from... thats just a really snobbish thing to say if you ask me.

baptismo
26-03-2003, 11:18 PM
If you hear a tune that is rather good, BUT you know it was made out of Fruity Loops, do you still give it the same CREDIT as a tune made out of heavy analog gear, or complex sequencing/recording software?

IMHO Floops is a GREAT learning program, and its ease of use makes it what it is today.. I guess i love fruity loops, its where i started.. but it seems too silly to make money out of a tool like that. If you want to give the crowd a good track, its not with fruity loops you should do so.. I mean, its a matter of respect for all musicians!

Floop users should look into more complex sequencers like Cubase, or Logic.. Even Reason beats the crap out of floops.

Spicing up the board..

hmmmmm....... dont quite agree with ya here mate.

JQuake
26-03-2003, 11:25 PM
eheheh now thats what i call a reaction!

Snobbish? dont think so.. Anyone has the right to his own opinion..

Lets say... you sample a few couple of sounds from known tracks, mix them up say in fruity loops... and you got a cool sounding track.. does that make you an artist? dont think so.. Maybe a copycat...

And it does matter, it matters for those who spend crap loads of money on real equipment, to give the audiences the most pure produced sound.. I guess its normally obvious which tracks are produced in fruity and those which are produced in a far more complex cenario..

Maybe there are those who cant tell the difference, but thats just a matter of ears, and experience.

26-03-2003, 11:25 PM
its like saying: if you eat a fry up, and enjoy it, but find out it was cooked with tesco value ingredients, do you proceed to induce vomiting to purge it from your system? i think not.

JQuake
26-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Its like if you eat macdonalds youll probably end up with stomach ache... and it tastes good too! :)

Of course you can eat whatever fry comes to your plate.. thats just a choice.. But If you really dig fries... you can always tell the difference bettween them ;)

JQuake
26-03-2003, 11:37 PM
And remember... i never said it was a -bad sound- if produced with fruity, my question was, do you still give it the same CREDIT as a track produced with complex equipment/gear? That was the question. then, came my opinion. If you wanna flame, flame the question, dont flame my opinion.

I still use fruityloops.. but only to experiment. Never i intended to release a track done in that prog to the market of trance. It would be an insult to the professionals, and quite an ilusion to myself.

For that matter, you could use ejay to build up tracks and feed them to people.. as an artist, would you feel confortable with that? if you did... that wouldnt make you an artist. Maybe a money pacman :)

Dont think people using floops can consider themselves pros. Even if they can make really good sounding tracks with it. (and im no pro)

djjaym
27-03-2003, 01:18 AM
as i said if soemone produces a track which is good and people enjoy it ,who cares what it was produced on ,I know someone who dones tracks on a playstaytion got them signed then tidied em up on proper gear and i know tons of producers who use different progs

JQuake
27-03-2003, 01:36 AM
sure, as for my opinion... i admire more the artists that know how to handle with complex gear then those who use "toys".
As for the music, it can sound good, even if made in a playstation.

Music made with:
Ejay - Sounds good, level of difficulty (VERYLOW)
Floops - Sounds good, level of difficulty (LOW)
Logic/CubaseSX- Sounds good, level of difficulty (HIGH)
Analog Equipment - Sounds Very Good, L.Df - (V.V.HIGH)

You can paint abstract and become a famous painter. But if you have technique, its a different story.

Hakka.
27-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Well I eat cabbage so I'm completely different.

Hakka.
27-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Well I eat cabbage so I'm completely different.

Barely Human
27-03-2003, 02:13 PM
i really think that this is a completely stupid thing to say!! If u get the results out of one thing it dosent really matter what u use!! I dont think its a insult to people who use hardware if somone produces an equally good track using just fruity! If anything it should show them how stupid and long winded it is to just use hardware. But it dosent really matter what u use, respect should be there no matter what!!

Hakka.
27-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Yeah I agree IQ.

I eat cabbage and my shit is totally starting to come out green!

Barely Human
27-03-2003, 03:19 PM
hahahahaha!

