PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo press release

Bugger
11-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Green Velvet @ The Voodoo 11th Anniversary Party

Saturday 2nd October @ Carling Academy Liverpool, 11-13 Hotham Street L3 5UF, www.liverpool-academy.co.uk

10pm – 4am £12.50adv

Green Velvet
Steve Shiels [Voodoo]
Brendan Long [Bugged Out!]

In The Voodoo Lounge..

Revo [Evol]
Nocturne [Tfunkshun]

Back by public demand Liverpool’s seminal club night Voodoo has risen from the grave to celebrate its 11th Anniversary in true uncompromising Voodoo style. DJs for the night include long term resident Steve Shiels [Voodoo] and new resident on the block Brendan Long [Bugged Out!]. Also in addition to the usual techno & acid house main room action in the Voodoo lounge will be new resident DJ Revo [Evol] & special guest Nocturne [Tfunkshun] playing everything from electro to electronica to deep house and back again - detouring at anywhere they want!

The special guest for the evening - the creator of ‘La La Land’s refrain ‘Something ‘bout those little pills...’ - is Curtis Jones aka Cajmere’s alter-ego Green Velvet.

Green Velvet hit the dance scene with the suitably twisted ‘Preacher Man’ in 1993, ‘Flash’, ‘Leave My Body’, ‘The Stalker (Losing My Mind)’, ‘Destination Unknown’, ‘Land of the Lost’ and ‘Answering Machine’ were next. All of them chapters in a story of house and techno that are now sealed in legend on dance floors across the globe.

Tickets for the event are on sale now £12.50 + booking fee from 0870 771 2000 or www.ticketweb.co.uk and selected local outlets. Tickets purchased in person with cash from the venue box office are free from booking fee.

Further news of note is that the event will be back permanently at the Carling Academy Liverpool on the last Saturday of every month starting from Sat 30th October for a Halloween Party with special guest The Hacker (Goodlife, Gigolo) and very very special guests tba, and hook up with another event tba. Saturday 27th November sees the Liverpool debut of Gigolo recording artist and Dave Clarke favourite Terence Fixmer with an exclusive live perfomance. More details to follow shortly.

Voodoo out! x

oldbugger
11-08-2004, 05:35 PM
cant wait this this..

shame that brendan long is playing though lol

hi brendan :lol: only joking

neko
11-08-2004, 05:41 PM
happy days :twisted:

glad to see another techno night starting up in the north, even better cus its an old favourite.

i'll be there for definate :dance:

Bugger
11-08-2004, 05:41 PM
yo! think im going to have to change my name now you on are here, ha ha, there can only be one bugger!

neko
11-08-2004, 05:42 PM
btw which room is it being held in?
the one that was used for NYE or the bigger one? :?:

oldbugger
11-08-2004, 05:54 PM
grren velvet live or dj set?

will he turn up? that is the question.. lets hope so..he totally rocked nation in october..

really looking forward to this..will be like the good old days again :lol:

oldbugger
11-08-2004, 05:56 PM
grren velvet live or dj set?

will he turn up? that is the question.. lets hope so..he totally rocked nation in october..

really looking forward to this..will be like the good old days again :lol:

Doh! just read it properly... wish there was an edit your post feature on here :oops:

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 06:22 PM
great stuff this!

my excitement is hard to contain with old terrence fixmer coming to town!!

and as for this special guest with the hacker well.... :clap: :clap: :lol:

Col
11-08-2004, 06:40 PM
mmm...would like to see green velvet. door price is a little harsh considering though. i might try and get along for this one.

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 06:58 PM
£12.50s about right i rekon,just remember green velvet is a pretty sizeable name and youd pay £12+ to get in the orbit and sometimes just see the 1 dj plus it was only on till 2am. so look at it that way... ;)

jock
11-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Tis good news voodoo being back i think, hope its a regular occurance!!!

Suppose Green Velvet is a good old Voodoo name and someone that will pull the crowd in, not too sure about the £12.50 booking fee but then its good to support these places.

I thought I heard something about a Atomic Jam vs Voodoo night, or is that not happening??

Massive call on the Terence Fixmer though, been dying to see him and was gutted when they cancelled ElectroVoodoo before his night.

Looks like techno is on the way up in liverpool!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Traxx
11-08-2004, 10:23 PM
£12.50s about right i rekon,just remember green velvet is a pretty sizeable name and youd pay £12+ to get in the orbit and sometimes just see the 1 dj plus it was only on till 2am. so look at it that way... ;)

id say it was a bit steep imo...its only one sizeable name as you call it after all......

