PDA

View Full Version : TECHNO ARTISTS WHO CAN BOTH PRODUCE & DJ BRILLIANTLY

rca
12-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I read with interest the topic re:Bicknall, so I thought I would start a new topic as I have always found this interesting:

Q: Why is it, so many producers (techno,house,trance..) are able to produce consistantly fantastic music but yet cannot get to grips with the concepts of being a great dj, even though they attempt it and fail? I have a concept and I think I know why this is/happens, but I'd rather read what other people think first...

MY TOP 5 PRODUCERS OF ALL TIME

1. RICHIE HAWTIN
2. JEFF MILLS
3. ADAM BEYER
4. SPEEDY J
5. BEN SIMMS

THIS IS BASED ON AN ABILITY TO BOTH PRODUCE AND DJ BRILLIANTLY (MOST OF THE TIME!)

dirty_bass
12-08-2004, 04:08 PM
It`s simple.
Not all producers, are talented DJ`s, not everyone can mix.
Many just aren`t interested in playing records, but get DJ work because of their releases.
But also this works the other way round.
Not all (in fact I would say very few) DJ`s make good producers. But because they can play 2 records in time they assume they can make good music.

Rog
12-08-2004, 04:22 PM
in answer to that for somebody who is "well known" i'd say chris leibling or cj bolland, however both have been a bit wayward with releases of late.

as for a good producer, but nicht so gut dj, i'd say misjah - however i've only heard recorded sets, and as we all know there can be a million and one things making his life hard on any given day!

if it rocks - it rocks ;)

Stella Boy
12-08-2004, 04:30 PM
I would say Derrick May but he aint done anything for a while but his past trax have been glorious and he's also a wicked DJ.

Inquisitor
12-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I'd go for Robert Hood, James Ruskin, Ian Lehman ...

dirty_bass
12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
I think the question was why, not who, before we get a long list of favourite dj/producers.

Rog
12-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I think the question was why....

well, for me - why for instance the reason why i buzz so much off of certain producers sounds - is that feeling it gives you!

from a smile (i don't smile to much!) :eh:
to a pure jumping around like a nutter (in ya car!!!) or just making the bass sounds in ya head - along with the chewn!

these things make me get bang into a certain chewn, it can be a simple thing - for instance just the way an effect is utalized or mor clever arrangments, where i just have to keep listening back and back and back and back, to understand what happened!

its emotion eh? ;)

Inquisitor
12-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Well i named 3 guys who can imo brilliantly produce and dj. The question 'why' is very wide. As it was mentioned not every producer is a talented dj + i think that many famous producers who travel and dj lots often give impression of being a bit bored of it all, meaning that their sets are kinda static and dull.

fitipaldi
12-08-2004, 05:30 PM
laurant garnier

ben sims

Both amazing dj's and producers

dirty_bass
12-08-2004, 05:46 PM
laurant garnier

ben sims

Both amazing dj's and producers :doh:

g
12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
i think the why is simply because djing and producing are two discrete skills. one doesn't have much to do with the other and mastering either is a conscious effort.

there's lots of talented producers who just never bothered to become very good djs. beltram and uncle juan come to mind. on the flip side, i'd say laurent definitely does not qualify as an amazing producer and that while sims' records are still fun sometimes, he's really a one-trick pony when it comes to production.

elek7r
12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
* Dave the drummer
* dj misjah
* Chris Liebing
* MArco Remus
* speedy j
* dj jerome

Miromiric
12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
djing and making music is only this close together in the eyes of mega techno ravers.

g
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
* Dave the drummer
* dj misjah
* Chris Liebing
* MArco Remus
* speedy j
* dj jerome

erm.. jochem almost never djs. and how can liebing be on this list when someone else makes his music?

oldbugger
12-08-2004, 06:44 PM
trevor rockliffe.

:clap:

amazing

Traxx
12-08-2004, 06:55 PM
erm.. jochem almost never djs. and how can liebing be on this list when someone else makes his music?

who?

ive heard alot about this, is it fact or hearsay.....

