10-08-2004, 10:54 PM
no ta

Tony
11-08-2004, 12:05 AM
keep up!!!
people have been buzzing about this for about a month :lol:

miss bass
11-08-2004, 07:09 PM
im there, cant wait to get my raveyness on :)

DJ Weiss
11-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Air is such a rancid club tho.. hate it.. i would go if it was in a a different venue, but i might save myself for Jeff Mill and Laurent Garnier 7hr set

neko
11-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Air is such a rancid club tho.. hate it.. i would go if it was in a a different venue, but i might save myself for Jeff Mill and Laurent Garnier 7hr set

wheres the garnier and mills 7 hour set?
havent been in air yet, bt if its as small as the old code then it'll be a right sweatbox.

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 08:32 PM
its at fabric moggy. :lol:

romelpotter
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
i am right up for this, and clarke on saturday, wahoo come alive :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJ Weiss
11-08-2004, 10:35 PM

wheres the garnier and mills 7 hour set?
havent been in air yet, bt if its as small as the old code then it'll be a right sweatbox.

fabric, thursday 16th feb...

basically they've put a room on top of the old DJ box, and moved the DJ box to near the entrence... its a proper horrid sweat box, sound system sounds toss.. and basically not a nice place to be... you'll find out for youself.. but i can't see myself being there... plus i'm skint

neko
11-08-2004, 10:45 PM
not going myself weiss, just curious as to whether they've actually made the place much bigger or not.

i know the last time they held an atomic jam in code, there was a real overcrowding problem. heard reports that it just wasnt enjoyable cus there wasnt any room to dance.

DJ Weiss
11-08-2004, 11:38 PM
not going myself weiss, just curious as to whether they've actually made the place much bigger or not.

i know the last time they held an atomic jam in code, there was a real overcrowding problem. heard reports that it just wasnt enjoyable cus there wasnt any room to dance.

dancin and that was alright from what i can remember... but Code just wan't a techno club, it was way too nice and posh for techno, therefore all the DJ's seemed to play wimpy tunes...

Tony
12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
posh is one word for it, but i think that greater sums up their justification for exorbatant beer prices.

i felt it was like being in a diy warehouse with some fault going on in the electrics aming all the lights flicker.

toss! agreed!!

ampassasinbirmingham
12-08-2004, 11:45 PM
this will deffo be crowded. mills=crowd, surge=crowd

together it will be a sell out

detfella
13-08-2004, 12:32 PM
keep up!!!
people have been buzzing about this for about a month

ok ok , sorry but i've had my head inside a bass bin for several months :crackup:

Tony
13-08-2004, 01:26 PM
keep up!!!
people have been buzzing about this for about a month

ok ok , sorry but i've had my head inside a bass bin for several months :crackup:

wasnt a dis, but hey bass bins are better than arses. actually, both serve ther purposes, but not to do with heads! :shock:

Tik Tok
16-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Do you have to buy tickets? i went to the 9th birthday and saw people paying cash...

neko
16-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Do you have to buy tickets? i went to the 9th birthday and saw people paying cash...

if it was me, i'd buy one just to be on the safe side cus its a smaller club.

Traxx
17-08-2004, 07:37 PM
well am plannin on goin but all this talk of the system bein shite doesnt sound to good, the one that they had in there when it was code was ****in ace. I'd of thought that they would of had an even better one than before :eh:

Frank Dogshit
17-08-2004, 08:48 PM
heard the sound system was still bang on me.

were you hear different??

neko
17-08-2004, 11:53 PM

read the previous posts. ;)
the general consensus is that air is toss.
thought it was shite when it was code, havent been in it since.

Traxx
18-08-2004, 04:46 PM

what didnt you like about it?

neko
18-08-2004, 05:56 PM

what didnt you like about it?

it was too small and there was nowhere to sit/chill out. i kept getting shifted anytime i found myself a nice spot anywhere. when i went it was godskitchen, cant imagine atomic jam being in there, it aint a techno venue.
on the plus side though, it had the nicest toilets i've seen anywhere.
and staff go round picking up bottles off the floor so u arent slipping on them when u dance.
but like i say, u dont get that cleanliness in a techno club :lol:

eyes without a face
18-08-2004, 06:47 PM
the last Atomic Jam at Code was absolutely amazing, one of the best ive ever been too

i thought the venue, altho originally built for a trance club, was absolutely amazing! proper little rave venue that place, the lights, soundsystem etc etc was just perfect

