PDA

View Full Version : Shola Ameobi called up to England Squad

Hakka
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
I know a lot of you will probably be confused by this but I'm not. Perhaps cause I'm a Newcastle fan you may believe I'm biased, but this lad has worked hard and has turned him self in a to a capable striker. He's tall, but strangely isn't really a target man. He's better with the ball at his feet, his game is to dribble through people and turn them and use his strength to hold people off. He's always been the amature player to get in a good position, turn but his touch has let him down or the shot not enough. No more. Last season (and the one before) showed that he was sorting this part of his game out. I imagine in training and less competative matches he was socring dozens but was not mature enough to play like this in the Premier League. His goal against Barcelona was a mark of what he was capable of, and for the best part of the last season he was showing more signs of maturing and being able to use his stength and skill to forge better shots on goal which have naturally became goals.

Really hope he does well and raises up to the England call challenge.

(so Mr Nugent, what do you have to say to this! hehe...)

Hakka

Esox Lucius
12-08-2004, 06:13 PM
got to be a better choice than heskey :lol:

Hakka
12-08-2004, 06:17 PM

haha... true!

Traxx
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM

well said :clap: :clap: :clap:

i hate Emile Heskey, he's beyond useless :dontevengothere:

+ are you saying he should be called up or is going to be?

Hakka
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM

well said :clap: :clap: :clap:

i hate Emile Heskey, he's beyond useless :dontevengothere:

+ are you saying he should be called up or is going to be?

He has been called up and Sven has said he will play!

piginabush
12-08-2004, 09:27 PM
what is the world coming to????

ameoba and heskey in the same squad..... are you telling me we havent got any better than these two useless spuds????

Hakka
12-08-2004, 09:54 PM

ameoba and heskey in the same squad..... are you telling me we havent got any better than these two useless spuds????

Hey! Give Ameobi a chance man!

lukekendall
13-08-2004, 09:48 AM

Ameobi is a good player

i would not but him befor Defoe or Smith for Sven to choose tho

subsonic
13-08-2004, 09:52 AM
i think its good to see some new players in the teams for the frendleys but i dont think he will be there come the world cup games ;)

Hakka
13-08-2004, 05:24 PM

Ameobi is a good player

I agree. I'm a big fan of Defoe think he probably should of gone to Portugal ahead of Vassell... harsh, but I think Defoe would of done better.

Smith? hmm... I think he has the talent but I'd wait until he's proven himself at Utd.

Ameobi... I hope you raise to the occasion!

piginabush
13-08-2004, 08:02 PM

Ameobi is a good player

I agree. I'm a big fan of Defoe think he probably should of gone to Portugal ahead of Vassell... harsh, but I think Defoe would of done better.

Smith? hmm... I think he has the talent but I'd wait until he's proven himself at Utd.

Ameobi... I hope you raise to the occasion!

To get the chance to play for England you should really have to prove yourself first..... what has Ameoba done in the last 6 months???? nowt, thats what.....

Defoe or Beattie deserve another chance waaaaay before that spud :nono:

Esox Lucius
13-08-2004, 08:07 PM
aye defoe would be be a better choice for the shit england team.

Traxx
13-08-2004, 08:08 PM
where are you all gettin this info from? i havent seen no England game news or team selection on the news or teletext, didnt even know we had a game :hmm:

zigojacko
13-08-2004, 10:57 PM
yeh, would be good to see Shola Ameobi have a good season and adapt a larger role in the england side...

has good potential... :)

Col
14-08-2004, 12:07 AM

Ameobi is a good player

smith has already proved his ability at leeds. i honestly believe if smith had being taken to portugal, england would have progressed further. anyway, now he wears a man utd shirt he will be a starter from now onwards.

Traxx
14-08-2004, 12:41 PM

Ameobi is a good player

smith has already proved his ability at leeds. i honestly believe if smith had being taken to portugal, england would have progressed further. anyway, now he wears a man utd shirt he will be a starter from now onwards.

cant see hime being astarter for England col not with owen & rooney ahead of him :nono:

piginabush
14-08-2004, 02:45 PM
oops forgot about rooney too..... makes ameobi's selection even harder to understand :doh:

Col
15-08-2004, 11:21 AM
was this a late april fools joke hakka? :lol: ameobi is not in the england sqaud.

Hakka
15-08-2004, 11:34 AM
was this a late april fools joke hakka? :lol: ameobi is not in the england sqaud.

Hmmm... could be just bad journalism from TeamTalk.Com...

apologies if he aint being picked, they said that Sven said he is starting against Ukraine up front!

I would say it is too early for him too, but I'm not going to not get behind simply cause he's been picked.

zigojacko
15-08-2004, 08:40 PM
hehe, nah he hasn't got a confirmed postion as such in the squad... but definately features in the plans and is certainly in the running as a choice for englands strike force...

piginabush
15-08-2004, 10:57 PM
lets all laugh and point at hakka :lol: :lol: :lol:

surely an england player should be at least playing regular football at their club before being picked for an england squad??? I would rather see a Div 1 (Coca Cola League whatever they call it now) striker who was banging them in regularly be called up than someone who was 4th choice striker at a premiership club warming the bench every week and getting the occasional League cup run out :nono:

Traxx
15-08-2004, 11:08 PM

surely an england player should be at least playing regular football at their club before being picked for an england squad??? I would rather see a Div 1 (Coca Cola League whatever they call it now) striker who was banging them in regularly be called up than someone who was 4th choice striker at a premiership club warming the bench every week and getting the occasional League cup run out :nono:

see your not a fan then :lol:

piginabush
15-08-2004, 11:25 PM

see your not a fan then :lol:

what makes you think that???? :roll:

Tiptoe
15-08-2004, 11:48 PM
nah he aint in the same class as defoe owen rooney or even smithy i don't think. Now smaithy has left us i bet he starts scoring cos he will get some chances for a change.

Esox Lucius
16-08-2004, 11:23 AM
ameobi is a strong player, and can be good at times.

278d7e64a374de26f==