PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bicknell

Sunil
11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
What's he doing these days? Still producing?

herman
11-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Yes heard the new cosmic the other day its a good one actually also some remix's coming on theory as well i belive

EX
11-08-2004, 04:58 PM
the remixes he did for sebastien kramer were also cool tracks.

Sunil
11-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Nice one. What distributor are Cosmic with now?

Tiptoe
11-08-2004, 05:04 PM
steve played at darkside and well banged it out a few month back. really good dj and producer.

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 06:36 PM
was that the night he was on with robert hood?

i thought he was poor personally,really couldnt get to grips with some of the stuff he was playing at all and couldnt really rave on about his mixing either.

some of his jam sets were nothing to write home about either..

The Overfiend
11-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Any body have any links to his sets? I've always loved his production.

drift9
11-08-2004, 07:25 PM
yeah--the times i've seen him i've been far from impressed. neither active nor smooth.

on the flip side i've really enjoyed his past productions...

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 07:30 PM
yeah theres no doubting his tunes kick arse. :clap:

detfella
11-08-2004, 07:55 PM
and his parties rock

Tiptoe
11-08-2004, 07:57 PM
thought he was good at darkside :lol:
really sound bloke. was having a smoke and chattin to him behind the decks. really knows his shit

dirty_bass
11-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Hmmm, although his tunes are fantastic.
I`ve seen him play at lost loads of times, and I think the only reason he plays there is cos it`s his night.
He tries to mix like mills, but allways mixes at the wrong point and kills the groove.
And the last few lost parties have been awefull.
All the money they make and they can`t afford a decent sound system or monitoring. Unforgivable.

eyes without a face
11-08-2004, 09:37 PM
i must say, ive seen Bicknell once and my word... seriously... seriously... DULL!!!

it was Atomic Jam with Luke Slater and Hawtin too, and my word all 3 were terrible that night... especialyl Bicknell tho..... really really bad

tioneb
11-08-2004, 09:47 PM
the london crowds give him a bad reputation .... like each time he spins with mills its "he was terrible,...... as always"

im just gossiping, he never played near my place (actually he barely plays in France)

zaalmoetlos
11-08-2004, 10:26 PM
the london crowds give him a bad reputation .... like each time he spins with mills its "he was terrible,...... as always"

im just gossiping, he never played near my place (actually he barely plays in France)

i played with him once was quite good. his double album on cosmic for why and for whom (or something like that) is amazing

Rhys
11-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Yeah, he wasn't terrible at Darkside, just nothing to write home about. I think he's got a bit of a rep for looking miserable behind the decks.

neko
11-08-2004, 11:49 PM
i dont even remember him at darkside even though i was there that night :oops:

was he before or after robert hood? :eh:

Traxx
11-08-2004, 11:52 PM
i dont even remember him at darkside even though i was there that night :oops:

was he before or after robert hood? :eh:

what where you on then? :lol:

neko
11-08-2004, 11:54 PM
lol cheeky get.
wasnt even twatted that night.
can only remember hood and the guy that was on just before him.

Traxx
11-08-2004, 11:57 PM
lol cheeky get.
wasnt even twatted that night.
can only remember hood and the guy that was on just before him.

lol, i believe ya, honest ;) :lol:

neko
11-08-2004, 11:59 PM
all i can say is i wasnt in my usual state that night :lol:
had more of my wits about me than usual

Traxx
12-08-2004, 12:07 AM
all i can say is i wasnt in my usual state that night :lol:
had more of my wits about me than usual

you obviously never coz you cant remember bicknell ;)

i reckon you got carried out the club :lol:

neko
12-08-2004, 12:14 AM
if he was the guy before hood i remember him
if he was after hood, then i only saw a bit of him cus we left after that.

didnt see any of the others.

