PDA

View Full Version : ignition technition stuff

Tiptoe
15-08-2004, 11:05 PM
well i have slated them on here before and the main reason being most of their new stuff is really shit imo. On eof the main reasons this botheres me is that wilko and pete are both very talented guys and can make some really good pumping stuff when they want. On saturday went on a mission for their old stuff cos i aint hardly got any of it and its really good. Anyway i managed to get these bad boys
Pete simpson - come on feel the pete - pimp (work that booty is ace)
ignition technition - 2 crippled heroes part 1 - wedafuqawi
ignition technition - crazy ladies (think this is the name of the vinyl) - wedafuqawi the tunes second theorem and snuff puppet are great tracks and will be gettin cained when i play on saturday.
I have also got a new one by wilko on white label called slut peddelers 1. Now 1 side of this has two good tracks in the older style whilst the other side are crap imo.
As i say when they want they can make banging techno that would go great in any set and gets the girls shaking their ass but it just dissapoints me the amount of shit being made by them as well. I hope they realsise this and get back to making some jacking as **** stuff again.

TripleX
15-08-2004, 11:28 PM
i totally agree. i didn´t buy any of their latest records,
those old wedafuqawi´s are wicked :love:

Tiptoe
15-08-2004, 11:30 PM
yeah really jackin stuff aint it. Reall gets everyone on the dancefloor when you drop one

Traxx
15-08-2004, 11:37 PM
there's quite a bit of there earlier stuff that i really like & own but none of the recent stuff...

The Overfiend
16-08-2004, 02:40 AM
I think at this point in their careers they are trying to make money.
I heard they do a live pa now and I am quite curious to hear the results of this. I don't understand the new breed of techno producers that are doing recycled disco now, I thought that was what house is for I mean. Joey Beltram, Chester Beatty, and Ignition all fall into this envelope. They are not doing anything new that has not been championed by Chicago house producers as Cajmere, Czr, Angel Alanis the list goes on, TO be Frank they are biting the recipe of Olav Basoski. Let the house heads do the recycled disco, and please come back to the realm of programming and midi fellas.

simot
16-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I personally don't dig their stuff that much, I bought a few of their records a couple of years ago, but got bored pretty quick.

As far as the live PA thing, they have been doing their live sets for a while, they did one for us at least 2, maybe 3 years ago.

Aside from their music I have to say that they are really down to earth, friendly pair of blokes.

Frank Dogshit
16-08-2004, 03:43 PM
there live sets about 3 years ago were simply stunning!! voodoo december 2001 i think it was and they absolutely smashed the place!

saw them at the jam last year and they were really dissapointing. :roll:

Tiptoe
16-08-2004, 03:47 PM
yeah they used to be great always used to bang it out on new years eve at the orbit :rambo:

DJMAYA
16-08-2004, 09:25 PM
i do agree but then i have to say some of the recent stuff is also very good, in particular 'JAPAN' is one track that is so full of energy. gets people surging everytime.

The Overfiend
16-08-2004, 09:50 PM
RoboSexual.
Thats a straight banger from them as far as I am concerned.

jonnyspeed
16-08-2004, 09:59 PM
personally I like 90% of their stuff. it does make me laugh though when people don't realise when tracks are locked grooves for mixing.

Col
16-08-2004, 10:23 PM
has anyone listened to the recent "wedafuqawi" album? i havent. just curious.

Martin Dust
17-08-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm waiting for the day when Tip doesn't mention the Orbit or "Banging it out" in a thread meself like :twisted:

schlongfingers
17-08-2004, 09:14 AM
RoboSexual.
Thats a straight banger from them as far as I am concerned.

That's a really strong track that is - recently rediscovered during a house move.

Tiptoe
17-08-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm waiting for the day when Tip doesn't mention the Orbit or "Banging it out" in a thread meself like :twisted:

enough of your lip u :lol:

jonnyspeed
17-08-2004, 01:49 PM
has anyone listened to the recent "wedafuqawi" album? i havent. just curious.

Social Services... aiii. Pretty good and representative, imo.

Samples from Juno (http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/IF145072-01.htm)

More releases at Musichead.de (http://www.music-head.de/catalog/platten_gefunden.pl?filter=alle2&filter=no_equpmt& suchfeld=ignition&suchbereich=alle)

Tiptoe
17-08-2004, 04:27 PM
am really hoping a return to form here cos i have just heard smples of his new tracks called live to play and play to win on purples and i have to say this sounded a great vinyl.

278d7e64a374de26f==