PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what 'freeform' music is?

serox
13-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I am being schooled by som1 who mixes this music. He is letting me know that the music he mixes will be remembered for longer than tracks like Energy Flash, Jesus loves acid and Mentasm etc.

Freeform? Is this some new sub genre of hard house?

dirty_bass
13-08-2004, 05:14 PM
If it`s so memorable, why don`t you know what it is?
Why don`t I know what it is?
I think maybe, the man is talkin mouth poo

serox
13-08-2004, 05:17 PM
If it`s so memorable, why don`t you know what it is?
Why don`t I know what it is?
I think maybe, the man is talkin mouth poo

Maybe it is some new style of music he made up. Fvck knows. I think it is hard house or hard style anyway.

basslinejunkie
13-08-2004, 06:03 PM
ive heard a bit an basically its just updated happy hardcore/hard house/hard trance mash up :roll:

MangaFish
13-08-2004, 06:06 PM

its basically hardcore. sounds a bit like sped up hardtrance
used to be called trancecore but everyone thought that sounded stupid so they renamed it :lol: :roll:

yet more headonistic music for the attention retarded imo.

~cheeky~
13-08-2004, 07:02 PM
MangaFish is almost right althou i disagree with the last bit of his post.

slap for you boy :rambo: :lol:

could always download a mix to get a better idea ;)

http://www.nuenergy.co.uk/djmixes

Esox Lucius
13-08-2004, 08:12 PM
it gives you a head ache.

basslinejunkie
13-08-2004, 08:43 PM

thats if u can put up with it for more than 10 mins :lol:

Paul Zykotik
13-08-2004, 08:55 PM
It's more than sped-up trance. That's the reserve of normal hardcore these days. Freeform is a pretty broad genre - it can go from the slower trance led tracks, to hard ravey sounds, to the faster minimal stuff coming out of Finland atm, which is some of the best music I've heard in a while. I would be surprised if most people on here liked it though.

Tony
14-08-2004, 03:49 AM
sorry people, but you are all so totally wrong, in a potentially corrct kinda way. what you are describing is a word that has been applied by silly people to music that they cant describe because its such a bastardisation of too many genres.

freeform, across only a limited amount of genres, MAINLY JAZZ, is music that has an underlying time signature that all the musicians adhere to, but the music thay play over the top melts over the rhythmical structure yet conforms to the melodic patterns that are preset within the standard.
eg, they are counting the rhythm subliminally, and they are working off an established melodic pattern or a specific melodic direction through various notes. what it sounds like is a total mess of 'freeform' improvisation as each musician improvises around the notes, but instinctively counting the rhythm regardless of the barrage of sound. but at a specific given point they could all drop back into 'the hookline' for what is essentially 'the chorus' and prove that they are spot on in a musical structure sense.

to apply this to a 'hybrid of trance and hardcore and sped up hard house' is quite humourous. freeform implies freedom, but all these genres work within such definite preset and very limited pattern structures and rhythms that it doesnt even do the dictionary definition of the word justice.

dirty_bass
14-08-2004, 08:13 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry people, but you are all so totally wrong, in a potentially corrct kinda way. what you are describing is a word that has been applied by silly people to music that they cant describe because its such a bastardisation of too many genres.

freeform, across only a limited amount of genres, MAINLY JAZZ, is music that has an underlying time signature that all the musicians adhere to, but the music thay play over the top melts over the rhythmical structure yet conforms to the melodic patterns that are preset within the standard.
eg, they are counting the rhythm subliminally, and they are working off an established melodic pattern or a specific melodic direction through various notes. what it sounds like is a total mess of 'freeform' improvisation as each musician improvises around the notes, but instinctively counting the rhythm regardless of the barrage of sound. but at a specific given point they could all drop back into 'the hookline' for what is essentially 'the chorus' and prove that they are spot on in a musical structure sense.

to apply this to a 'hybrid of trance and hardcore and sped up hard house' is quite humourous. freeform implies freedom, but all these genres work within such definite preset and very limited pattern structures and rhythms that it doesnt even do the dictionary definition of the word justice

hahaha :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Comment of the week.