JQuake
27-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Try only to eat cabbage for a diet... im sure you will die soon enough.

27-03-2003, 07:15 PM
mate, i really have no clue why you bothered posting this...
do you like shokk? fruity loops man.

why is it better for something to be difficult as fcuk to work out? why does that mean your track deserves more credit??? it just means it takes longer to write the track, and if you've got no good ideas the track is gonna be shit whether you use dance ejay, floops, cubase, protools or you construct a mechanical sequencer by hand using a selection of washers, cogs and fan belts... seriously man, i really think youre being snobbish... its the end result that counts, and if the track is more than the sum of its parts then who gives a shit about the processes used in its production?? if you found out tomorrow that scot project, kramer et al used fruityloops would you stop buying their tracks?

JQuake
27-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Alright, i should of been more careful on the post.

Someone makes a track. It sounds good.

If that someone used a toy to make the sound, im not going to give HIM the same credit as i would to someone that uses pro equipment.

If you sequence a beat in a pc, surely you arent as good as a live drummer. For many reasons.

I dont buy music unless its really good. And its obvious that really good music excludes music done in fruityloops-> ALONE.

Why do i dislike hiphop? Because to me, that aint music. Its the same loop over and over with vocals, talking about the hood and the chicks, or whatever. Coincidence or not, Hip-Hop lives because of programs like fruityloops. (loops..loops...loops)

Then again, its really nice to know most people dont give a crap about if a track was produced in a toy program or not. that was my intention.

I always tried to avoid fixing myself in such easy programs for the lack of respect it would be for pro musicians.

I remember a comment when Reason came out.. it said something like: There is a new b*tch software in the virtual world. Its name is reason. The first was fruityloops.

And you that call me snob, remember which sequencer you use. Cubase SX right? Why? Because it casts fruity loops in a bag and sends it to Bagdad.

Nomak
28-03-2003, 02:09 AM
If you hear a tune that is rather good, BUT you know it was made out of Fruity Loops, do you still give it (or the artist) the same CREDIT as a tune made out of heavy analog gear, or complex sequencing/recording software?

If someone make a tune that I like or appreciate then I would give them credit regardless!

Its also good for making your own loops and the importing to cubase so why shouldnt you use it?

And it does matter, it matters for those who spend crap loads of money on real equipment, to give the audiences the most pure produced sound.. I guess its normally obvious which tracks are produced in fruity and those which are produced in a far more complex cenario..

Why would it matter to them if they are making music because its what they love? Surely they wou;ld be happy douing what they are doing and not care about what others do to make their music?

Never i intended to release a track done in that prog to the market of trance. It would be an insult to the professionals, and quite an ilusion to myself.

And whys that?? Does it matter what you use to make yoyur track? If it sounds good people will like it regardless of what program you used to produce it.

Logic/CubaseSX- Sounds good, level of difficulty (HIGH)
Analog Equipment - Sounds Very Good, L.Df - (V.V.HIGH)

How do you differentiate between someone that uses Sx but imports loops made in fruity? I also take it that you mean people who only use Analog gear sound a lot better than people who, say use equipment such as access Virus or Supernova and are equally skilled at programming these VA's? Also do you mean that they dont use cubase to sequence their music only Hardware sequencers?

Also how would you know if even your favourite track wasnt made in FruityLoops? If someone was good enough with it I'm sure they could make a trance track good enough even to fool YOUR ears? perhaps not?

Barely Human
28-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Also how would you know if even your favourite track wasnt made in FruityLoops? If someone was good enough with it I'm sure they could make a trance track good enough even to fool YOUR ears? perhaps not?

Init mate!!

JQuake
28-03-2003, 11:52 AM
:)

You can make good movies with a home cam. but they will always reach a limit pro cams tend to break.

That is my point no matter what. And yes, i agree that floops can be used to make loops that will be later imported into another sequencer, and then polished. But usually thats the way it goes. It has to be polished by another program, because fruity itself isnt good enough to do so. its about its digital processing.