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Tis good news voodoo being back i think, hope its a regular occurance!!!
I thought I heard something about a Atomic Jam vs Voodoo night, or is that not happening??

just you wait and see,cant wait for the names tbc!! :lol:

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 10:39 PM

id say it was a bit steep imo...its only one sizeable name as you call it after all......

if you dont like it,dont go.... :lol:

I'll happily pay out £12.50 for this night because i know how quality the nights are gonna be!!its whats been missing in liverpool for ages so paying that money out will be worth it to see the club go on and dominate the liverpool techno scene once again.

Bugger
11-08-2004, 10:43 PM
£12.50 for 6 hours isn't too bad if you ask me. Most big clubs these days charge similar prices, if not more! Plus you have to remember guys like Green Velvet don't come cheap! For example clubs such as Bugged Out! and Superconductor had to charge £20 when they booked Jeff Mills just to break even.

Tickets are selling well allready, so get them early, we reckon it's gonna be a sell out!

News regarding Voodoo hooking up with a certain event will be announced soon!

Stella Boy
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Never seen GV play so I hope to see you down there. ;)

basslinejunkie
11-08-2004, 11:07 PM
£12.50's pretty reasonable id say :clap: ;) and anywayz who cares its only money,vodoo's back!!!! :)

Stella Boy
11-08-2004, 11:16 PM
I guees the price of entry is all dependant on who's playing & what they charge based against the capacity of the club.

Frank Dogshit
11-08-2004, 11:43 PM
its only a smallish venue (the small room which there using anyway)about 600 i think it probs holds.

be good if you can get down tony,green velvet will no doubt be up to his usual antics on the mic. :lol:

jake
12-08-2004, 07:43 AM
green velvet rules!!!!!!! especially on 3 dex.. seen him twice and always been extremely impressed. look for green velvet live @ speakeasy.. some nice stuff that isnt constrained by genres :)

Numeric
12-08-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm gonna try to attend, just because it's Voodoo...

Col
12-08-2004, 10:42 PM

well just look at the darkside...most of the time you get 3 headliners (and they are usually people that hardly ever get booked in the uk) for £10 over 8 hours. now that is fair door pricing.

i dont have a massive issue with having to pay £12.50 to see green velvet, but i think most other nights in the uk would charge much less considering.

it looks as the guys at voodoo look to make quite a few bucks from the night.

Col
12-08-2004, 11:06 PM
£12.50 for 6 hours isn't too bad if you ask me. Most big clubs these days charge similar prices, if not more! Plus you have to remember guys like Green Velvet don't come cheap! For example clubs such as Bugged Out! and Superconductor had to charge £20 when they booked Jeff Mills just to break even.
!

yeah but bugged out like to make money (hence their prices) and you wont see a better proposed line-up in the uk than the one that superconductor had lined up.

to compare a night offering grenn velvet, to a night which offered mills, hood, and weatherall is laughable. (in the nicest way possible ;) ) dont get me wrong i would like to see green velvet, and i might come along (i certainley would like to) pending on the cash, but that door price makes it that extra bit difficult. (especially for a jobless bastard such as myself)

neko
12-08-2004, 11:20 PM
well i'll definately be in attendance and i don't mind paying the entrance fee.
but i do think it is a bit expensive.
when you compare it to atomic jam which is also £12.50, we are getting a lot less for our money.
but like i said i dont mind paying it, will be a top night, and also looking forward to meeting some new people ;)

The Overfiend
12-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Velvet's live show is the shit!
Seen him at limelight live and he was just a straight experience, then he got on the decks after his almost hour long classic performance, He had these guys the misfits with him. Hopefully youguys get the same show. It's one to bring a camera for!

Traxx
12-08-2004, 11:34 PM
id really like to see GV hope he's there this time tho coz the last three times ive been to see him he aint showed for whatever reason :doh:

Katie
15-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Are you joking terrence fixmer? can't wait for this! been dying to see him for ages! :love:

Green Velvet @ The Voodoo 11th Anniversary Party

Saturday 2nd October @ Carling Academy Liverpool, 11-13 Hotham Street L3 5UF, www.liverpool-academy.co.uk

10pm – 4am £12.50adv

Green Velvet
Steve Shiels [Voodoo]
Brendan Long [Bugged Out!]

In The Voodoo Lounge..

Revo [Evol]
Nocturne [Tfunkshun]

Back by public demand Liverpool’s seminal club night Voodoo has risen from the grave to celebrate its 11th Anniversary in true uncompromising Voodoo style. DJs for the night include long term resident Steve Shiels [Voodoo] and new resident on the block Brendan Long [Bugged Out!]. Also in addition to the usual techno & acid house main room action in the Voodoo lounge will be new resident DJ Revo [Evol] & special guest Nocturne [Tfunkshun] playing everything from electro to electronica to deep house and back again - detouring at anywhere they want!

