PDA

View Full Version : shranz/ mayhem

tracatak
18-08-2004, 12:24 AM
any of u have any comments for producing shranz/ mayhem (i think most people just call it hard techno..but i could be wrong.) ..prolly matter of opinion...anywho..wondering what the word on it is...its ultimatley what i wanna get into ...production wise...ty..

j_s
18-08-2004, 02:39 AM
From what I can gather, use lots of the following.

Percussion
Distortion
Compression
Filtration

The best way to work out how to use them is just to experiment. Work out how each element will affect the sound and then put it to use...

tracatak
27-09-2004, 11:57 PM
any1 knowwhere i can d/l some mixes/sets of of hard techno or schranz..mayhem etc...ty

twizted
28-09-2004, 12:44 PM
any1 knowwhere i can d/l some mixes/sets of of hard techno or schranz..mayhem etc...ty

http://www.nightgen.com/mixes.php

tracatak
29-09-2004, 11:30 PM
thanks man im checkin now

tracatak
03-10-2004, 03:35 AM
i d/l one mix...good tracks but mixing was not so great....i personally wouldnt put a mix online if it wasnt my best effort..not trying to be rude..just giving some constructive crit...its what helped me become a good dj..in the long run..and what ill make me become a decent producer in the future..glad your crew is trying ot push the music it loves though....piece

Mindful
08-10-2004, 12:05 AM
First punch yourself in the face then kidnap The Grim Reaper,Megatron and Darth vader,steal yourself a fraight train tie a nuclear warhead to the front of it drive it thru an industrial landscape from the future shooting your AK47 in the air shouting the end is nigh,record it loop it add some big f**k off KICK DRUMS lots n lots n lots of layers of intense dirty dirty abrassive percussion add some dark evil stabs n chords a big lovely ride hat add lots of cool little tricks and blood curdling screams turn it right up and play it to your gran.
sounds a bit like this-
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM AAAA !!!!!!
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM FU******CK!!!!!!!!!
BOOM TSSS BOOM TSSS BOOM TSSS BOOM TSSS
BOOM TSSS BOOM TSSS BOOM TSSS HEEEELLPPPP!!!!!!!
looks a bit like this-
:bash: :bash: :crackup: :crackup: :rambo: :mashed:

dirty_bass
08-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Just take any old bunch of loops and overcompress the whole lot.

eyes without a face
08-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Just take any old bunch of loops and overcompress the whole lot.

hahahahaha!

WORD

DJZeMigL
08-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I know we're all playing jokes with no harmfull intent but let's not come across as snobby knob twidlers! ;)

:P

Z

eyes without a face
08-10-2004, 09:43 PM
fair play Ze......

*bends over, takes down pants and takes his spanking off daddy!*

;)

DJZeMigL
09-10-2004, 11:05 AM
lol ;)

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==