PDA

View Full Version : Step Sequencer which randomizes to harmonic scales

scotttechfunk
16-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Anyone know of one? Basically what i'm after is some sort of step sequencer like 'StepMachin' or the standard Cubase SX Step Designer that when I click randomize, can randomise the notes within a specified scale. Eg D Minor. Does anyone know if anything like this exists? StepMachin is supposed to do it, it just doesn't work.

scotttechfunk
16-08-2004, 06:44 PM
What's more, is there anyway I can have it so say I have a step sequencer on a track, I can still use my Evolution keyboard to change the parameters on a synth? Whenever I use a step sequencer I can't seem to change any main synth parameters, cut off etc, is that normal?

torres28
16-08-2004, 08:42 PM
There is one called Analogue systems,but sorry is only hardware, check it out

www.analoguesystems.co.uk

I donĀ“t know why you all love those crap virtual systmes...

Poder Latino

maily
16-08-2004, 09:54 PM
theres the arpimedes by tobybear productions http://tobybear.phreque.com/files/midibag.zip it does some randomisation, but as i only downloaded it yesterday myself i don't know how good it is,
hope this is some help.

+ there is loads of other free stuff on their site www.tobybear.de

maily
16-08-2004, 09:56 PM
actually just realised this isn't what you were after,
but as it is a MIDI plug in you could maybe use it with a step sequencer to add some randomisation to your sequences?
i'll try it myself soon.

scotttechfunk
17-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the replies dudes. Yeah Maily I've tried the tobybear one and it's quite good, not got a 'stick to scale' type feature on it though unfortunately as you say.

278d7e64a374de26f==