The special guest for the evening - the creator of ‘La La Land’s refrain ‘Something ‘bout those little pills...’ - is Curtis Jones aka Cajmere’s alter-ego Green Velvet.

Green Velvet hit the dance scene with the suitably twisted ‘Preacher Man’ in 1993, ‘Flash’, ‘Leave My Body’, ‘The Stalker (Losing My Mind)’, ‘Destination Unknown’, ‘Land of the Lost’ and ‘Answering Machine’ were next. All of them chapters in a story of house and techno that are now sealed in legend on dance floors across the globe.

Tickets for the event are on sale now £12.50 + booking fee from 0870 771 2000 or www.ticketweb.co.uk and selected local outlets. Tickets purchased in person with cash from the venue box office are free from booking fee.

Further news of note is that the event will be back permanently at the Carling Academy Liverpool on the last Saturday of every month starting from Sat 30th October for a Halloween Party with special guest The Hacker (Goodlife, Gigolo) and very very special guests tba, and hook up with another event tba. Saturday 27th November sees the Liverpool debut of Gigolo recording artist and Dave Clarke favourite Terence Fixmer with an exclusive live perfomance. More details to follow shortly.

Voodoo out! x

Bugger
02-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Tickets are selling really fast for Oct 2nd so make sure you get one folks!

Tickets will be available in most Liverpool record shops within the next few days, and are already on sale in the Carling Academy box ofice and Radio City box office.

Info regarding the line-up on Oct 30th will be revealed soon, it's gonna blow your socks off kiddies!

Bren x

oldbugger
02-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Info regarding the line-up on Oct 30th will be revealed soon, it's gonna blow your socks off kiddies!

Bren x

you can't say only that and then just piss off :doh:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!.....come on...gis a clue

romelpotter
03-09-2004, 12:07 AM

Bren x

you can't say only that and then just piss off :doh:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!.....come on...gis a clue

its dave seamen and Peter Tong :doh: :doh: :doh: :dontevengothere:

Bugger
03-09-2004, 01:30 AM
We will be announcing the official line-up for Oct 30th within the next few days.

It could be Pete Tong!

Frank Dogshit
03-09-2004, 12:16 PM
i cant wait for this night.what a lineup!

Katie
03-09-2004, 06:46 PM
anyone bought there tix yet?

oldbugger
03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
bollox....i might be on holiday :cry:

Katie
04-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Gutted! :doh: just got the new fixmer and mccarthy album it's good but just can't make out what i think of it yet! haha! :lol:

oldbugger
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Gutted! :doh: just got the new fixmer and mccarthy album it's good but just can't make out what i think of it yet! haha! :lol:

hi katie.

i heard this a few days ago...i know exactly what you mean...i'm undecided too. not what i would normally listen to to be honest.

oldbugger
04-09-2004, 11:38 AM

hi katie.

i heard this a few days ago...i know exactly what you mean...i'm undecided too. not what i would normally listen to to be honest.

far too electro pop for my liking. :nono:

Bugger
05-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Electro pop! Are you having a laugh? You clearly have a misunderstanding of what electro pop is! The new Fixmer/McCarthy album is industrial, EBM at it's finest. It's like calling Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, DAF, electro pop, no no no!

If that album is electro pop, i'd hate to think what Fischerspooner is!

Terence will tear the ****in roof off, pure 100% electronic filfth, nobody sounds like Terence!

oldbugger
05-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Electro pop! Are you having a laugh? You clearly have a misunderstanding of what electro pop is! The new Fixmer/McCarthy album is industrial, EBM at it's finest. It's like calling Nitzer Ebb, Front 242, DAF, electro pop, no no no!

If that album is electro pop, i'd hate to think what Fischerspooner is!

Terence will tear the **** roof off, pure 100% electronic filfth, nobody sounds like Terence!

that murderous tune is pure pop imo. good club track but far too poppy. i don;t see what all the fuss was about. far too cheesy. should be on top of the pops that.

only track on that fixmer/ mcarthy albumn i liked were the simpler ones like nut split.

dong get me wrong...its ok. but not my cup of tea ;) its just NOT dirty like you say.

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2004, 01:05 PM
personally i love the album :love: . its got tracks on there that take everyones fancy and the majority have massive club appeal imo.

destroy and that 'you want it,you got it' track are completely off there rocker!

unique and different this album. cant wait to see him at voodoo.

Katie
05-09-2004, 04:15 PM

hi katie.

I understand what your saying here! i expected it to be more nasty bit dissapointed but i still think it's a good album just think i'm getting too twisted! :lol:

Can't wait to see him at voodoo either so excited been dying to see him for ages! when do the tickets go on sale bren?

Bugger
05-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Terence will be performing live on his own at Voodoo, hence without Douglas McCarthy, so expect all the old favourites!

