PDA

View Full Version : distribution tips

Tony
15-08-2004, 05:26 AM
when people get to know me on the many international forums i'm on, they (hopefully) get to see me as a chirpy bastard, who staves off a bleak cynicism about the music industry despite being up to his eyes in it.
many folks ask me questions from specific points about contracts, to just how the whole damn thing works.

i wish i had the time to write back to all the people in detail, or do one big generic post to answer most questions. but heck, my company would fall on its arse if i spent that much time.

so here's something. shock horror, from the radio1 website that was sent to me and i actually couldnt pick many faults in it.
for those looking for answers to questions, this answers them in a friendly, useful and informative way.

and its radio 1, who'd a thunk it?????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/distribution/diyp01.shtml

killarava2day
15-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Great link Tony.

Komplex
15-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Cheers Tony, some other useful info on that site too. And I was just about to private message and hassle you ;)

crime
16-08-2004, 02:02 AM
many folks ask me questions from specific points about contracts, to just how the whole damn thing works.

God, I bet that makes you feel f.u.c.k.ing important doesn't it eh? ;) :lol:

Louk
16-08-2004, 05:05 AM
nice 1 mate :)

Patrick DSP
16-08-2004, 05:29 AM
when people get to know me on the many international forums i'm on, they (hopefully) get to see me as a chirpy bastard, who staves off a bleak cynicism about the music industry despite being up to his eyes in it.

i wish i had the time to write back to all the people in detail, or do one big generic post to answer most questions. but heck, my company would fall on its arse if i spent that much time.

so here's something. shock horror, from the radio1 website that was sent to me and i actually couldnt pick many faults in it.
for those looking for answers to questions, this answers them in a friendly, useful and informative way.

and its radio 1, who'd a thunk it?????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onemusic/distribution/diyp01.shtml

thanks. this is being bookmarked, and printed out :)

dan the acid man
16-08-2004, 09:08 AM
ooh, great link, time to abuse the printer at work later :cool:

dJpZ
16-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Nice, thank you.

G-whizz
16-08-2004, 11:53 AM
ooh, great link, time to abuse the printer at work later :cool:

you know that ! :lol:

Tony
16-08-2004, 12:14 PM

God, I bet that makes you feel f.u.c.k.ing important doesn't it eh? ;) :lol:

if i had an ego it would be the size of nepal!!
hows that for a paradox :lol: :lol:

dont really fell important at all. how many other people are on this, and some of the other boards you visit who do distribution?? its only logical that some folks may ask questions, so i can wank myself when i'm reading their mails and feel superior and dominant :eh: :!: :?: :eh: :!: :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

self importance is not an agenda of mine.

crime
16-08-2004, 04:46 PM
God, I wish it was as glamourous as I'd always imagined when I were a wee nipper...

Never thought that it would end up as stuffing records in mailers in a dirty warehouse..

crime
16-08-2004, 04:49 PM
@tony: excuse my completely drunken pisstake from last night, I feel like jeckle and hyde sometimes...

Tony
16-08-2004, 08:12 PM
s'alright mate, i know i always used to retort in a violently defensive manner to such things, for paragraphs and paragraphs. but i've learnt that people are just taking the piss.

its a shame theres not much more in what we're doing....but if there where............ we prob might not be doing it, as it might not be underground enough. bizarre!!!

as a wise man once said, the only applaise is the applasue within.

keep it up ;)

Col
16-08-2004, 10:17 PM
i printed off a whole lot of info from radio 1 about a year ago regarding different areas of the music industry. it is surprisingly good considering.

Tony
18-08-2004, 01:53 AM
yeah, i sent them a mail about some of the finer points that weren't mentioned that can bite you on the arse if you dont know what the crack is, and they mailed to say they'll be including them.

nice!!

278d7e64a374de26f==