EX
12-08-2004, 07:17 PM
paul damage bailey. as to me he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

tioneb
12-08-2004, 07:50 PM

who?

is liebing good dj ??? all the sets ive heard from him are really average on the skills side, and he has one of the most boring tracklistings on earth... sure it deals with tastes ...

to be more constructive ... hmmm mills deserves respect for both djing a producing, lets not start a topic around him but ithink everybody will agree at least for a moment in his life he has done some amzing things and pushed forward both djing and producing

also lot of respect for claude young ...his prods are sometimes a bit weak but the pattern buffer serie is flawless

oh and RUNSKIN !!! he illustrates imo the most this topic

tioneb
12-08-2004, 07:51 PM
hmm sorry RUSKIN doest desserve a typo in his name =)

Frank Dogshit
12-08-2004, 07:58 PM
one name that springs to mind is thomas krome.

shockabuku,woodcarvers and bitches from hell all great records and his djing skills arent bad either.

not one of the true daddys but consistently good at both jobs.

Esox Lucius
12-08-2004, 08:02 PM
sims, hood, mills, ruskin, broom, pennington.

Frank Dogshit
12-08-2004, 08:03 PM
i also agree with fitpaldi too,regarding laurent garnier.

the guy has some serious skills and anyone that djs 6 hours+ earns respect....

anyone who can say MWTRF,Sound of the big babou and crispy bacon arent great well thought out tunes needs there head testing. :nono: ;)

Louis Theroux
12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Heard Renato Cohen dj recently & was quite impressed.

g
12-08-2004, 08:35 PM
erm.. jochem almost never djs.

who?
jochem paap = speedy j.

g
12-08-2004, 08:37 PM
paul damage bailey. as to me he doesn't get the credit he deserves.
definitely.

The Overfiend
12-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Great Topic :clap:

miss bass
12-08-2004, 08:43 PM
i havnt actually seen any of the producers i like dj.

Well in fact i like some tunes marco bailey has done and saw him play and he was not good at mixing, then his set went from serious dark well produced tunes to bang bang bang ................................

LOVE to see SPEEDY J soooooooooo bad!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

djlukas
12-08-2004, 08:50 PM
PET Duo are producing some amazing tracks and they are my favorite djs!

Dave the drummer is brilhant on both

Mark EG ... no dougt on that!

and many other like cristian varela, oscar mulero, chris liberator, liebing, etc...

Lukas

Traxx
12-08-2004, 08:51 PM

who?

is liebing good dj ??? all the sets ive heard from him are really average on the skills side, and he has one of the most boring tracklistings on earth... sure it deals with tastes ...

to be more constructive ... hmmm mills deserves respect for both djing a producing, lets not start a topic around him but ithink everybody will agree at least for a moment in his life he has done some amzing things and pushed forward both djing and producing

also lot of respect for claude young ...his prods are sometimes a bit weak but the pattern buffer serie is flawless

oh and RUNSKIN !!! he illustrates imo the most this topic

i was talkin about the comment on liebing not makin his own tracks mate ive seen liebing a few times myself & he hasnt really been my cup of tea either ;)

g
12-08-2004, 08:53 PM
hell yeah. can't believe mulero didn't come up already. freakin great at both.

...well, at least under the 'oscar mulero' producing moniker. ;)

The Overfiend
12-08-2004, 08:54 PM

...well, at least under the 'oscar mulero' producing moniker. ;)?
speak more?

Traxx
12-08-2004, 08:56 PM

who?
jochem paap = speedy j.

i meant who? in regards to what you said about someone else making liebing's tracks ;)

ive heard alot about this & was wondering if it was true & if so who it was that does make them?

rca
12-08-2004, 09:00 PM
It`s simple.
Not all producers, are talented DJ`s, not everyone can mix.
Many just aren`t interested in playing records, but get DJ work because of their releases.
But also this works the other way round.
Not all (in fact I would say very few) DJ`s make good producers. But because they can play 2 records in time they assume they can make good music.

hhmm.....

1st. To suggest, say, someone as creative as a techno producer, does not have the ability to grasp the most basic of dj'ing skills, 'beat mixing', I think is silly.

2nd. Beyer, Clarke, Mills are super star DJ's because of their records, fact. If you wanna be up there with the greats you have to make records, this is epsecially true for the 'Techno schene', so it's no accident that they are offered DJ work, it's all part of the game plan....

3rd. Name me a BIG techno DJ that produces consistanly bad techno music?

As for Thomas Krome, he is a terrible DJ.