MARKEG
14-08-2004, 08:15 AM
that's poetry :clap: :clap: :clap:

jonnyspeed
14-08-2004, 10:44 AM

Made my neice shout no, no, no and start crying. And that says something the stuff I play. lol

jonnyspeed
14-08-2004, 10:52 AM
And freeform jazz is mostly best consumed on a large sofa with a few bottle of red and the lights off, imo.

I was going to say some elements of Tony's explanation but only knew that there was an underlying rythm that everybody just plays what they want to... kinda like 'Jamming'

Can (http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_BAND.asp?band_id=667) is a good example of freeform music. They just recorded months of stuff in their studio at Inner Space then edited the best bits into albums. Live versions just took key themes then just worked together to go on an unknown journey. I recommend anybody to get a copy of Cannibalism vol 1 and vol 2.

The Divide
14-08-2004, 11:32 AM

to apply this to a 'hybrid of trance and hardcore and sped up hard house' is quite humourous. freeform implies freedom, but all these genres work within such definite preset and very limited pattern structures and rhythms that it doesnt even do the dictionary definition of the word justice.

Quality university standard analysis :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quality analysis, university standard actually :clap: :clap:

The Divide
14-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Oppppps better go back to bed :oops:

serox
14-08-2004, 01:24 PM
so it is just shit then i take it?

i thought it was just a name that some kids had made up to sound cool. which i think, sounds about right.

serox
14-08-2004, 01:30 PM
maybe i am a bit harsh, so it is a mix of trance and hard house with some jazz then?

Does anyone mix it or can anyone point me in some classic 'freeform' records?

Tony
14-08-2004, 02:19 PM

:oops: :oops:
you might beleive me when i say booze and stress induced a reaction to hapless vicitim of a newly described music genre. whoops!!

still right though :lol:

~cheeky~
14-08-2004, 02:45 PM
well i listen to freeform lots and i still say its a mix of hardcore and speeded up trance so knickers to you lot.
if you dont believe me go to a night that plays it or ask some of the nu energy guys as they produce it.

the guy just wanted to know in simple terms what the style was like as his mate plays it,no need to take the piss imo just cause you dont like it.

disco diva
14-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Freeform, IMO is as cheeky says fast/hard trance & is wicked ;)

Tony
14-08-2004, 03:24 PM
who was taking the piss?? i was being catergoric.
of all the names they could come up with for a genre that one really diesnt fit, therefore opeing it up to further ridicule, especially when discussed on a techno board.

~cheeky~
14-08-2004, 03:55 PM
ok you have a point but he only wanted an explanation.

because of the peeps replys posts serox is now under the impression freeform is shit.
isnt that for him to decide?

im sorry but it does annoy me the way ppl post about styles they dont like.

jonnyspeed
14-08-2004, 06:03 PM
of all the names they could come up with for a genre that one really diesnt fit, therefore opeing it up to further ridicule, especially when discussed on a techno board.

please everybody listen to Tony. he is 100% right.

if trance/hard house has knicked the name to describe a fusion then its just cross-over and properly not the most appropriate use of the term.

Freeform is not pre-programmed so can not be trance, hard house etc. unless it it played completely played off the cuff based on nothing but an underlying rhythm. the nearest thing to freeform techno that I have heard is cannibal cooking club live because its live playing of hardware that goes all over the place in no predetermined manner but works because it fits to the underlying rhythm.

peace
:cool:

miss bass
14-08-2004, 06:34 PM

please everybody listen to Tony. he is 100% right.

if trance/hard house has knicked the name to describe a fusion then its just cross-over and properly not the most appropriate use of the term.

Freeform is not pre-programmed so can not be trance, hard house etc. unless it it played completely played off the cuff based on nothing but an underlying rhythm. the nearest thing to freeform techno that I have heard is cannibal cooking club live because its live playing of hardware that goes all over the place in no predetermined manner but works because it fits to the underlying rhythm.

peace

well personally im not a trancey / hard housey person so wont be listening to that 'genre' anyway.

