PDA

View Full Version : gear ?'s

hiroprotagonist
10-08-2004, 07:11 PM
ive been given a chance to rebuild my studio somewhat. im thinking of putting together something that can be used live and in the home studio. i definetly want either an alesis ion or a K station for my synth. i also wanted a hardware sequencer and was impressed with what ive been hearing about the rm1x. i dont want the sounds on it (although the drums wouldnt hurt) i just want the sequencer really. i found the rm1x used for 300 USD.
i reckon after those two ill just invest in a good audio interface for my laptop and go from there. is this a sound investment? any cons you can think of?

DJZeMig_L
13-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Are we talking all 2nd hand equip?

I would consider a KS Rack instead of the K Station.. or maybe an evolver/ Nord Micro Mod.....

For the price u've refered 4 the Rm1x I don't think U can get any better hardware seq.!!

Z

massplanck
13-08-2004, 01:41 PM
ive been given a chance to rebuild my studio somewhat. im thinking of putting together something that can be used live and in the home studio. i definetly want either an alesis ion or a K station for my synth. i also wanted a hardware sequencer and was impressed with what ive been hearing about the rm1x. i dont want the sounds on it (although the drums wouldnt hurt) i just want the sequencer really. i found the rm1x used for 300 USD.
i reckon after those two ill just invest in a good audio interface for my laptop and go from there. is this a sound investment? any cons you can think of?

Rm1x is a good choice for a budget sequencer. I've seen it on sale new for 350 euro in the past so shop around. Drums are grand and useable. Check out its daddy the Yamaha RS7000 for your own info whilst sniffing around.

hiroprotagonist
13-08-2004, 07:35 PM
ive been looking second hand and new. i chose the kstation because of its cheapness and warm sounds. if i get the KS rack ill have to invest in a controller and i dont have room in my luggage to bring back that much gear from the states. i have to keep its pretty small for the next year or so that way i dont spend a lot on shipping when i move back home.
what about the xstation? controller with a kstation engine in it...

yeswehavetheright
14-08-2004, 06:07 PM
I have an rm1x in perfect condition - yours for £100 plus postage if interested......

hiroprotagonist
14-08-2004, 09:28 PM
where are you located? im moving back to london in october and that would be the soonest i could buy it from you...otherwise the shipping to the states would be astonomical

Jimfish
15-08-2004, 12:07 AM
well i'll have it if you dont want it hiro :)

drop me a mail if you still have it and hiro definitly doeant want it yeswehavetheblah.. ill send you a cheque tomorrow!

yeswehavetheright
16-08-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm in the UK Hiro - your right, it'd cost a fortune to send it over. Jim, you've got mail........
Cheers.

hiroprotagonist
16-08-2004, 08:18 PM
ahwell you cant win em all. cant even buy em all either ;)
im sure theres plenty of rm1x's floating around here i can scoop up.

278d7e64a374de26f==