The Overfiend
12-08-2004, 09:01 PM

who?
jochem paap = speedy j.

i meant who? in regards to what you said about someone else making liebing's tracks ;)

ive heard alot about this & was wondering if it was true & if so who it was that does make them?

andrew wooden

g
12-08-2004, 09:02 PM

who?
jochem paap = speedy j.

oh, oops. ;)

yeah, it's true. liebing himself talks about it in interviews. he's had a 'producing partner' since day 1, i forget the guys name. but i've seen liebing go as far as say that he brings in the ideas and this guy executes them. so i guess liebing sits around and does the human beatbox thing or says "let's use that eminem techno sample!" and the other guy does the actual work.

g
12-08-2004, 09:03 PM
andrew wooden
danke sammy

g
12-08-2004, 09:08 PM

...well, at least under the 'oscar mulero' producing moniker. ;)?
speak more?
i just meant that, while i love almost everything he's done as oscar mulero, i'm not so crazy about the trolley route stuff. the bethnal green 12" was cool but the occhi LP didn't do it for me.

Miromiric
12-08-2004, 09:12 PM

adam beyer,mauro picotto,dave clarke,sven vath,chris liebing...

rca
12-08-2004, 09:21 PM
[quote="rca"]

adam beyer

you joking ?

Sunil
12-08-2004, 09:22 PM
* Dave the drummer
* dj misjah
* Chris Liebing
* MArco Remus
* speedy j
* dj jerome

He hasn't DJ'd in over ten years or something, but when he did he won numerous national titles for DJing in Holland, so he is in fact very good at both.

Everyone is on Liebing's back over the fact he has a studio partner, it's not like he doesn't know his way around the studio or anything.. i certainly don't hold it against him anyway, Andre Walter has always chosen to be in the background as he's not that big into the clubscene.

g
12-08-2004, 09:26 PM
2nd. Beyer, Clarke, Mills are super star DJ's because of their records, fact. If you wanna be up there with the greats you have to make records, this is epsecially true for the 'Techno schene', so it's no accident that they are offered DJ work, it's all part of the game plan....
true, they are big ass djs because of their recorded work. but this has nothing to do with whether or not their djing is any GOOD.

g
12-08-2004, 09:27 PM
* Dave the drummer
* dj misjah
* Chris Liebing
* MArco Remus
* speedy j
* dj jerome

He hasn't DJ'd in over ten years or something, but when he did he won numerous national titles for DJing in Holland, so he is in fact very good at both.
that would be hip hop djing. this thread is about techno djs.

rca
12-08-2004, 09:31 PM
"true, they are big ass djs because of their recorded work. but this has nothing to do with whether or not their djing is any GOOD"

But thats my point, and thats why these 3 are the best?!

Sunil
12-08-2004, 09:32 PM

Completely, much of the hard techno that is discussed in this forum leads back to Mills, and it's the same with his DJing style too. There's few people into hard techno who haven't been majorly influenced directly or indirectly by his records and DJ style.

g
12-08-2004, 09:36 PM
"true, they are big ass djs because of their recorded work. but this has nothing to do with whether or not their djing is any GOOD"

But thats my point, and thats why these 3 are the best?!
right, wasn't speaking specifically to the names you mentioned. i was pointing out that you can become a huge dj on the merits of your productions and still be a crap dj.

you were talking about super star djs, i was talking about good djs. while we generally hope they are one in the same, of course, unfortunately, often they aren't.

rca
12-08-2004, 09:37 PM
MILLS
HAWTIN
SPEEDY J
BEYER

Lets not forget these 4 guys are def the pioneers of the techno schene, whether you like them or not, or whether you feel they've have or have'nt sold out. You have to agree, these guys, collectivly, are responsible for some fantastic techno music, some fantastic historic performances, and yes, fantastic bank balances....

Akkachar
12-08-2004, 09:38 PM

adam beyer,mauro picotto,dave clarke,sven vath,chris liebing...

+

marco remus, dj rush

Akkachar
12-08-2004, 09:40 PM
MILLS
HAWTIN
SPEEDY J
BEYER

Lets not forget these 4 guys are def the pioneers of the techno schene, whether you like them or not, or whether you feel they've have or have'nt sold out. You have to agree, these guys, collectivly, are responsible for some fantastic techno music, some fantastic historic performances, and yes, fantastic bank balances....

speedy j aint no dj...

and the last time i saw him was at awakenings new year eve and i must say he sucked big time, kinda stucked in his own formula...