Personally I would have loved to see them together, but we decided Terence on his own would suit Voodoo more.

Bren

Traxx
05-09-2004, 06:50 PM
[quote="Bugger"]We will be announcing the official line-up for Oct 30th within the next few days.
quote]

who is it then?

easy been a few days :lol:

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2004, 06:52 PM
you love the teasing goin on dont you riley! :lol:

Traxx
05-09-2004, 06:58 PM
:nono:

jock
05-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Fixmer is anything but electro pop, the man will ****ing tear the roof off Voodoo. That Nitzer Ebb remix he did is a classic.

all of the coming up nights should be brilliant, think the 30th one might be the clincher in the pack though!!!

oldbugger
05-09-2004, 08:07 PM
is there only me that thinks that nitzer eb stuff is shit? its just pop shite imo.

Surely someone agrees here. :doh:

jock
05-09-2004, 08:40 PM
no ****ing way.

Let your body learn, Join in the chant and smear are all classic, not to mention a few other.

Its just not trevor rockliffe though is it oldbugger!? :nono:

oldbugger
05-09-2004, 08:43 PM
no **** way.

Let your body learn, Join in the chant and smear are all classic, not to mention a few other.

Its just not trevor rockliffe though is it oldbugger!? :nono:

hhahhahha..is it **** trev. :lol:

like i said,,,its OK, and i can appreciate how well put together it all is...BUT... its just too poppy for my liking,

gonna go listen again....brb ;)

Bugger
05-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Nitzer Ebb made some of the most forward thinking electronic music of the 1980's and you'll find they're big influences amongst the likes of Dave Clarke, DJ Hell, Richie Hawtin, The Hacker, Terence Fixmer, etc.

Agreed they made some dodgy stuff towards the end of there career but they made some classics!

oldbugger
05-09-2004, 08:53 PM
right...just listened again quickly to every track on the albumn... i actually really dislike it now. it reminds me of a cross between demeche mode/human league and dave clarke lol.

whats all that f*ckin singing about ,thats awful.... really not my thing at all this.. and nothing really interesting. just my opinion..

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Electrostatic and Destroy in that academy!! :bash: :wtf:

Dont suppose youve listened to muscle machine before old bugger?Have a listen to that then come back with an opinion on fixmer.

Industrial raw filth of an album! :clap:

doc12inch
06-09-2004, 09:36 AM
cant wait this this..

shame that brendan long is playing though lol

hi brendan :lol: only joking

i saw bredon at creamfields - last set - he was really good - wasnt many people in the tent but the set was wicked.

shame you played murder was the bass ehhehe.

Bugger
06-09-2004, 02:19 PM
ha ha ha, I wouldn't normally play but felt it it was hard to get a reaction out the crowd (mainly because at 5.00am people are either knackered or completely spannered!) so had to resort to a few crowd pleasers. It's been taken out of my box!

Creamfields was good fun, apart from them not letting me play one last tracks, cunts!

Bugger
06-09-2004, 02:21 PM
by the way it's BRENDAN not bredon ;)

Eddie
06-09-2004, 02:23 PM
LOL at bredon, yet another typo for your collection.

doc12inch
06-09-2004, 02:52 PM
by the way it's BRENDAN not bredon ;)

duely noted ;)

to be fair i didnt dance but it was good to stand and watch + listen to as u said people were knackard.

ill keep my eyes peeled if your on anywhere close to me.

oh if anyones bored listen to this
http://andy.trance.users.btopenworld.com/Tasty_Techno.htm

might get your socks rocking.

Eddie
06-09-2004, 02:57 PM
He is playing subsonica on saturday

Katie
07-09-2004, 11:48 PM

Dont suppose youve listened to muscle machine before old bugger?Have a listen to that then come back with an opinion on fixmer.

That albums awesome! was proper gutted when sam lost it! haha! :cry:

Eddie
08-09-2004, 09:39 AM

That albums awesome! was proper gutted when sam lost it! haha! :cry:

I have got rowans copy :cool:

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2004, 11:22 AM
and so you should have.

he didnt even like it really.before he bought it he asked me what album he should buy and i told him to get that so i could have a good borrow. think it worried him when he got home and put it on and just forced himself to like it for the sake of £12.99. prick.

Eddie
08-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Still owes me a tenner tho! Ah well ying and yang and all that.

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2004, 11:48 AM
quite true,id say your up by about 3 quid which aint bad.

mike jordans got his fear and loathing cd too.thats ALL of rowans dance music collection gone.poor lad.

is connor still using that muscle machine cd as a frisbie do you know?

Eddie
08-09-2004, 01:29 PM
No although it is in his room, been using his xbox to play it while bathing! Adjatated techno warrior!

Got to star in a promotional video for work now aswell, should be fun!

278d7e64a374de26f==