Freeform is definately just like impro id say just from the word.

I love jazz. Amazing music. Want to be able to improvise like that on a piano. Dont know why i just enjoy tinkling away :)

Tony
14-08-2004, 09:02 PM
the nearest thing to freeform techno that I have heard is cannibal cooking club live because its live playing of hardware that goes all over the place in no predetermined manner but works because it fits to the underlying rhythm.

peace

totally agree, its such a bizarre genre. theres a lot of wonk which is just static midi arrangements, bit of pitch modulation, distortion and discordance. but then theres tracks which are clearly programmed, so you know there is a smpte/midi clock running underneath, but the actual patterns they've programmed are 1 never the same twice though contain the same samples and elements 2 are almost never in the obvious rhythmical places, 16ths 8ths etc, and then you think ooh, its gonna do that, and it doesnt!! so yeah it does almost become jazz.

boom, tiss, boom, tiss it aint!!!! :nono: :dontevengothere:

The Overfiend
15-08-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm with Tony 210% to be honest.
His explanation was the most intelligent by far.

Tony
15-08-2004, 05:09 AM
i apreciate this form of music can exist, and cheeky, by all means you rock your little sox off to it. but to hijack a word which does not lead the mind to the outcome seems crazy. hey, while we're here lets call it IDM.
!?!?!?!?!?!?
it just doesnt fit! :neutral: :?: :neutral: :?: :neutral:
even calling the wonk that is cannibal cooking crew 'freeform' would sit uneasy for me. it could be rationalised so, but its still, hmmm, i dont know, just NOT THERE.

jonnyspeed
15-08-2004, 10:06 AM
..was meaning only the live stuff, tony. I agree the records are weard but not freeform.

peace :cool:

jonnyspeed
15-08-2004, 10:08 AM
hmmm. jazz. nice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1997/gallery/640/jazznice.jpg

Tony
15-08-2004, 02:09 PM
groovy!!!

and yeah, fear not, we're all still in agreement.

Cat
15-08-2004, 10:05 PM
I play a lot of Freeform, and freeform is what it's called. I don't know why it's called that, because as Tony pointed out, freeform is (also) a form of improvised music that fits no particular 'form'!

Freeform (the stuff we are talking about here) is what you might describe as fast hard trance. It has long breakdowns (probably to recover from the mania of the body of the tune!) and is best taken with a large dose of 303's!! (IMO)

It is to hard trance what Happy Hardcore is to hard house, although freeform came after hard trance. It's rising in popularity, especially productions from E-NRG, Kev Energy, Carbon-Based, Lost Soul, K Complex and Mark Ashley.

If you'd like to check out what it's all about feel free to download this:

http://mixes.catjane.co.uk/Cat.mp3

oldbugger
15-08-2004, 10:06 PM
long breakdowns....how annoying :doh:

jonnyspeed
15-08-2004, 10:48 PM
prefer my breaks to be between 2 to 8 bars myself and lots of mash-up rhythms all the way through

zigojacko
16-08-2004, 12:38 AM

:lol:

The Overfiend
16-08-2004, 02:30 AM
http://img4.exs.cx/img4/5060/DSCF2061.jpg

Tony said it best. I swear sometimes people type just to say something useless. As far as I'm concerned for the serious musical individuals, Tony Still said it best.

serox
16-08-2004, 09:48 AM
i dont really like to bring in msg's from other forums but this one really made me laugh. coming from the guy who was teaching me on this new genre of music like it was going to change the world.

by sinc
Hahahahahah - The majority of posters on BOA are punters, with the occasion producer thrown in. The main producers on the site are Mark EG, Jon the Baptist and Iain Cross.

Compare that to Jon Doe, Billy Bunter, David Craig, Mark Tyler, Chris C, and if you choose to include Guyver and Karim then you can see that BT has the broadest terms of coverage when it comes to genre.

Serox, you are talking out of your arse! :nono:

Sincs
16-08-2004, 10:32 AM
I am being schooled by som1 who mixes this music. He is letting me know that the music he mixes will be remembered for longer than tracks like Energy Flash, Jesus loves acid and Mentasm etc.