Sunil
12-08-2004, 09:41 PM

No, it's about "TECHNO ARTISTS WHO CAN BOTH PRODUCE & DJ BRILLIANTLY". It's true that Speedy J doesn't DJ but he certainly can if put to the test. This thread is about how producers can get the tracks done but can't master DJing; Speedy J has mastered DJing, the fact he gave it up or doesn't spin techno nowadays is not particularly relevent .

rca
12-08-2004, 09:43 PM
If you've followed techno you can NOT slag BEYER off!!!!!

he's given us some classic techno gems, and the guy has fantastic technical ability, the only problem is a looks a little bit soft.

rca
12-08-2004, 09:47 PM
SPEEDY J @ ATOMIC JAM 2002 (I THINK)

THIS was the best techno performance (live, 2 x yamaha's, so ok NOT really DJ'ing) I have ever seen, if you were there? Hawtin came out after and as much as I rate the guy his set/performance was pathetic. The place just empty'd. Speedy J was just TO GOD DAMN GOOD !

g
12-08-2004, 09:52 PM
If you've followed techno you can NOT slag BEYER off!!!!!
you can if he doesn't do it for you, which is likely what miro was saying. no accounting for taste.

Col
12-08-2004, 10:21 PM
* Dave the drummer
* dj misjah
* Chris Liebing
* MArco Remus
* speedy j
* dj jerome

Everyone is on Liebing's back over the fact he has a studio partner, it's not like he doesn't know his way around the studio or anything.. i certainly don't hold it against him anyway, Andre Walter has always chosen to be in the background as he's not that big into the clubscene.

i stopped buying liebings "so called productions" as soon as i heard this. (coupled with the fact that this guy sits at the money end of techno)

i dont like being taken for a ride. if i hear of any so called producers who follow the same route i shall not be purchasing their records either. i dont enjoy being ripped off.

to get somebody else to make music for you, and take all the credit falls nothing short of pathetic.

The Overfiend
12-08-2004, 11:20 PM

No, it's about "TECHNO ARTISTS WHO CAN BOTH PRODUCE & DJ BRILLIANTLY". It's true that Speedy J doesn't DJ but he certainly can if put to the test. This thread is about how producers can get the tracks done but can't master DJing; Speedy J has mastered DJing, the fact he gave it up or doesn't spin techno nowadays is not particularly relevent .

And this is why I love Sunil.
http://www.tgsrm.org/images/Gay%20Men.jpg

Komplex
12-08-2004, 11:50 PM
* Dave the drummer
* dj misjah
* Chris Liebing
* MArco Remus
* speedy j
* dj jerome

i stopped buying liebings "so called productions" as soon as i heard this. (coupled with the fact that this guy sits at the money end of techno)

i dont like being taken for a ride. if i hear of any so called producers who follow the same route i shall not be purchasing their records either. i dont enjoy being ripped off.

to get somebody else to make music for you, and take all the credit falls nothing short of pathetic.

I totally agree. Whats worse is when they rip off/sample unknown artists too.

sash
12-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Renato Cohen (this guy is a gun dj)
Dave Clarke
Adam Beyer
Ben Sims
Dave the Drummer
Jeff Mills
Samuel L Sessions

ampassasinbirmingham
12-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Top producers who are very consistant dj's

Surgeon (even tho he hasnt even touched decks in about a year, or practised on them)
James Ruskin
Ben Sims
Grovskopa
Dave Clarke

Tiptoe
13-08-2004, 12:08 AM
ruskin has to stick out for me. boy can he produce and bang it out. Oscar mulero too. Love his productions and he is one of the best dj's i have seen. Paul damage as mentioned is a very good producer and dj. love his beat scratching. Adam beyer. good dj on his day. about 3 years ago i rwally loved his sets. beyer and corola at the orbit was ace. Love his older stuff and has pionered hard tribally looped techno for me.

ampassasinbirmingham
13-08-2004, 12:09 AM
ruskin has to stick out for me. boy can he produce and bang it out. Oscar mulero too. Love his productions and he is one of the best dj's i have seen. Paul damage as mentioned is a very good producer and dj. love his beat scratching. Adam beyer. good dj on his day. about 3 years ago i rwally loved his sets. beyer and corola at the orbit was ace. Love his older stuff and has pionered hard tribally looped techno for me.

forgot to mention mullero. deffinantly top notch

Tony
13-08-2004, 02:29 AM
* Dave the drummer
* dj misjah
* Chris Liebing
* MArco Remus
* speedy j
* dj jerome

for jochem, u may be right, but i had read that he had come from a hip hop djing background. hence the name spee- dj, :lol:
might be just a story though.

g
13-08-2004, 02:44 AM
that's correct.

