PDA

View Full Version : Tomas Nordstrom "knights of the jager" Don't 005

wrong
09-08-2004, 08:50 PM
was gonna post this in the other forum but thought NO - it's hard and it sounds nice in clubs and it's most definately techno.It's in the shops NOW.

K N I G H T S O F T H E J A G E R E P .

Don'T recordings is back after a brief hiatus to recover from the previous release (Paul Birken - Degression ep). This time up steps one TOMAS NORDSTROM (chan n mikes / TSR / hor spiel musik), maverick swedish sound abuser and sid-station techno fanatic.
It's a 4-trak ep with 2 techno bangers ("Jagermeister" and "Acab") taking us right back to the core of what it was all about- squealing lead synth lines take over your ears with a butress of beats and groovesome basslines that'll get those elbows doing the chicken.Heavily influenced by landstrumm (brown by august era) it's punchy, catchy, honest and hedonistically rocking.
The other 2 trax ("Shake shake" and "Final battle") offer a more up to date sound, very crunchy electro and broke-beat journeys with a miriad of wigged out spazzness in abundance while keeping it tight and never losing the flow.
The ep is dedicated to your favourite german tipple and is not to be confused with another record similarly named by some detroit bloke - i think he must have hacked my computer, saw the hit potential and named his techno anthem similarly so as to generate more sales for himself.....

available from :rubadub (glasgow) ,www.humpty-stuttgart.de, and trackheads.co.uk (london)

E N J O Y .

dirty_bass
09-08-2004, 09:00 PM
cool

should be in the techno promotions section though

jonnyspeed
09-08-2004, 09:50 PM
word up! the EP is excellent and I completely agree with you decision. After the slagging the Chip Tronic release on Highball got I'm really hoping this post is a bit more constructive.

Have a listen here (http://www.music-head.de/catalog/platte_details.artist-Tomas%20Nordstrom.titel-Knights%20Of%20The%20Jager%20EP.articleid-517481.go_back-true.html)

anx
09-08-2004, 10:12 PM
im going to buy this simply because he loves jagermeister as much as i do. what an awesome thing to do, name a track after that drink. at some electronic music festival me and my friends built a giant fort and called it fort jagermeister..ok im rambling now...shut up i will

wrong
09-08-2004, 10:37 PM
ooops, sorry, there are so many forums here, i guess i didn't scroll down far enough to see the designated area...

@Johnny - thanks for the link mate
@anx - Yes, it is indeed a top tipple if not a little dangerous sometimes and has somewhat of a following among certain techno freaks.. i'll play at a club in september that has it on tap...can't wait!!

So the highball release got a slagging? ...i missed that but any critisism bring it straight here cos i'd love to get my hands dirty in some on line tussling :rambo:

jonnyspeed
09-08-2004, 10:58 PM
play nice though - cos that's the rules of the board. If you ain't read them yet I suggest you do ;)

Adverse
09-08-2004, 11:14 PM
this is much better than the highball release.

wrong
09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I haven't read the rules of the board but of course i'm not planning to say things like "well you must be a ****in **** if you can't see that this release is in a superior bracket to all the other crap **** techno and **** techno"..No.. just up for exchanging some opinions in an adult manor - maybe more of a jovial arm-wrestle than a full blown tussleafter all , it's music..not world war..
Thanks Adverse, glad you think so .

massplanck
10-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Excellent record.

Bring on the boo boys.

thetonewrecka
02-09-2004, 04:25 PM
Tom Tom is a freaky music mastermind. His tracks never fail to get me shaking my booty..which gets me into trouble when driving - LOOOKOUT!!!! ...swerrve...

Can't wait to grab this one and I can't wait to get the tonewrecker release out soon after MH this fall.

Tomas makes noises that scratch my brain..in a good way.

Evil G
02-09-2004, 04:53 PM
just thinking about jagermeister + techno gives me a nice warm feeling in my tummy. :)

278d7e64a374de26f==