PDA

View Full Version : Women shouldnt be djs

miss bass
14-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Name: adolph hitler
comments: miss bass i would shag you up the bum but women shouldnt be djs.
Saturday, August 14th 2004 - 04:15:52

(from the guest book on mysite ;) )

Well at least someone wants to shag me up the arse ;)

Tiptoe
14-08-2004, 05:01 PM
:shock:

Tiddlypeep
14-08-2004, 05:01 PM
I do too ;)

Miromiric
14-08-2004, 05:06 PM

jesus, jesus christ!

miss bass
14-08-2004, 05:08 PM
lol joking about the arse thing, not trying to say i want it ... :oops:

moving on.......... :)

Miromiric
14-08-2004, 05:16 PM

moving on 8========D (==O

sure...

dan the acid man
14-08-2004, 05:27 PM

moving on.......... :)

:lol: :lol:

miss bass
14-08-2004, 05:33 PM
so back to the topic.....

jonnyspeed
14-08-2004, 05:49 PM
lovely image. thanks ;)

people like this are just jikers you should ignore - especially if they come as anonymous comment off t'internet.

I think you are one of the more mature people and this board and I really wish you all the best. rave on, lady!

miss bass
14-08-2004, 06:23 PM
lovely image. thanks ;)

people like this are just jikers you should ignore - especially if they come as anonymous comment off t'internet.

I think you are one of the more mature people and this board and I really wish you all the best. rave on, lady!

why thanks jonny, the thing is, comments like that drive me to prove people wrong, and I WILL.

You need cmments like that to help that burning desire to achieve .

I want to (eventually) be known for making good productions, helping to push music in some way. I dont want to make shit, and i am busy working on it too!!!!
Im happy to be known for playing music that i feel passionate about.
(i dont want to be a female judge jules- premadonna style either)

Just love music and thats all i care about.
Ok now im sounding sad :) hehe

Tiptoe
14-08-2004, 06:27 PM
nothing wrong with loving what you do! You should just go for it ;)

Miromiric
14-08-2004, 06:36 PM

yeah, nothing wrong with loving getting....

miss bass
14-08-2004, 06:39 PM

yeah, nothing wrong with loving getting....

:dontevengothere:

:lol: nah loving is natural in all fairness

The Divide
14-08-2004, 06:40 PM
lovely image. thanks ;)

why thanks jonny, the thing is, comments like that drive me to prove people wrong, and I WILL.

You need cmments like that to help that burning desire to achieve .

I want to (eventually) be known for making good productions, helping to push music in some way. I dont want to make shit, and i am busy working on it too!!!!
Im happy to be known for playing music that i feel passionate about.
(i dont want to be a female judge jules- premadonna style either)

Just love music and thats all i care about.
Ok now im sounding sad :) hehe

Respect to you :clap:

Tiptoe
14-08-2004, 06:40 PM
lol you can't beat a bit of good loving ;)

dan the acid man
14-08-2004, 07:12 PM

that's what i need, any offer's :eh: :lol:

i suppose iv'e got my music :cool:

Tiptoe
14-08-2004, 07:13 PM

that's what i need, any offer's :eh: :lol:

i suppose iv'e got my music :cool:

sorry dan your not my type ;)

Tony
14-08-2004, 08:54 PM
well said adolph, women should be at home cooking and cleaning and putting on make up and stroking kittens.

if you have things like webistes with guest pages and put your msn details on public forums in such a male dominated envirment as techno then you will encounter such opinions, and potentially worse.

put it this way, for all the negative opinions you've received, i would estimate that you will find it dramatically easier to implement a career regardless of talent for the exact reason that these realms are male dominated. its paradoxical but glaringly true.

birds should be hard house djs , ooooooh :nono:

miss bass
14-08-2004, 09:56 PM
well said adolph, women should be at home cooking and cleaning and putting on make up and stroking kittens.

if you have things like webistes with guest pages and put your msn details on public forums in such a male dominated envirment as techno then you will encounter such opinions, and potentially worse.

put it this way, for all the negative opinions you've received, i would estimate that you will find it dramatically easier to implement a career regardless of talent for the exact reason that these realms are male dominated. its paradoxical but glaringly true.

birds should be hard house djs , ooooooh :nono:

I dont mind negative opinions, im not perfect, infact far from it, i have a lot to learn, i expet constructive critisism too as we all learn and like to improve on things. BUT no need for someone to make such a generalisation.

At the end of the day there are actually a lot of SHIT males.
There are also GOOD females.

Whatever the genderm who ever wants to play / listen to music they feel passionate about, fair enough, dont see the problem whether male or female.