I NEVER SAID THAT YOU TWAT!

Jesus talk about twsting words!

What my point was/is that the sound of hoovers is now unoriginal, and on the very rare occasion does a producer do something inventive with this sound, which if used right, cant be awesome!

Acid is the same, it is an old sound (hense unoriginal), but producers are using it in many different ways.. Bass lines, melodies, percussion, stabs etc etc.

As for the old "rave era" classics, these will be around for a long time to come, but there are always new tunes being made in all genres being made, and a certain percentage (no matter how small) WILL become classics, and remembered for a long time.. 9 bar for instance!

As for freeform being associated with JAZZ. WTF?? Let me guess, you have never listened to it?

Thats like saying Techno is associated with the bloody wurzels.

Mark, I know you like to keep this forum happy, (and in someways this actually works against the forum) but this has to be said. I will not have my name dragged through shit just because someone is upset because he feels I am "educating" him.

So Serox, if you are man enough, take this on the chin, because you really (and from the looks of it, most of the people who have replied to this thread) haven't got a clue. You even had a go against Hardstyle, both times it is apparent that you don't listen to the music, so how can you have a strong enough viewpoint to comment on it?

GROW UP!

TechnoRaver
16-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeh this genre is probably labelled wrong, but its got more potential than any dance music genre at the moment.
freefrom isnt just sped up hard trance, youve got quite a few tracks which come very close to hardcore techno.
To be honest uf you can find techno interesting you must be able to find something you like in freeform.

Tony
16-08-2004, 12:30 PM
well, i cant really comment anymore cos i'm just a punter, and due to the fact that noone else on here is a producer except mark and a few others, and none of us know anything about anything, we really dont have any opinion at all.................................

:!:

what a loser!!!

did you read any of the messages above??

sorry to technoraver, as you seem to have your heart in the right place, this next comment might seem aimed at you, but its to highlight to comedy know it all man.
understand that you're dealing with a tiny weeny microcosm of music that will make as much of a dent on the musical world as a bug makes to the window of an articulated lorry, whatever you choose to call it, and however misappropriated the word is.

yes, i have never listened to this new oxymoron of a dance music called 'freeform' because even your descriptions contain styles of music that i am not interested in at all.

The Divide
16-08-2004, 01:14 PM
[quote="Sincs"
As for freeform being associated with JAZZ. WTF?? Let me guess, you have never listened to it?[/quote]

He wasn’t associating them. If you read what’s been said you’ll find that he was saying that Free form Jazz is justified under the name ‘freeform’. Free form is a name given to a style of music which is simply lots of other styles crossed over such as Trance, Gabber, etc. In a way which you cant pin it down to specific style or sound. Thus meaning that this style is hardly free as it’s still restricted within the limitations of those genres. Which when you think about it, it’s right.

Someone also pointed out that that cannibal cooking club would be more justified under the term ‘freeform’ as its not restricted to repetitive riffs, 4 x 4 kicks and any certain melodic or harmonic chord progressions. Again this makes perfect sense to me.

It was a comparison not an association and a good one at that.

TechnoRaver
16-08-2004, 02:03 PM
yes, i have never listened to this new oxymoron of a dance music called 'freeform' because even your descriptions contain styles of music that i am not interested in at all.

But i think you should still give it ago, open your ears, i bet u could find stuff you liked.

Someone wanted some examples of classic freeform

http://audio.nuenergy.co.uk/samples/nunrg017-a.rm

http://audio.nuenergy.co.uk/samples/nunrg033-a.rm

http://audio.nuenergy.co.uk/samples/bkr004-a.rm

Sincs
16-08-2004, 02:50 PM
well, i cant really comment anymore cos i'm just a punter, and due to the fact that noone else on here is a producer except mark and a few others, and none of us know anything about anything, we really dont have any opinion at all.................................

what a loser!!!
quote]
OK, if you want to go down that route, I ASSUMED that Serox was talking about large scale producers, (if you are one then fair enough, but I dont know who you are), if that is a case, then I am sure there are a hell of a lot more Producers on BT than there is on here anyway.

