PDA

View Full Version : Loops

Tiptoe
16-08-2004, 06:53 PM
how many of you here use sampled loops in your productions. Just interested cos i have been sent some great loops i would like to use but don't want to come accross as cheating if you know what i mean.

audioinjection
16-08-2004, 07:10 PM
I've used some, but I process them so much you can't really tell they're sample loops, most of the time I make my own.

dan the acid man
16-08-2004, 07:39 PM
I've used some, but I process them so much you can't really tell they're sample loops, most of the time I make my own.

im the same, if i use a premade loop, i have a play about with it and then it usually end's up sounding totally different

dirty_bass
16-08-2004, 10:18 PM
If I like a loop, it`s normally becuase of the sounds in it.
So I just chop it up into the component instruments, and then rework to my own pattern

yorkie
17-08-2004, 01:15 PM
same as above,

chopped up loops used usually or just one off hits e.g. if i want to use a japanese kodo drum or hh open, closed ... blah blah

tracatak
17-08-2004, 10:51 PM
do the loops usually havea reversed sound in em... for example

kick kick reverse kick...or does it depend..etc....i hear some cool rhythm.. sounsd liek it goes in reverse for a sec..or it goes A- B A -C ....(MEANING LIKE A SLIGHT HCANGE IN PITCH OR W/E ) i realize its all different..but im shooting for tha tbasic style first..before i distort it how i want it...

eyes without a face
17-08-2004, 11:23 PM
sure use em, thats what they are there for, but try and be creative, dont do a whole track outta loops (altho i know alot of people who do this!) and try and use them in a way thats maybe not so obvious?

in my opinion its all about the finished product!

Col
17-08-2004, 11:36 PM
i never use loops. im a one-hit sample wonder. i have taken a specific sound from a loop, but its very rare. in saying that though, me making music is very rare. my drive is screwed.

DJZeMigL
18-08-2004, 04:50 PM
I use Samples sometime loops, genrally of percution only, normally chang'em a bit... kinda depends on the track.. I used 2 b religious about sampling 'till a "friend" of mine ripped off someone elses work, did fuc* all in the track, xcept a few hihats and some very basic filtering, some claps.. and presto more some decent money, more than the original, got played but the heavy names and set off his carrer...

from then on I sample and use small snippets (generally sounds/ vocals) and the odd drumloop.. I tend 2 warp' em but I not so bothered if it fits perfectly!

Z

Komplex
18-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Whatever you decide to do with those loops, make sure the end result/track sounds like you!

Thats the most important thing.

zacmobile
19-08-2004, 08:01 AM
its really not that difficult to make your own loops. out of the whole track building process thats the most fun for me anyway. and when i do sample a loop it ends up so mangled and unrecognizable i might as well have done it from scratch anyway.

professor
19-08-2004, 01:46 PM
this topic comes up a lot...
bottom line is use common sense. If you think you're "cheating" or stealing, then don't do it. Take the time to write your own music. learn how those loops you like are made, and make some...

Jimfish
20-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah i use probably on average 1/2 loops per track but i end up chopping em up so much that i only use 1 or 2 hits in the end, they just give me a starting point sometimes..
Used to use em more but now i much prefer the control of programming my own shit

FatLoop
03-09-2004, 09:57 PM
I love using loops but i always get them sounding fat induvidualy e.g compress it e.q it cut it up ect ect,then lay them out over each other takin bits from the loops to create some strange sounds but nice sounds!then after that i would get a nice fat kick and bass to match all of the loops i have processed and come up with a nice techno track to lay out :lol:

Mindful
03-09-2004, 10:58 PM
this topic comes up a lot...
bottom line is use common sense. If you think you're "cheating" or stealing, then don't do it. Take the time to write your own music. learn how those loops you like are made, and make some...
:clap: :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==