Females like even Lottie dj- wise, funky house, not my thing, but shes passionate about her music she plays, she mixes smoothe.

even more so... Paula temple doing live pa's etc. There are females out there who do really feel passionate about music and want to push things forward.

Also magda / nikka 77 etc etc etc list go's on

Dustin Zahn
14-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Women DJs...no that's not a stupid idea! I like that idea, and I will support it! There's enough tall bald male techno DJs out there for the time being. :)

dan the acid man
14-08-2004, 11:57 PM
the only thing that matter's is can you mix, and do you play good records in the right order

Adverse
15-08-2004, 12:00 AM

10 dollars i know who wrote that.

DJMAYA
15-08-2004, 12:06 AM
whoever makes such stupid comments about which sex should be on the dex and which shouldnt,

bring em over to my house and il shoot em in the arse! idiots! :rambo:

Jimfish
15-08-2004, 12:16 AM
ill shag you up the arse adverse :rambo:

The Overfiend
15-08-2004, 12:18 AM
the only thing that matter's is can you mix, and do you play good records in the right order

Oi to that.

Jimfish
15-08-2004, 12:19 AM
****.. did i say that out loud???!!

was that a quote adverse??!!

shit...

oh **** it, im not fussy, the offer still applies.. PM me bigboy ;)

dan the acid man
15-08-2004, 04:47 AM
:lol: :lol:

Tony
15-08-2004, 05:02 AM
I dont mind negative opinions, im not perfect, infact far from it, i have a lot to learn, i expet constructive critisism too as we all learn and like to improve on things. BUT no need for someone to make such a generalisation.

Whatever the genderm who ever wants to play / listen to music they feel passionate about, fair enough, dont see the problem whether male or female.

Females like even Lottie dj- wise, funky house, not my thing, but shes passionate about her music she plays, she mixes smoothe.

even more so... Paula temple doing live pa's etc. There are females out there who do really feel passionate about music and want to push things forward.

hey, we know you've got a broader mind than the 'hard house bird' stereotypes i joshed about, and clearly anal sex is in your physical vocabulary so you're more broad minded than i thought.

jonnyspeed
15-08-2004, 10:17 AM
hmmm... girls bums. they rock.

miss bass
15-08-2004, 01:04 PM

hey, we know you've got a broader mind than the 'hard house bird' stereotypes i joshed about, and clearly anal sex is in your physical vocabulary so you're more broad minded than i thought.

:oops: i so set myslef up didnt i :oops:

basslinejunkie
15-08-2004, 01:14 PM
hmmm... girls bums. they rock.

2 rite,a sexy ass over massive jugs any day :lol:

it shouldnt/doesnt matter if your male or female,as long as you mix well an play good music :)

Tiptoe
15-08-2004, 01:17 PM
yeah man a sexy ass and a nice pair of legs :love:
oh and back on topic who cares if ya male or female if ya good ya good if ya shit ya shit!

romelpotter
15-08-2004, 08:15 PM
if your a dj, and your good then it doesnt matter to most poeple if your male/female. but to some muppets that just get a kick out of genrally being a tit, it gives them an oppertunity to prove how much of a nob they rearlly are. the art of putting rounded peices of plastic on some spinning metal disks and whalloping them though an amp and some speakers is not something that on a genetic level men can do better thatn ladies ....... where as driving a car however ...... :roll: :lol: ;) hehehe

TripleX
15-08-2004, 10:50 PM
don´t listen to people who can´t even spell adolf ;) :lol:

zigojacko
16-08-2004, 12:33 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tioneb
16-08-2004, 07:27 AM

well ... she knows mika & luka

Ian
16-08-2004, 09:43 AM
you totally need more hot pictures of yourself on your site ; )

massplanck
16-08-2004, 02:06 PM
Does anyone else who has read this thread think that the usual stereotypical replies imply that there is **** all hope for women in techno?

miss bass
16-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Does anyone else who has read this thread think that the usual stereotypical replies imply that there is **** all hope for women in techno?

il make sure theres hope ;) Infact dont need hope, when theres a will theres a way .....

massplanck
16-08-2004, 02:15 PM

il make sure theres hope ;) Infact dont need hope, when theres a will theres a way .....

Whatever. Show me your tits.

miss bass
16-08-2004, 02:18 PM

Whatever. Show me your tits.

subsonic
16-08-2004, 02:26 PM
all jokes a side missbass is a good dj and at only 17/18 she has got a good future ahead of her as long as the promoters give her a break as for many of the dj's on here so i think a woman dj is more sellable the a man
i.e you would be more incline to go and see missbass rather than craig moore get what im saying :shock:

massplanck
16-08-2004, 02:29 PM

Silly isnt it. Talking about how women dont get a break in techno or whatever and half the posts are about tits/ass & legs.

miss bass
16-08-2004, 02:31 PM
all jokes a side missbass is a good dj and at only 17/18 she has got a good future ahead of her as long as the promoters give her a break as for many of the dj's on here so i think a woman dj is more sellable the a man
i.e you would be more incline to go and see missbass rather than craig moore get what im saying :shock:

yes but id rather ppl go, lets see her for her taste in music at least.
Wish i was am man lol. JOKE. Gona start wearing a bag over my head and an all in one bin liner suit or something. I dont dress slaggy though do i when i go out, i dont want people thinking i just want to look good, well i want to look good obviously but show thats not what im about.

