PDA

View Full Version : nord lead 2 versus nord lead 3. Is it worth it?

tekara
16-08-2004, 07:37 AM
i am in serious consideration in buying a few new synths to my existing software setup.

Obviously the big boys like the virus and nord leads get good recommendation all the time, but i would like to know is whether or not the Nord Lead 3 is really worth DOUBLE the price of the Nord Lead 2.

I have done extensive research on the two, and all i know are the differences in voices and other statistical jargons, but what i havent heard from are opinions from people that have used them (which is why im asking for help here!)

If the NL3 is really worth it, i will pick it up. The bad thing about living here is that there arent many keyboard and music shops with demos in there so i cant just walk into a store and ask them to show me a demo. Alot of times people out here have to buy based on word of mouth (which kinda sucks).

If the NL3 isnt worth it, i might as well just pick up a NL2 and another small synth for the same price.

pls let me know!

cheers
:roll:

Miromiric
16-08-2004, 11:05 AM
you should check out nordlead 2 VST before u buy hard version.

tekara
16-08-2004, 02:39 PM
theres a nord lead 2 vst available??

didnt know that! can u give me the name?

I was going to check out the Virus Powercore VST as well but i learnt later that you needed TC Electronic hardware which kinda sucks :(

Miromiric
16-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Synth1 - Clavia Nordlead 2 Red Synth and its freeware.

combining hardware and software is the future - very good protection from ye olde pirates, you get the hardware feel with knobs under ye olde sticky fingers + all that superdooper thingies software can do.

torres28
16-08-2004, 06:05 PM
The NL 2 sounds far more agressive and harsh,the ND2X sounds far worse due too the more recent D/A converters.

The NL3 sounds more digital and " transparent" but is very nice for digital sounds,FM and soundscapes,if you want pure analogue sounds go for 2 as the 3 lacks of low bottom .

I have both.

Jimfish
16-08-2004, 09:13 PM
theres a nord lead 2 vst available??

didnt know that! can u give me the name?

I was going to check out the Virus Powercore VST as well but i learnt later that you needed TC Electronic hardware which kinda sucks :(

if you buy a TC powercore with the virus plugin i guarantee you will think its just about the best £700 you ever spent!

and if you buy the firewire version you get hardware in & outs so you can use it on your desks send/returns etc how cool is that! hardware vst's!

Jimfish
16-08-2004, 09:14 PM
its the best £700 i ever spent anyway... and ive spent a lot ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==