PDA

View Full Version : Do you know when to stop with a tune

miss bass
15-08-2004, 08:34 PM
I think im gettin close to finishing a few tracks, but i still sit there and try to add more etc or take more away.

I suppose it comes with experience. I find myself still adding percussion etc.

Once you get your tracks sitting nicely in the mix, then what? Do you send them to be mastered ( or is that more for bands etc)
Do you use overall compression etc....

Cant wait til the day when i have some finished tracks under my belt and can be proud of.

slavestudios
15-08-2004, 09:03 PM
i know when i should stop playing with bits of the track..

i get my loops & sequnece together, then run a femo demo cuts, put them thru my dj mixer & mix a similair record over the top to make sure its got it in every range...

bit more fiddling in Wave Lab & the track is done...

i NEVER spend more than 16 hours on one track. u just lose that wee spark that got the whole thing running..

and i learn another lil bit every time i turn my shit on, si i believe its best to move forward & not get stale with the same loop..

but, its all subjective, so it horses for courses yet again

dirty_bass
15-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I was once told, no work of art is ever finished.
It just stops at interesting places.
:roll:

Erm, Generally, when all the frequencies are filled, whether it be minimal, or really complex, that`s when The basic track is finished. It`s all then a matter of sequencing and adding edits, until it`s just busy enough, but not too busy.

Sometimes I master myself, sometimes, it goes away to be mastered it depends who it is for.

278d7e64a374de26f==