Right saturday night, no make up, smelly breath, and smell clothes. ;)

Nah cant see that happening

simot
16-08-2004, 02:39 PM

Silly isnt it. Talking about how women dont get a break in techno or whatever and half the posts are about tits/ass & legs.

totally agree with you, was surprised to be honest. i would have expected (naively?) a bit more from people in our "scene", but there you go.

massplanck
16-08-2004, 02:45 PM
totally agree with you, was surprised to be honest. i would have expected (naively?) a bit more from people in our "scene", but there you go.

So was I. Anyone who made a sexist comment obviously likes their ass/tits more than their decks.

miss bass
16-08-2004, 02:50 PM

So was I. Anyone who made a sexist comment obviously likes their ass/tits more than their decks.

wouldnt that mean that women made the sexist comment? if the like their' tits n ass' before decks.

Therefore im a little confused as to what woman made a sexist comment?

At the end of the day, apart from the music, decks etc are too expensive to want to do half - heartidly, and i got to say, i worked my ass of for my decks so .........

massplanck
16-08-2004, 02:55 PM

Actually there were **** all bad comments just a complete lack of discussion on the subject as opposed to the usual 'oh it shouldent matter whether you are a girl or boy just as long as you play good music' answer.

I feel that Women dont dj because unlike men they dont feel the need to be in total control all of the time & to be honest techno is generally agressive by nature which is why the 'Hoes' (generally) dont identify with it. In my experience 80% of techno 'bitches' dont really like techno but just like techno boys. Next time you score with a 'wench' at a techno gig rifle through her CD collection.

I know **** all decent women producers/djs. And dont spiel me the usual token list of women producers who are only in the list just because they are women and not because they are brilliant.

Magda + Paula Temple are good

Hopefully Miss Bass can buck the trend and i'm sure she will. Less short skirt pictures might be a good idea though.

massplanck
16-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Magda + Paula Temple are good

oops I'd also like to add 'Americhord' to that list.... then again.. with a name like that who could ever know if she was female or male and make a judgement?

miss bass
16-08-2004, 03:05 PM
what short skirt ideas and pictures?

Infact i rarely wear a skirt when i dj, infact never!!! But its a shame that now i should feel like i need to dress down just incase people think im all show.

At the end of the day, if i wore a skirt, id wear one even if i didnt dj, i like to be feminie, and like to dress up , be sexy, thats nothing to do with DJING!!! Just me.

Musically - Music is my life. I grew up playing classical pieces on the piano, listening to ska, reggae etc. Got grade A in GCSE Music (which is tough i may add ;) )

Not being funny but i probably know more composition -wise than most djs / producers would know. thats not tying to be big headed just truthful.

I shouldnt be explaining myself but i want to, its about time people started being a little more open- minded.

I know there are ALOT of females who know **** all and have no interest in music what so ever, my girl-friends aint a clue, its like talking to a brick wall, but you have to also be just that bit open minded and think, hang on a minute, she / her whoever might actually have an understanding.

Tiptoe
16-08-2004, 03:22 PM
yeah it is a bit unfair you having to explain yourself on here like this as you shouldn't have to. Male/female who cares as long as you got the talent thats all that matters.

massplanck
16-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Chillax Miss Bass, I dont doubt your intergrety or talent. I just wanted to liven things up in here and flirt with you.

massplanck
16-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Male/female who cares as long as you got the talent thats all that matters.

If that was the case then why is Miss Bass the only female on here who asks decent questions or has something constructive to say?

The Overfiend
16-08-2004, 03:35 PM
I personally for one think that it is a sad day when with so many different topics we have going on on the site, and the state of affairs in our genre. That people want to discuss a womans ability to dj, and or hold her own in techno. She can wear a skirt or she can even degrade herself like that one dj with the tits haning out, WHO CARES? As long as she can spin and program in a professional and stylish (meaning Djing) fashion she will be fine. Miss Bass and I have spoken frequently and In my opinion she has a lot more integrity than half of the people who are making idiotic comments in this thread. Can we focus on what is important and not a pair of mammaries? Maybe if we did so We would not be complaining about how our scene is struggling.

278d7e64a374de26f==