PDA

View Full Version : House

Esox Lucius
27-03-2003, 06:23 PM
any of you into house?

what are your fav dj`s & producers? i`m more into chicago stuff like derrick carter & sneak, but like some british stuff like inland knights & ralph lawson.

some of my fav producers

derrick l carter
luke solomon
cajmere
david duriez
brett johnson
stacy kidd
onionz
dj buck
swag (chris duckenfield)
ralph lawson
mike dixon
iz & diz
blair
inland knights
theo parrish
tony senghore

miromiric.
27-03-2003, 07:25 PM
i always enjoyed in music of lords of the svek.

st.germain has some good stuff - boulevard.

alex kid is good.

yeah house is good!

MARKEG
27-03-2003, 10:56 PM
total respex to tf. i play alot in the us and this sort of music is massive. i sooo enjoy chillin out to serious house at a good after party over there.

Patrick
27-03-2003, 11:35 PM
I don't know where house begins and ends these days, but I've got a lot of stuff on that Masters at Work vibe. And I've been hammering a bootleg I picked up of Gil Scott Heron's The Bottle (Groovefinder remix).
And Tenaglia does it for me too, when I'm chillin'. Or anything Jazzanova touch.....I love that soulful, jazzy vibe. Sunny sunday summer music. Mmm mmmm mmm.

Patrick
27-03-2003, 11:38 PM

True ! And Alex Gopher.

Buttman
28-03-2003, 08:22 AM
i always enjoyed in music of lords of the svek.

alex kid is good.

yeah house is good!

You are off my ICQ!

miromiric.
28-03-2003, 10:23 AM
well u re gay anyway!

Esox Lucius
28-03-2003, 10:34 AM
watch out, you will get banned :lol:

Nomak
28-03-2003, 11:02 AM
I like Daft Punk if you call that House? I also went to Herbal as one of my friends plays DNB it was some Big DJ's Wedding do and DJ Trace played a wicked set of like Chicago style house.. I dont know what records they were but I really liked it!

John Vella
29-03-2003, 08:28 PM
I like alot of funky stompy house... I have a friend who plays alot of that stuff and it's fun doing back to backs with her.

Mind you I personally don't care too much for house with vocals or overly jazzy elemets... Especially when they become dominant and basically take the listener's focus off the precussion.

Something about wailing gospel style lyrics and a blarring saxaphone over a simple 4/4 beat just makes me wanna stick my head in a toilet to drown out the noise. Like I said I think its coz I prefer precussion to be the dominating factor in music.

Mind you there are always exceptions to the rule... I have actually liked a few jazzy house tunes with vocals from 1995 or so.. Usually this sound drives me away tho.

-JOHNNY

wenna
29-03-2003, 10:07 PM
i have a fantazia house cd from about 1995, i think and there are some really really smashing tunes on it!!!!

luvdup, i think they were called..... tes, i'd say they were my fav.
and erasure :lol:

MARKEG
30-03-2003, 07:37 PM
tech funk... you are such a C*NT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Esox Lucius
30-03-2003, 10:06 PM
cheers, that`s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :lol:

gunjack
01-04-2003, 06:59 PM
house is like any other genre i think. great stuff just under the surface, if you know where to look!

278d7e64a374de26f==