[quote]did you read any of the messages above??
NO! My sole aim was to reply to the bullshit that Serox has put up about me.

understand that you're dealing with a tiny weeny microcosm of music that will make as much of a dent on the musical world as a bug makes to the window of an articulated lorry, whatever you choose to call it, and however misappropriated the word is.
Thanks to the misguided prick that is Serox, people have got the wrong end of what I was saying. All I said is that Freeform is the fastest growing genre in the way of popularity, simply for one reason and one reason only - it's fairnly new.
NEVER ONCE have I said that this genre will make a huge impact on the music industry - NOR WILL I EVER DO SO!

Tell me when I have posted up my "discriptions" of this genre?!?!?!

IT IS BECAUSE OF SHIT LIKE THIS I LEFT. PEOPLE NOT READING POSTS, BUT INSTEAD READING SNIPPETS OF WHAT HAS BEEN TYPED AND THEN ASSUMING THE REST!

This board hasn't changed at all!

schlongfingers
16-08-2004, 03:05 PM
I've invented a new genre called 'Footstompin', my friend Brian (a producer) loves it too and therefore this genre is GROWING AT THE RATE OF 100% PER HOUR!!!

Freeform is now officially no longer the fastest growing subgenregenre

Freeform is dead, long live the Footstompin!!

Sincs
16-08-2004, 03:09 PM
:roll:

Cat
16-08-2004, 03:19 PM

I don't understand how you can intelligently comment on something that you haven't listened to, and something that you have never heard of, sorry.

Why not give it a listen yourself, then your comments may carry more weight :)

I reckon that ppl who are into a limited range of genres (not that there is anything wrong with that) are not exposed to other, equally important ones. I mean, Hardstyle here on Blackout is recognised, but I wouldn't say that in general it is any more popular than freeform ... it's just what you are exposed to or choose to listen to etc.

And before you say anything, I feel qualified to comment given that I play a wide range of genres, including hardstyle, freeform and techno, amongst others :)

~cheeky~
16-08-2004, 03:32 PM
im disappointed by the attutide of some ppl in this thread.

maybe im just getting old but i believe in respecting other styles of music even if your not into them.

wish i had never read this thread cause obvisouly if you dont agree with what certain members have posted your wrong.
i had no idea techno heads knew everything there was to know about music.
i dont like being patronised either and tony i will dance my "little sox off" to whatever i like thank you ;)

cat i agree with everything you've said however i have the feeling your wasting your breath.

Cat
16-08-2004, 03:52 PM
cat i agree with everything you've said however i have the feeling your wasting your breath.
Cheers for the support mate :) Yeah - I guess some ppl's minds are made up and they're not up for listening to anything anyone says. Serox asked the question then dismissed the answer! WTF? It's like not knowing what an igloo is, and asking an eskimo, and when they reply 'a dwelling made of ice' only to say 'no it's not! it doesn't exist! it's a house!' *awaits discussion on whether or not an igloo is a house, or indeed if a bungalow should be classified as such*

Genres can be overdone, but if everybody understands what is meant by a specific genre does it really matter? It is a useful tool to describe certain different kinds of music, saves a lot of breath/time/typing. And if someone asks what is understood by a particular genre and they get an answer, surely all they need to do is go 'ok, thanks for that, I'll know what ppl are talking about next time they mention freeform'

serox
16-08-2004, 04:00 PM

I NEVER SAID THAT YOU TWAT!

Jesus talk about twsting words!

What my point was/is that the sound of hoovers is now unoriginal, and on the very rare occasion does a producer do something inventive with this sound, which if used right, cant be awesome!

Acid is the same, it is an old sound (hense unoriginal), but producers are using it in many different ways.. Bass lines, melodies, percussion, stabs etc etc.

As for the old "rave era" classics, these will be around for a long time to come, but there are always new tunes being made in all genres being made, and a certain percentage (no matter how small) WILL become classics, and remembered for a long time.. 9 bar for instance!

As for freeform being associated with JAZZ. WTF?? Let me guess, you have never listened to it?