And as i said, i still love and use floops. But only for a learning purpose, the easiest way to get to know controls and sequences..

I have reached a certain point of music consumption, that music without sweat, can be nice, but its not what i want to listen.. and you know why? because of programs like floops, you can make a track in 2 hours, whats the point in that? (in the type of sounds i listen nowadays).

And yes, pro's that can use virus, supernova, etc, can deceive my ears with sounds booted from floops. Im no wonderboy, but sometimes i can tell the difference.

At least you guys were honest, that is cool :)

Barely Human
28-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Music without sweat? Whats the point in that comment? Why do somthin the long way round just becuase you can? Would u turn off your power stearing to park your car, just becuase its harder? No you wouldnt. Do you see formular one drivers using 10 year old cars, just becuase it would be harder to win? No u dont. If hardware is the be all and end all of electronic music, why did stienberg invent vst? Vst technology, to me, is one of the single most imortant developments in electronic music! Why?
Beacuse it makes things quicker and easier(which cant be a bad thing) and it make making music available to anyone, not just people with grands to spend on hardware. Now anyone can sit down and make a tune with next to nothing spent, which means more new tallent, and ultimately more new and fresh sounds!

Barely Human
28-03-2003, 12:33 PM

I have reached a certain point of music consumption, that music without sweat, can be nice, but its not what i want to listen.. and you know why? because of programs like floops, you can make a track in 2 hours, whats the point in that?

What a stupid comment to make!!

infa-red
28-03-2003, 01:47 PM
JQuake sorry but you have no idea realy what your on about i use fruity loops and its more powerful than reason if you no how to use it. I have a record lable and i dont ask people what there tracks are made on if its good then i will release it simple as that.. your just a bit stuck up you need to get your head outa the clouds.

Say if you was gonna buy a record you listened to it and you thought f.uckin hell thats the best track ive ever heard then you read the small print at the bottem and it said written and produced using fruity loops, so your sayin you wouldnt make the purchase, very very narrowmindedness

peace out

28-03-2003, 07:24 PM
really... i've been trying to see your point of view but it doesnt really make any sense. good music is good music, bad music is bad music. it either sounds good or not, and if someone made an amazing techno tune using a saucepan, a rubber band and a pair of castanets, it would still be an amazing tune after you found that out... infact, thats not a bad idea... anyone know where i can get some castanets in the bristol area? keep it sneaky mind.

JQuake
28-03-2003, 08:38 PM
:p

narrowminded then i am.

ehehe, now thats what i call spicing up the board.

Alright then, fruity loops power it is.

Nomak
28-03-2003, 09:36 PM
really... i've been trying to see your point of view but it doesnt really make any sense. good music is good music, bad music is bad music. it either sounds good or not, and if someone made an amazing techno tune using a saucepan, a rubber band and a pair of castanets, it would still be an amazing tune after you found that out... infact, thats not a bad idea... anyone know where i can get some castanets in the bristol area? keep it sneaky mind.

Hehehe I have to agree with you there!

Barely Human
29-03-2003, 02:03 PM
ive heard you can get a good hi-hat off bangin your head off a lightbulb aswell....!

JQuake
29-03-2003, 04:49 PM
And you can get a good bass with some res, if you fart on a microphone :)

JQuake
29-03-2003, 05:01 PM
JQuake sorry but you have no idea realy what your on about i use fruity loops and its more powerful than reason if you no how to use it.

Im sorry, but that isnt right. Reason is 1000 times more powerful then fruityloops. Think you cant import wavs? think again, you can...Thats why you got Recycle, and other tricks with Redrum. Think you cant add VST? think again, you can, all you gotta do is slave it to the a master prog like cubase, and the possibilites are endless. Memory consumption? A lot less then fruity. Software synths? Well, subtractor can beat all DX's/simsynth/wasp/you name it.. And lets not talk about other tools, like the samplers, Malstrom, etc.

Do you know what is CV? Well, that alone is enough to put fruity miles away.

