PDA

View Full Version : A list of techno parties (UK)

MARKEG
27-03-2003, 02:55 AM
I know this maybe should be in the events section but if you know of a regular techno event, please post the name of it here. please don't post the complete line ups/dates - just a general list of who usually appears at those events. i think it'd be useful for ppl to know exactly what's going on in the UK......

MARKEG
27-03-2003, 02:56 AM
My post:

Atomic Jam

Regulars: Dave Clarke, Rob Hood, Space Djz
Residents: Ade Fenton

Venue: Que Club, Birmingham

Esox Lucius
27-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Tfunk shun Liverpool

Recent & future guests include

DJ Bone, Freddy Fresh, Luke Solomon, Anthony Shake Shakir.

wenna
27-03-2003, 08:39 AM
north, stoke.

nuff said! :P

Adverse
27-03-2003, 08:46 AM
man i just saw on the HOG site that there's a night coming up (friday actually) with james ruskin, 65d mavericks (live) and surgeon + residents from 10 pm- 6am !!!

that's in bimingham obviously.

...i'm crying over here in canada.

Paul Nisbet
27-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Edinburgh

Tortured - Guests, umek, billy nasty, marco corrola etc

Dogma - guests like sekonz, henrik b etc.

Patrick
27-03-2003, 09:46 AM
My post:

Atomic Jam

Regulars: Dave Clarke, Rob Hood, Space Djz
Residents: Ade Fenton

Venue: Que Club, Birmingham

Sorry for going a tiny bit off topic here (what can I say, us technoheads never can stay on topic, eh? :wink: ) but does anyone know the definitive answer about tha AJ future venues. Last two were at code but I'm also hearing rumours they are back at the Que for the June event. Mark, do you know something defo or was that based on previous events there ?

Paul Nisbet
27-03-2003, 09:52 AM
at code, fcukin hell, i can only imagin that was awesome.

Code is superb imo, in scotland there really isnt the kinda venues u guys down south ave the pleasure of goin 2 week in week out.

miromiric.
27-03-2003, 10:06 AM
<<man i just saw on the HOG site that there's a night coming up (friday actually) with james ruskin, 65d mavericks (live) and surgeon + residents from 10 pm- 6am !!! >>

:shock: i want my mummy! :(

say guyz what does dave clark play? he`s here in zagreb this friday, i am not going, i believe he plays that cheesy mtv "music" all around the place (at least he was last time i heard the guy). maybe i m wrong, maybe i should go?

Patrick
27-03-2003, 10:28 AM
say guyz what does dave clark play? he`s here in zagreb this friday, i am not going, i believe he plays that cheesy mtv "music" all around the place (at least he was last time i heard the guy). maybe i m wrong, maybe i should go?

Hmmm, DC is a tricky one to pin down these days. Love his electro sets, and I love his techno sets when they are in the style of his World Service CD, but I have heard him play some really soulless stuff at times too. Just hard for the sake of being hard, if you get me, and not really appropriate.
Now that he's signed to Skint, I don't know. He's been playing at The Big Beat Boutique in Brighton a bit lately and their crowd wouldn't accept a storming techno set. I heard the crowd dropped from 700 the first time he played to only 400 the 2nd time, but I don't know if that was techno people being put off by his new direction, or the Boutique crowd being put off by his techno.
That probably doesn't help much, but hey, you won't know what the water is like unless you dive in. :wink:

ampassasinbirmingham
27-03-2003, 01:09 PM
I live in birmingham(obviously), anyway

House of God
Residents: Surgeon, Nicky B, Paul Damage, Sir Real

10pm-6am

Im going tomora to see ruskin surgeon, 65d's and sir real..... NICE:)

About the q club. The last jam was at code because the q club was being used. The NYE jam was supposed to be at the q but fell thru for some unknown reason. The next jam is 90% sure at Que.

miasma man
27-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Headcharge (Acid Techno) at The Arches

Planet Zogg (Trance - I think) at the Arches

Local residents with guests, I believe, from around the country.

If you like savage brutal beatz this is the place to go.

I saw Chris Liberator there last Halloween. Hard as nails.

Not really to my personal taste though, I prefer funkier techno or hard as nails Techno that moves and works the crowd and does sound different from the last track, not the same old 4/4 formula with a few squelchy breaks... Hmm, this could be a new topic for discussion?

What about the Orbit in Leeds? Is that still going? I haven't been for about 2/3 years, last saw Adam Beyer. Pretty good. If it's still going so it's a proper good club.

Think Tank, Leeds - Mark and Chris Liberator played there last month. V good.

We need more Techno clubs/nights in Sheffield...

ampassasinbirmingham
27-03-2003, 02:39 PM
id love to go the orbit this weekend. Ben sims and mark broom on 6 decks.

It was either that or surgeon, 65d's and ruskin:):)

daviec
30-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Arches - Glasgow

Pressure, last Friday of every month.

Residents - Slam

Guests inc. Rush, Carola, Dave Clarke...

owain_k
30-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Holodeck - Cardiff Ice Rink Function Rooms

House, Techno & DnB over three rooms!

Guests: Chris Liberator, Dave The Drummer, Ade Fenton, Mark Hawkins

Re: The Jam..... haven't heard anything definitive about new venues as such, believe they will be itinerant for a while yet....

278d7e64a374de26f==