PDA

View Full Version : Technics DZ1200 vs Pioneer CDJ1000mk2

yeswehavetheright
13-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Not sure if this has been done before but.....
If you're currently spinning vinyl only but want to incorporate CDs, which is gonna make the best investment out of these 2 babies?

I really like the spinning platter of the technics, but is that sufficient to warrant the purchase of a less established tool?
Cheers

messyfuture
13-08-2004, 01:02 PM
i've always used pioneers decks, but i got to have a go on the technics at sonar this year.

i think for dj's who have always used vinyl the technics would be easier to make the change to, cause they do feel really like vinyl.

but the pioneer for me are the cd deck of choice, imho.

yeswehavetheright
14-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Tried these 2 babies out side by side and I have to say that the Pioneer is definately the winner. It actually feels more like a technics analogue deck than the technics does, even though there's no spinning platter. There's definately been some quality time spent by pioneer getting the response of the jog wheel and top plate to be just so.

The technics on the otherhand feels like a cheap direct drive deck - you just can't nudge the platter forwards without it spinning up too fast - it just doesn't feel like a technics should feel. Sure you can ride the pitch without touching the platter, but I like to have options when doing pitch corrections. I think technics have let themselves down here a bit - surely they could have got the platter to feel better on this deck? As it stands it's a big dissapointment.

I have to say though that I don't scratch (and never will!) so I didn't bother trying. Neither did I spend much time messing with the looping functions on either machine - I just wanted to compare the feel.

278d7e64a374de26f==