The best standalone all in one sequencer is reason, without doubts. And yes, it can be easier to use then fruity. (dont even think about it :) )

There is only one thing everyone agrees is bad in reason. The effects like the delay and the reverb. (dodge that with rewire, use VST effects, and you're off to Mars.)

Barely Human
29-03-2003, 05:06 PM
If you think reason is good, check out FL Studio!

JQuake
29-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Sure, and you need a pc with 5500 GHZ to use it right, while with reason 500Mhz is enough.

Im sorry, but FLstudio will never be as good as Reason.

And IQ... If you like fruity because of the sampling control.. try using Recycle, then Dr.REX, and fiddle around with those controls, then sequence it and you will see what is sample management.

29-03-2003, 05:36 PM
this is really funny... my sequencers better than your sequencer...i'll get my dad on you... he's got a gun.. my dads well harder than your dad!

Barely Human
29-03-2003, 05:54 PM
hahahaha!!!!

JQuake
29-03-2003, 06:23 PM
Why dont you use that cheesy rocket, and upload it right up your *ss? oh, and dont skimp on the gravy.

JQuake
29-03-2003, 06:29 PM
You wanna go down that road, thats fine.

Its so obvious, which sequencer is best.. funny.. i use them both.

Dont know why, but people who lack the knowledge, usually make fun with the ones that dont.

DJ Corbzy
29-03-2003, 07:53 PM
is that saying that logan dosent have any knowledge?...ha!

one of ure tunes that ben played at the grove was awesome m8!!

Barely Human
29-03-2003, 09:39 PM
The forum was going so well until.......

Barely Human
29-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Its so obvious, which sequencer is best.. funny.. i use them both.

Who cares?

djjaym
29-03-2003, 11:45 PM
who cares what one is best ,everyone will have their persona preference to what one they prefer,just because you think its better doesnt mean everyone else will

DJ Corbzy
30-03-2003, 12:57 AM
who cares what one is best ,everyone will have their persona preference to what one they prefer,just because you think its better doesnt mean everyone else will

spot on

30-03-2003, 02:51 AM
Why dont you use that cheesy rocket, and upload it right up your *ss? oh, and dont skimp on the gravy.

no need.

30-03-2003, 03:06 AM
i didnt mean to offend you mate, no need to get defensive on my ass, the discussion just made me chuckle. sorry geez...

JQuake
30-03-2003, 06:14 AM
Thats fine m8, today was a bad temper one.

im sorry i was agressive. Anyways, this has been a cool measurement of things.

I guess there isnt a true choice about software.

One thing im sure.. im starting to look at fruity loops with other eyes, i guess i was kinda of a pr*ck after all... The tool isnt what matters, its what you do with it. If that is being snob.. well, i have some work to do.

And for that knowledge thing, you never know enough. Even a lightbulb banging on your head can make you understand some things about rythm.. And farts for bass too :)

Barely Human
30-03-2003, 01:33 PM
No worrys mate!

wenna
31-03-2003, 01:06 AM
ooooooohhhhhhh!!! gandalf! :twisted:

eyes without a face
31-03-2003, 09:46 PM
u get out of Fruity exactly wot u put in to it. if u sit there bashing out thoughtless, dire tune after tune, then thats wot ur gonna end up with. if u use some originality, some creativeness and come up with some good ideas, then ur gonna get some wikid tracks out of it. i use Fruity extensively and often use it for whole tracks when ive only been meaning to get basic ideas down.

if used well it can create some powerful trax.

Hakka.
01-04-2003, 12:42 AM
Glad this has been sorted out lads... at one point I thought this post was going to get silly... and that's where I would have to come in and talk about squirrals.

SQUIRRALS!

Debates are healthy but can be harsh when your passionate about answer...

JQuake
01-04-2003, 01:17 AM
Fate it seems, does not come without a sense of irony..
Muahahahahahah fruity loops has been THE tool to upload stuff into my hardware keyboard.. :)

Piano Roll is worth the entire fruity.

*jumps up n down*

278d7e64a374de26f==