Thats like saying Techno is associated with the bloody wurzels.

Mark, I know you like to keep this forum happy, (and in someways this actually works against the forum) but this has to be said. I will not have my name dragged through shit just because someone is upset because he feels I am "educating" him.

So Serox, if you are man enough, take this on the chin, because you really (and from the looks of it, most of the people who have replied to this thread) haven't got a clue. You even had a go against Hardstyle, both times it is apparent that you don't listen to the music, so how can you have a strong enough viewpoint to comment on it?

GROW UP!

ok cool. i will take this on the chin sir. Lets just agree to disagree cos i really cannot talk to about this with you anymore. we both think the other is talking shit or what ever. I asked some of the people here what they though freeform was, maybe most of them are wrong :?:

Are there any producers on this forum who make freeform? Can some one link us all to some MP3's which are freeform?

Sincs
16-08-2004, 04:04 PM
[quote="Sincs"][quote]Are there any producers on this forum who make freeform? Can some one link us all to some MP3's which are freeform?

Simple, go to www.nuenergy.co.uk and click on Hardcore/Freeform

serox
16-08-2004, 04:05 PM
Yeh this genre is probably labelled wrong, but its got more potential than any dance music genre at the moment.
freefrom isnt just sped up hard trance, youve got quite a few tracks which come very close to hardcore techno.
To be honest uf you can find techno interesting you must be able to find something you like in freeform.

ok, i am really getting confused here now.

I have asked if som1 could post some MP3's to some freeform records so we can hear them.

I have heard some freeform sets and i would not call it any thing like hardcore techno! The kick drum is nothing like hardcore techno. Hardcore techno does not have long build ups. Hardcore techno are people like manu le marlin, acardipane, horrorist, miro. They also make gabber.

Sincs
16-08-2004, 04:07 PM
Dunno what they have done to the site, but the random stuff starts at page 3. I wouldn't really say the first couple of pages give a good overview of Freeform.

Especially listen to stuff on Nu Energy, Relentless, CLSM, Raw Elements, Blizzard Trax

TechnoRaver
16-08-2004, 04:08 PM
check out tunes on uprising, bonkers, digi beats and you will see what i mean, and only said "some come close....."

The Overfiend
16-08-2004, 04:09 PM

Cat
[quote=Sincs][quote]Are there any producers on this forum who make freeform? Can some one link us all to some MP3's which are freeform?

I gave a link earlier in this thread to my freeform mix.... Guess you didn't read my post.

serox

But i think you should still give it ago, open your ears, i bet u could find stuff you liked.

Someone wanted some examples of classic freeform

http://audio.nuenergy.co.uk/samples/nunrg017-a.rm

http://audio.nuenergy.co.uk/samples/nunrg033-a.rm

http://audio.nuenergy.co.uk/samples/bkr004-a.rm

ok, are people really trying to sell me that this horrible music is like Hardcore Techno? there is nothing hardcore about it, there is nothing techno about it?

That music sounded like nurg (like the name said) with some cheesy riffs :(

Sincs
16-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Umm, I dont think ANYONE said it was like hardcore techno.

Hardcore yes, but not techno

The Overfiend
16-08-2004, 04:12 PM
What does any of this have to do with Techno?

~cheeky~
16-08-2004, 04:16 PM
[quote=Sincs][quote]Are there any producers on this forum who make freeform? Can some one link us all to some MP3's which are freeform?

i posted that link on page bloody one.

tell you what i think

http://www.harderfaster.net/images/uploads/thumb_381ba92b1090fbb2dff041592b8cae2c.jpg

big mistake asking the question in boa in the first place imo :doh:

serox
16-08-2004, 04:17 PM

what a loser!!!
quote]
OK, if you want to go down that route, I ASSUMED that Serox was talking about large scale producers, (if you are one then fair enough, but I dont know who you are), if that is a case, then I am sure there are a hell of a lot more Producers on BT than there is on here anyway.

[quote]did you read any of the messages above??
NO! My sole aim was to reply to the bullshit that Serox has put up about me.