Traxx
12-08-2004, 12:15 AM
gutted i missed that night i really wanted to see Hood :cry:

neko
12-08-2004, 12:16 AM
i liked hood that night, hr played 'energy flash' at the start of his set :cool:

Rhys
12-08-2004, 12:23 AM
He was on before Hood.

neko
12-08-2004, 12:27 AM
the one just before hood?
thought he was quite good for most of his set, got quite banging at times, then he started playing all this carnival stuff.
remember him playing the tune from that 'samba de janeiro'. the whole club just stopped and looked at each other as if to say 'wtf?'
lol funny as ****. :lol:

serox
12-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Hmmm, although his tunes are fantastic.
I`ve seen him play at lost loads of times, and I think the only reason he plays there is cos it`s his night.
He tries to mix like mills, but allways mixes at the wrong point and kills the groove.
And the last few lost parties have been awefull.
All the money they make and they can`t afford a decent sound system or monitoring. Unforgivable.

agree with every comment there.
LOST has really gone down hill for me in the last 4/5 years in so many ways.

I have never enjoyed his mixing, like you said. He always mixes records in the wrong place, like a verse behind or some thing.

I have not heard all his productions, but the ones i did have i put in the bin :(

T
12-08-2004, 09:39 AM
http://www.lost.co.uk

serox
12-08-2004, 10:34 AM
i liked hood that night, hr played 'energy flash' at the start of his set :cool:

i hate it when people come over from detroit and try to school you with old classics.

rca
12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Like many other techno producers, as DJ, he is terrible.

T
12-08-2004, 03:47 PM
I like a lot of lost recordings/cosmic productions and Lost parties still get some excellent dj's and though as mentioned the venues and sound systems could sometimes be a lot better, I've always like the stripped down lost approach, dark room, good crowd, ave it. imo Bicknell's not technically a good dj but he usually does the warm up slot and is not the main reason I would go to a lost party. I wouldn't usually crticise a dj for givin it their best shot but when punters pay a lot of money for it then it's an issue, especially when the boy next door could probably mix better.
Tend to go elsewhere for my techno these days but Lost has provided me with some excellent nights over the years and have seen some proper quality sets from the likes of Mills, Claude Young, Surgeon, Rob Hood, Bone etc so fair play for that.

Col
12-08-2004, 10:33 PM

and surprisingly he finds "lost" one of his fav events.

The Overfiend
12-08-2004, 11:12 PM

i hate it when people come over from detroit and try to school you with old classics.

He can't just like Energy Flash? Compared to what Beltram is doing now I'd love for some Energy Flash right now!

Sunil
13-08-2004, 03:46 AM

He can't just like Energy Flash? Compared to what Beltram is doing now I'd love for some Energy Flash right now!

Yes! And to think Tresor are releasing an album of that crap soon :cry:

The Overfiend
13-08-2004, 04:03 AM

Yes! And to think Tresor are releasing an album of that crap soon :cry:

They've gotta be kidding me, If I wanted a bad boy bill cd I'd go out and buy one. What happened to tresor when they were one of the hottest labels out there, that you would drool when every record came out, Lately ummmm. I want to throw up. Pardon my strong opinion but JEEEEZUS!

serox
13-08-2004, 10:47 AM
I like a lot of lost recordings/cosmic productions and Lost parties still get some excellent dj's and though as mentioned the venues and sound systems could sometimes be a lot better, I've always like the stripped down lost approach, dark room, good crowd, ave it. imo Bicknell's not technically a good dj but he usually does the warm up slot and is not the main reason I would go to a lost party. I wouldn't usually crticise a dj for givin it their best shot but when punters pay a lot of money for it then it's an issue, especially when the boy next door could probably mix better.
Tend to go elsewhere for my techno these days but Lost has provided me with some excellent nights over the years and have seen some proper quality sets from the likes of Mills, Claude Young, Surgeon, Rob Hood, Bone etc so fair play for that.

tbh the last 6 LOSTS i have been to have all been shit. they keep getting worse each time. I keep thinking, maybe, just maybe it will be as good as it was. Maybe they have fixed all the problems, maybe things will be cheaper. but nope it just sucks more n more.

Even the 'main' DJs there i think have all sucked lol. Mixing the easiest ****ing music to mix and still ****ing it up. Lazy mixing everytime. I have seen much better DJ's who are not even known at cheap or free partys.

278d7e64a374de26f==