Sunil
13-08-2004, 03:43 AM

And this is why I love Sunil.
http://www.tgsrm.org/images/Gay%20Men.jpg

Why thanks, but what's with the two dudes? You trying to imply something?!

The Overfiend
13-08-2004, 04:05 AM
Not at all mate, feeling guilty? :lol:

DJMAYA
13-08-2004, 04:11 AM
geez, got some time on your hands or what!!

3 producers ive met that can really dj are:

Henry Cullen
Chris Liberator
Simon Coyle

and with all 3, i only truly understand their productions after seeing them mix in the flesh, and boy can they mix records.

even Chris playing Acid, i honestly had no idea what acid was about until i saw and heard him playing it.

but these guys are legends, and not every dj is a producer and vice versa.
i dont think they have to go together at all. keeps things interesting.

Komplex
13-08-2004, 04:19 AM
I haven't heard any of Simon Coyles music. Can you post any links to clips or names?

Sunil
13-08-2004, 04:19 AM
Not at all mate, feeling guilty? :lol:

well kind of, those guys deserve much better than me, I think you'd be just the man Sam ;)

jake
13-08-2004, 06:01 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:So1li4wB-QcJ:http://www.chez.com/crohee/euro2/big/002eb.jpg

green velvet
trevor rockliffe
charles siegling
dj rolando

andy james
13-08-2004, 06:52 AM
adam beyer
ben sims
cave
dj preach
cristian varela
valentino kanzayani
rino cerrone
marco carola

tioneb
13-08-2004, 07:26 AM
miro forgot to metion carl cox ... im no into his stuf but he will still remain a good dj for me (for all that he's done)..... but he also has the reputation of a really bad producer.

renato cohen ?? heard him playing the whole ben sims discography during 3 hours, with pontape in the middle. i dont call that a good dj.

teknorich
13-08-2004, 07:33 AM
I have to pick the obvious choice, I'm afraid. It's Hawtin all the way. Some incredible productions, both as single tracks and complete albums, and there is no doubt that the guy can mix. Absolute legend.

dirty_bass
13-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Here is the actual question from the 1st post in this thread.
Just to stop the endless lists of everybodies favourite DJ/Producers from turning into one of those "100 greatest" tv things on channel 4

Q: Why is it, so many producers (techno,house,trance..) are able to produce consistantly fantastic music but yet cannot get to grips with the concepts of being a great dj, even though they attempt it and fail? I have a concept and I think I know why this is/happens, but I'd rather read what other people think first...

davethedrummer
13-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Here is the actual question from the 1st post in this thread.
Just to stop the endless lists of everybodies favourite DJ/Producers from turning into one of those "100 greatest" tv things on channel 4

because djing is about entertaining people and being able to show skill and caracter by choosing records to play to a fussy audience in a very scary enviroment.

producing is about having coolo ideas in a studio while you sip you tea smoke a joint and discuss techno

they are not at all the same thing and anyone who thinks they are is completely misktaken.

however if a producer has already carved a carrer as a dj and has learnt to produce as an added bonus and just become good at it then this works well as added promotion etc.

also a producer can just as easily discover that they can mix fairly well.

but essentially the main thing is not whether you can mix but can you really stand up there , be better than the residents , choose your tunes well and mix confidently in front of what can be a nightmare of audience
that's the test of a dj i.mo. and theres not many people who can do that who DON'T produce let alone the small number who can do both.

and now a list of all my favourite producers:

Spark
13-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Grovskopa!

gary_human
13-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Back in the beginnig of the dance scene DJs were just DJ's and producers were just producers, now its all about what your name is. If you make good records that everyone likes youve got an instant demo CD to prospective bookers. Many DJs are booked on this 'name' thing and not a lot of them can mix or even own decks im sure?

Its a pity as good DJs dont get anywhere unless they make great tracks - ie. DJ Jerome - must of been THE number one techno DJ in London, but coz he doesnt make GREAT tracks (no offence I love em!) hes not up there where he should be with the Liebings and Mills of this world.

I am just a DJ, but feel I need to make tracks to get my 'name' out there or else continue to DJ at the long list of barbecues, wedding and free parties which ive played for more than 10 years.

Its all about being a BIG NAME now, when it all used to be about the DJ, now the producer has the upper hand and he controls the way the scene goes now. Fair play, Im just waiting for the emphasis to rest with the DJ again - hopefully when it comes full-circle and dance music is back in vogue in around 10 years when i'll be at my peak at 42!!!!!