Traxx
18-08-2004, 06:53 PM
the last Atomic Jam at Code was absolutely amazing, one of the best ive ever been too

i thought the venue, altho originally built for a trance club, was absolutely amazing! proper little rave venue that place, the lights, soundsystem etc etc was just perfect

was that robert hood one with ben long? ****in ace night that one of the best ive had :clap:

the laser's, lights & soundsystem were all fantastic :cool:

cant wait to see the new one :rambo:

DJ Sainsburys
19-08-2004, 02:03 AM
whats all this small club stuff?? Air, whilst being a shithole, holds 1500+, and reguarly holds helter skelter D&B nights which pack it out....sanctuary only holds 1100. The whole reason its at Air is because Mills & Surgeon are gonna drag in a huuuuuuuuuuge crowd

Frank Dogshit
19-08-2004, 02:30 AM
right then..

few things need clearing up.

is it a shithole or a nice trendy club?
is it small or is it big?
soundsystem good or bad??
:doh:

DJ Weiss
19-08-2004, 06:48 AM
The main room is dark, low and dingy, but is always clean, i'd go for a trendy club, as its a place to be seen

the sound system is VERY loud, but it just rumbles around, the clarity isn't all that, i'd say the beauty of techno will be lost in there, plus the sound bleeds from room one, into room 2, and viceversa (not such a problem with techno i guess)

They've taken one big room, and turned it into 2 smaller rooms, i'd say the main room can hold around 600-700 people, the second room can hold around 200-300 people, and the third can hold around 100-150

DJ Booth is ****ing mint tho, would love to have a mix in there

subsonic
19-08-2004, 08:23 AM
IM THERE no probs looking forward to a top night of mind blowing music from jeff and chris finke and also ratty wicked havent been to air before
so i hope it is a good venue looks good from outside ;)

Traxx
19-08-2004, 01:25 PM
**** it am gonna go still & decide for myself :rambo:

ampassasinbirmingham
19-08-2004, 01:32 PM
from living in bham and had a few experiences with the club i can say that.

1) as shifty says it holds more people, but it doesnt feel that way. it is very cramped and hot.

2) it is not really dingy, its trendy.

3) the soundsystem is JBL's flagship model ie) the one the show to potential buyers. A tweter box hangs over the middle of the dancefloor and it is rather ear splitting. the best sound system ive ever ehard. imo

Traxx
19-08-2004, 01:40 PM
from living in bham and had a few experiences with the club i can say that.

1) as shifty says it holds more people, but it doesnt feel that way. it is very cramped and hot.

2) it is not really dingy, its trendy.

3) the soundsystem is JBL's flagship model ie) the one the show to potential buyers. A tweter box hangs over the middle of the dancefloor and it is rather ear splitting. the best sound system ive ever ehard. imo

that sounds more like it :clap:

the system they had in there when it was code took the piss :rambo:

Adverse
19-08-2004, 06:08 PM
i'm just curious how much this is costing folk.

Traxx
19-08-2004, 06:48 PM
i'm just curious how much this is costing folk.

how much what is costing?

dannyjam
19-08-2004, 07:11 PM
just to let you all know,
in addition to the advertised line-up,
Ben Sims and Chris Finke will be playing
a back to back drum & bass set in room 2

atomic-jam

Traxx
19-08-2004, 07:12 PM
just to let you all know,
in addition to the advertised line-up,
Ben Sims and Chris Finke will be playing
a back to back drum & bass set in room 2

atomic-jam

you havin a laugh?

dannyjam
19-08-2004, 07:14 PM
i kid you not

Traxx
19-08-2004, 07:17 PM
that must be a first then?

dannyjam
19-08-2004, 07:23 PM
should be interesting

Esox Lucius
19-08-2004, 07:46 PM
madness :lol:

Frank Dogshit
19-08-2004, 07:58 PM
quality!! :lol:

well worth a nosey for a junglist like yourself riley. :rambo:

Traxx
19-08-2004, 10:39 PM
quality!! :lol:

well worth a nosey for a junglist like yourself riley. :rambo:

innit ill have to check that out, sound's right up my street :cool:

romelpotter
19-08-2004, 11:17 PM
this is going to be very good indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Traxx
21-08-2004, 04:05 PM
someone was saying on another board that i use that this event is only on till 4, is that right?

neko
21-08-2004, 04:21 PM
can't see that being true.
don't they always have allnight events at air?
gutted if its true though. :neutral:

Traxx
21-08-2004, 04:23 PM
yeah i will be well ****in gutted if it is coz the train home aint till after 6 :roll:

neko
21-08-2004, 04:37 PM
bullied then.
mcdonalds doesnt even open til 6 or 6.30 i think.
nothing like a stint in mcdonalds the morning after the jam :lol:

Traxx
21-08-2004, 04:44 PM
bullied then.
mcdonalds doesnt even open til 6 or 6.30 i think.
nothing like a stint in mcdonalds the morning after the jam :lol:

**** that id rather not go then do a mc'donalds rave till the train was ready :nono:

hate all that ****in about me, i just wanna get home & get wrecked quick as possible :twisted: :rambo: :twisted:

neko
21-08-2004, 04:52 PM
just get wrecked in mcdonalds :lol:

tis fuking grim alright sitting in that mcdonalds.
anytime i've got the train its always freezing, we tried sitting in some of the shop doorways in that wee shopping centre thats joined onto the train station, but the security guard always moves us :evil: must think we're smackheads or something :lol:

Traxx
21-08-2004, 04:58 PM
just get wrecked in mcdonalds :lol:

tis fuking grim alright sitting in that mcdonalds.
anytime i've got the train its always freezing, we tried sitting in some of the shop doorways in that wee shopping centre thats joined onto the train station, but the security guard always moves us :evil: must think we're smackheads or something :lol:

haha funny that, weve had to do that a few times as well :clap:

if the mc'donalds served booze then id be less arsed but until it does :nono:

ampassasinbirmingham
23-08-2004, 01:07 AM
u crack heads. thats the grimest mccdonalds in birmingham.

hit me up at the jam and i will tell of a place to go for alcohol and breakfast after the jam

Frank Dogshit
23-08-2004, 01:22 AM
good lad amp.

youll be doin us a massive favour there! that mcdonalds is horrid!

Traxx
23-08-2004, 01:49 AM

hit me up at the jam and i will tell of a place to go for alcohol and breakfast after the jam

boh :clap:

booze is just whats needed at that time of the morning :cool:

ampassasinbirmingham
23-08-2004, 02:03 AM
good lad amp.

youll be doin us a massive favour there! that mcdonalds is horrid!

thought u wernt down with the next jam????

ampassasinbirmingham
23-08-2004, 02:30 AM
thought it was a secret but it obviously isnt.

Chris finke b2b ben sims doing a drum and bass set at atomic jam.

think they both must have been pissed when they came up with this shenanigan. I really hope they both sport burrbery caps and tracksuit bottoms :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Traxx
23-08-2004, 02:36 AM

where's the alcohol & booze gaff amp?

ampassasinbirmingham
23-08-2004, 09:25 AM

where's the alcohol & booze gaff amp?

a market tavern called the mercat next to bullring. opens up for the market peeps real early

Esox Lucius
23-08-2004, 10:42 AM
new street station is grim in the early hours :shock:

Eddie
23-08-2004, 01:37 PM

think they both must have been pissed when they came up with this shenanigan. I really hope they both sport burrbery caps and tracksuit bottoms :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that was at the last one, there was an act on called benny and the goat?

As for maccys nothing better than a bananna milkshake while waitin for the train, but if i never see new st station again i will die a happy man!

ampassasinbirmingham
24-08-2004, 05:44 PM

I thought that was at the last one, there was an act on called benny and the goat?

As for maccys nothing better than a bananna milkshake while waitin for the train, but if i never see new st station again i will die a happy man!

didnt realise danny jam had already mentioned the drum and bass set.

benny and the goat are a bham based drum and bass outfit

DJ Sainsburys
26-08-2004, 12:20 AM
:nono:

miss bass
26-08-2004, 06:37 PM
see y'all there peeps, say hello!!!!!:)

Traxx
26-08-2004, 06:45 PM
got the train tickest today :cool:

romelpotter
26-08-2004, 09:09 PM
see y'all there peeps, say hello!!!!!:)

HELLO !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :doh:

Traxx
26-08-2004, 10:19 PM
ive been to code a few times before but it was years ago now & my memory isnt what it used to be :roll:

anyone from brum or those in the know wanna point me in the direction of code/air from the train station, are we talkin walkin distance or taxi job?

djfurness
26-08-2004, 10:50 PM
taxi job as far as i can remember!

subsonic
27-08-2004, 11:18 AM
ive been to code a few times before but it was years ago now & my memory isnt what it used to be :roll:

anyone from brum or those in the know wanna point me in the direction of code/air from the train station, are we talkin walkin distance or taxi job?

walking distance it just past the sanctuary upto the custard factory turn left walk to the bottom of the road its on your right ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==