PDA

View Full Version : looking on ebay for...

professor
17-08-2004, 02:08 PM
some hardware FX units.

what hardware effects processors do you lot suggest to look into?
i've been checking out the Sherman Filterbank and the Electrix range (discontinued?)

anything else?

networkacid
17-08-2004, 02:24 PM
If you're after a filterbox, you shouldn't look past a Frostwave Resonator...

...and screw eBay, they still make 'em new, and quality, for cheap!

http://www.frostwave.com/theresonator/

yorkie
17-08-2004, 02:35 PM
old 80's boss analogue delay fx rock

especially for dubby delayed / saturation effects

Basil Rush
17-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Culture Vulture is well interesting...

I've got a filterbank, gets used not a massive amount, it's very dirty sounding generally. Sometimes adds a lot to a monosynth type sound though. If it was stereo it'd be more useful to me...

heavy beats
27-08-2004, 01:30 AM
i got a electrix filter factory and I don't use it as much as I thought I would. there's just too many vst plug ins that do the same thing and it's easier to automate. only thing different is that the analog filter just sounds fatter than the vst filters. as far as reverb and delays, it's all vst for me but I do have an effects procesor that never gets put to use.

Jimfish
27-08-2004, 12:45 PM
I used to have a frostwave resinator, good filter but i sold it as it was only mono..

Ive used the electrix filterfactoy & filterqueens a lot and they are ok, but not quite as big sounding as a sherman, akai mfc42 or frostwave.. but still a phuck of an improvment over any vst filters. Actually they do go pretty cheap though so for the money they are stilll ok.

Id check out the mfc42 - you can get em around 150 second hand and they are very phat sounding, thats what i use now.. although id also like to get a mutronix mutator to join it for extra filth - but they are quite expensive in comparison. The akai is the best for the money for sure.

The electric Eq Killer and mo-fx are both well worth checking out..

For more basic stuff ive seen TC M-one's go for around 150 on there which is a bloody good sound for that kind of money

detfella
27-08-2004, 02:05 PM
i love all my electrix fx units. they've not been made for a while now so they hold there price well.

professor
27-08-2004, 02:54 PM
thanks for the replies.

I played with a friends filter queen last weekend. easy to use, but he says it's pretty noisy to record through...

I don't much care about that though, I just want some easy to use, inexpensive fx for live manglings.

278d7e64a374de26f==