Only a few have great skills at both, and i must say first time i heard Dave The Drummer DJ (instead of live set), when I used to play at the country club near Yeovil I had to take my hat off to him as he knew how to do both well.

Doesn't really answer the question, but at least I never put me top 10 in!!!! :lol:

By the way Ive seen peoples list of favorite DJs before and some of them have included people who dont play turntables!!!

dirty_bass
13-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Hooray, back on track.
Good answers from Henry and mr Swales.
:clap:

Just as an asside, book Swales if you are a promoter, the man is a proper DJ, he plays records really well, to a very high standard, and puts on a damn good performance. Henry don`t need props, cos we all know he does the Job.

massplanck
13-08-2004, 04:39 PM
uh. the only really really good dj & producer that I have heard playing lately is Mulero.

I like my vogel + tarrida stuff so you can proably guess why I cant name anymore. :crackup:

Buttman
13-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Luka Baumann.

dirty_bass
13-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh god, here we go, More lists of names for no reason.

Might as well join in then.

Fred Dibnah
Max Wall
Doogal
Susan Sarandon
Terry Gilliam
Barny Rubble
Jo Guest
Charlton and the Wheelies
Tommy Cooper
Jurgen Prochnow
Max Von Sydow
Charles Manson
Missus Tiggywinkle
Bob a Job
Ridley Scot
Berk from Trap Door
Peter Sellers
Dr Tooth
Sny Snootles
Red Adair
Audrey Hepburn
Homer Simpson
Katie Price
David sodding Beckham
and
Surgeon.

dan the acid man
13-08-2004, 07:26 PM
fred dibnah :lol: that man is class

Traxx
13-08-2004, 07:31 PM

sure he's got his own show on a sunday bout steam engines or somethin....

dan the acid man
13-08-2004, 08:09 PM

yeah, he used to be a steeple jack, and blow up buildings :lol:

Traxx
13-08-2004, 08:15 PM

yeah, he used to be a steeple jack, and blow up buildings :lol:

yeah i always remember i used to watch those shows of him blowing buildings up with me dad when i was a nipper.... memories eh :lol:

dirty_bass
13-08-2004, 08:20 PM
fred dibnah is the original king of techno

dan the acid man
13-08-2004, 08:24 PM
:lol: :lol:

Traxx
13-08-2004, 08:24 PM

no doubt ;)

Akkachar
13-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Jazzy Jeff

oldbugger
13-08-2004, 09:07 PM
i agree totally with whoever said Richie Hawtin. He tops both of these catorgaries IMO. also Trevor Rockliffe, James Ruskin, Deetron and Marco Carola spring to mind. all great dj's and producers.

BloodStar
13-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Redhead, Mark EG, Ben Sims..

MARKEG
14-08-2004, 06:08 AM
That Mark EG sucks

OK my three?

Joey Beltram
Jeff Mills
Dave Angel

keeps going really...

Oh god, there's so many more. I don't even know why I just posted that hahaha. :oops: :oops:

oldbugger
14-08-2004, 07:20 AM
joey beltram is an amazing producer.. you cant say hes a brilliand dj though...only average .just my opinion.
total respect for the guy though ;)

totally missed jeff mills though :oops:

MARKEG
14-08-2004, 07:54 AM
well he was when i used to see him at orbit and the whole crowd went nuts. i suppose my goal posts have changed since then :) but i havent heard him for at least 10 yrs.

Tiddlypeep
14-08-2004, 05:09 PM
MARIO PICOTTO
SCOOTER
TIDY BOYS

All wicked DJ's and can play a multitude of styles yeah?.

killarava2day
15-08-2004, 05:30 AM
I've probably been to at least 10 or sp parties who have hosted Hawtin, unfortunately I have never remembered any of his sets...which sorta annoyed me after a while, you know paying bucks to see someone and getting too off guts to remember anything other than arriving and waking up in some weird and foreign situation.

MARKEG
15-08-2004, 10:01 AM
MARIO PICOTTO
SCOOTER
TIDY BOYS

All wicked DJ's and can play a multitude of styles yeah?.

Look this is a techno forum. Can we please keep these sort of post out of here :lol: :lol:

killarava2day
15-08-2004, 11:02 AM
^^^ What's with Picotto, seems too be mentioned ALOT in these threads and I do not understand as to why?

MARKEG
15-08-2004, 11:24 AM
i was more thinking the other two :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==