Thanks to the misguided prick that is Serox, people have got the wrong end of what I was saying. All I said is that Freeform is the fastest growing genre in the way of popularity, simply for one reason and one reason only - it's fairnly new.
NEVER ONCE have I said that this genre will make a huge impact on the music industry - NOR WILL I EVER DO SO!

Tell me when I have posted up my "discriptions" of this genre?!?!?!

IT IS BECAUSE OF SHIT LIKE THIS I LEFT. PEOPLE NOT READING POSTS, BUT INSTEAD READING SNIPPETS OF WHAT HAS BEEN TYPED AND THEN ASSUMING THE REST!

This board hasn't changed at all!

i posted my previous post b4 reading this one. Damn u really are excited arnt you? I cannot rem what was said now as my comments have all been removed from the BT forum. You was asking me to try and name 10 records that have made a impact on dance music, like there isnt any??

I was trying to say how this freeform music has not made a impact on the dance scene or has done any thing for it at this time. I also said i could not say i have heard of any freeform producers that have really made any change (good or bad) for dance music either.

There is no need to get personal and call me names and thee is no need to say how good the BT website is compared to hear. I dont think (maybe i am wrong) there are more artists who visit/post on the BT forum that have done some thing positive for dance music in some way, compared to here tho.

DJsmallpaul
16-08-2004, 04:22 PM

Well just to add a comment i think freeform is certainly diverse like techno but i agree it's posted in the wrong topic.

serox
16-08-2004, 04:23 PM

I gave a link earlier in this thread to my freeform mix.... Guess you didn't read my post.

i dont want sets, i wanted to hear some freeform tracks that show what it is all about.

Sincs
16-08-2004, 04:25 PM
i posted my previous post b4 reading this one. Damn u really are excited arnt you? I cannot rem what was said now as my comments have all been removed from the BT forum. You was asking me to try and name 10 records that have made a impact on dance music, like there isnt any??

I was trying to say how this freeform music has not made a impact on the dance scene or has done any thing for it at this time. I also said i could not say i have heard of any freeform producers that have really made any change (good or bad) for dance music either.

There is no need to get personal and call me names and thee is no need to say how good the BT website is compared to hear. I dont think (maybe i am wrong) there are more artists who visit/post on the BT forum that have done some thing positive for dance music in some way, compared to here tho.

Firstly, I never asked you to name 10 tunes. I know there are a hell of a lot of damn fine tunes from the late 80's and early 90's that have helped to develop where dance music is today. This has never been in question. As for freeform producers that have not made an impact, again I shall say two names! JON DOE & BILLY BUNTER! So stop with that point because it is invalid!

As for people on BT who have had a positive infulence on the dance industry, I could go on forever. All I will say is BOA has its share of mainly techno and hard trance (a few hardstyle ones too), where as BT has its share of Hard Trance, Freeform, Hard House, NRG, and techno producers.

As for your comments on BT being deleted - they are still there!

And as for me getting excited, when some arsehole starts to bad mouth me when they are incapable of reading things in context and making me look like an idiot, then I tend to take an exception.

Anyway, as you comment about people telling you freeform sounds like hardcore techno, that sums up you inability to read things in context, or read full stop.

You have proved you are talking out of your arse and as a result I am not going to bother replying on this thread again.

All that is left for me to say is that this thread has highlighted to me the reason why I left in the first place!

DJsmallpaul
16-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Man some of your attitudes on here STINK :nono:

serox
16-08-2004, 04:27 PM

well after hearing some of the tracks on the website above i see i have clearly posted the question on the wrong forum. I thought i could ask the people here who i see commenting on things that i know about. I thought they could maybe explain to me what the music is ike in terms i could understand in the same way.

I still do not understand tho why this music has been called freeform, it has nothing original in it at all that makes it different.

DJsmallpaul
16-08-2004, 04:27 PM
What happened to respecting other peoples opinions and music taste ? :neutral:

neko
16-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Man some of your attitudes on here STINK :nono:

well said :clap:

serox and sincs, chill out the pair of you

DJsmallpaul
16-08-2004, 04:30 PM

well after hearing some of the tracks on the website above i see i have clearly posted the question on the wrong forum. I thought i could ask the people here who i see commenting on things that i know about. I thought they could maybe explain to me what the music is ike in terms i could understand in the same way.

