PDA

View Full Version : What sample cds do you like most?

torres28
17-08-2004, 11:13 PM
I like the XXL most wanted drums,digital boy I and II ( just the hats),no kick I and II and one with the Mellotron to imitate Tangerine Dream..hehe

Yours?

dirty_bass
17-08-2004, 11:14 PM
I don`t have any :cry:
I have built my sound library up, from tunes, the net, field recordings, Tv and video samples.

Col
17-08-2004, 11:39 PM
i have very few, all of which are pretty shite. i really need to get my head down and program my own.

Starfuqer
17-08-2004, 11:53 PM
Vienna Orchestra

90 gigs

Hanz Zimmer made the Gladiator soundtrack with it

dan the acid man
18-08-2004, 12:26 AM
i dont have any either, i get free one's off the net,friends, or make my own, i need some new kick one's though, time to have a look around i think

Mattias Fridell (emb)
18-08-2004, 03:22 PM
I make my own samples, but rigth now i could use some new samples so please tell me if you know of anything good.

scotttechfunk
19-08-2004, 07:39 AM
i dont have any either, i get free one's off the net,friends, or make my own, i need some new kick one's though, time to have a look around i think

Me too. Gonna try that Waldorf attack I think, though Steinberg don't do demo's of their products so I can't try it out before buying (unless i do the kazaa thang). I like the idea of being able to shape a drum sound. Though one thing confuses me, what makes the waldorf attack better for drums than say a V Station or a Pro 53? I mean, they're all synths, they all have oscillators, cut offs etc, can't you theoretically get pretty much the same sound from each?

Patrick DSP
19-08-2004, 08:47 AM
I have built my sound library up, from tunes, the net, field recordings, Tv and video samples.
lie

LIE!!!!

I know those Trance & Epic House Samples from GMEDIA that you use!

you dirty dirty little man.

;)

Mattias Fridell (emb)
19-08-2004, 11:20 AM
lie

LIE!!!!

;)

Hahha, you really got him there! :D

go|plastic
19-08-2004, 01:57 PM
In my experience the most useful sample CDs are the ones that don't have "TECHNO" written all over them...

Buttman
19-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Liaisons Dangereuses - Liaisons Dangereuses (Teldec)

Buttman
19-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Liaisons Dangereuses - Liaisons Dangereuses (Teldec)

Oh sample CD!
Liaisons Dangereuses - Liaisons Dangereuses (Hit Thing)

massplanck
19-08-2004, 04:12 PM
In my experience the most useful sample CDs are the ones that don't have "TECHNO" written all over them...

:lol:

slavestudios
19-08-2004, 05:58 PM
the free ones on cmags like Future Music & MTM...

basic dull samples, but after a bit of a thrashin in Sound Forge, they do the job

auditory hallucinations
23-08-2004, 12:06 PM
The ones I keep returning to are:

Oliver Lieb Samples - loads and loads of stuff, well worth £60. Drums, fx, pads, basses, you name it, it's got it. And top sound quality too.

Distoteque - Lots of very grimy loops, makes you feel most unclean.

But there's nothing better than sampling offa vinyl, looping it and running through a filter for some distortion.

dirty_bass
23-08-2004, 02:29 PM
lie

LIE!!!!

Now that`s just not cricket.
Nobody accuses me, the 5th earl of sinjenson, of using or being an associate of house or trance samples.

I challenge you sir, to a dual.

Weapons of your choice.

I shall give you the sound thrashing you so justly deserve.

A pox on thy name and familly, you cad.

Do me the honour of turning up on time lest I need to hunt you down like the dog you are.

dan the acid man
23-08-2004, 06:59 PM
:lol: :lol:

Basil Rush
24-08-2004, 02:21 PM
*laughs* classic. some kind of 18th century techno sound off.

twizted
28-09-2004, 02:32 PM
:lol: :lol: ****ing wooden 18th centuary synths that you have to burn a coal fire to get working.

wellso
06-10-2004, 03:19 PM
:lol: :lol: **** wooden 18th centuary synths that you have to burn a coal fire to get working.

ppl just cant resist the vintage sounds ;)

duffdeal
06-10-2004, 09:52 PM
ueberschall 'Techno Trance Essentials' has some good drum sounds, despite the dodgy name.

FatLoop
10-10-2004, 03:20 PM
has any1 tryed xstatic goldmine? its got some nice noises and loops to cut up and mess about with,also i recommend xxlarge club 3 (awsome) some very fat loops to process and **** about with!!!!get um and enjoy

dirty_bass
10-10-2004, 04:53 PM
don`t by dance music sample CD`s
If you can`t make a decent beat, you don`t understand the nature of dance music.

FatLoop
17-10-2004, 06:14 PM
well ive heard a few of ur tracks and u need a decent kick urself m8 to be quite honest dirty bass!!!!!! ur kicks sound like they havnt been compressed and very dull so i think u need to experiment with absaloutley everythin and not try to critisise when ur tracks need sorting themselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindful
17-10-2004, 07:17 PM
oohhoooooooo*hides behind hambag*

my fave cds-free ones(im destined to be broke forever)

dirty_bass
17-10-2004, 11:57 PM
well ive heard a few of ur tracks and u need a decent kick urself m8 to be quite honest dirty bass!!!!!! ur kicks sound like they havnt been compressed and very dull so i think u need to experiment with absaloutley everythin and not try to critisise when ur tracks need sorting themselves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh touchy!!
Nearly made me raise an eyebrow with that comment.
But it turned out, I just had a fart brewing.

dan the acid man
18-10-2004, 02:37 PM
steves kicks have always sounded good to me, especially on a big rig

miss bass
21-10-2004, 08:09 PM

Me too. Gonna try that Waldorf attack I think, though Steinberg don't do demo's of their products so I can't try it out before buying (unless i do the kazaa thang). I like the idea of being able to shape a drum sound. Though one thing confuses me, what makes the waldorf attack better for drums than say a V Station or a Pro 53? I mean, they're all synths, they all have oscillators, cut offs etc, can't you theoretically get pretty much the same sound from each?

ooo so Waldorf is a synth you can make drums in,, mm sounds tasty, i have tons of samples but some sound crackly n not clean enough for my liking.

eyes without a face
22-10-2004, 12:52 PM
i like to use percussion loops, especially of ethnic origin, but kick wise i recommend always making ur own or a good set of 909 samples and u cant go far wrong

djshiva
01-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Adam Jay-Tools for Technocracy CD (unreleased, but i think it's gonna be put out by M Audio)

Tim Xavier sample cd (also unreleased i think...not sure)

really looking to get the Steve Stoll Locked Grooves CD...anyone heard this? comments?

dirty_bass
01-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I would recommend Drumatic 2 to generate your kicks.
much better than samples

RDR
03-11-2004, 01:05 PM
No kick
Trilogy
Heart of Africa
Soli music drum machines (awesome - 50+ drum machines and all their noises)

278d7e64a374de26f==