I still do not understand tho why this music has been called freeform, it has nothing original in it at all that makes it different.

TBH i don't think the names important, you could call it fluffymuff, but it would still be that genre.

serox
16-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Firstly, I never asked you to name 10 tunes. I know there are a hell of a lot of damn fine tunes from the late 80's and early 90's that have helped to develop where dance music is today. This has never been in question. As for freeform producers that have not made an impact, again I shall say two names! JON DOE & BILLY BUNTER! So stop with that point because it is invalid!

As for people on BT who have had a positive infulence on the dance industry, I could go on forever. All I will say is BOA has its share of mainly techno and hard trance (a few hardstyle ones too), where as BT has its share of Hard Trance, Freeform, Hard House, NRG, and techno producers.

As for your comments on BT being deleted - they are still there!

And as for me getting excited, when some arsehole starts to bad mouth me when they are incapable of reading things in context and making me look like an idiot, then I tend to take an exception.

Anyway, as you comment about people telling you freeform sounds like hardcore techno, that sums up you inability to read things in context, or read full stop.

You have proved you are talking out of your arse and as a result I am not going to bother replying on this thread again.

All that is left for me to say is that this thread has highlighted to me the reason why I left in the first place!

how can you say i have no read this i have no idea.

I did a quote on the person who said it has some hardcore techno within freeform (or how ever they worded it).

I did not bad mouth you, i think you did that ur self.

serox
16-08-2004, 04:39 PM
post above should be only

"how can you say i have no read this i have no idea.

I did a quote on the person who said it has some hardcore techno within freeform (or how ever they worded it).

I did not bad mouth you, i think you did that ur self."[/b]

serox
16-08-2004, 04:41 PM
post above should be only

"how can you say i have no read this i have no idea.

I did not bad mouth you, i think you did that ur self."[/b]

Tony
16-08-2004, 08:39 PM

I don't understand how you can intelligently comment on something that you haven't listened to, and something that you have never heard of, sorry.

Why not give it a listen yourself, then your comments may carry more weight :)

I reckon that ppl who are into a limited range of genres (not that there is anything wrong with that) are not exposed to other, equally important ones. I mean, Hardstyle here on Blackout is recognised, but I wouldn't say that in general it is any more popular than freeform ... it's just what you are exposed to or choose to listen to etc.

And before you say anything, I feel qualified to comment given that I play a wide range of genres, including hardstyle, freeform and techno, amongst others :)

yep, you are fully qualified as you are into those genres. but i am also aware of the genres which several people have used as descriptive terms of the ingredients and influences that go to make up this genre. with those influences and descriptions firmly established i can already fully understand what the resulting music will sound like and have no desire to listen to it whatsoever. i can intelligently comment on it because i have sold dance music to the public and around the world for around 6years now and dealt with the influences/ingredients of your genre for a few of those years. its when small niches of music like this crop up, and people huddle around an even smaller painted corner, it makes me chuckle.
it just shouldnt be called freeform for simple and obvious reasons. fluffy muff might be a better term in the long run.

cheeky, that was subjective patronising, i was only wishing you well, as i would with anyone who wants to like whatever music they want to.

jonnyspeed
16-08-2004, 10:03 PM
it has nothing original in it at all that makes it different.

my thoughts exactly.

TechnoRaver
16-08-2004, 10:46 PM
it has nothing original in it at all that makes it different.

my thoughts exactly.

not true really issit :roll:

if youd heard anything on bonkers, uprising, digital beats you would know theres nothing about that sounds like that n e where

The Overfiend
16-08-2004, 11:31 PM
This topic is out of hand and does not belong on this forum regardless.
As for people disrespecting genres, GROW UP.
It's getting Locked. I'm leaving it up for a day so you can all see this then it's getting deleted. READ THE RULES.
And for my friend with the negative view of Blackout... You don't have to be here.

278d7e64a374de26f==