PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Mills GEAR?

torres28
18-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi;

I have never seen a picture of Jeff's studio, I am curious about his equipment,especially on the bells age records..It doesn´t sounded too analogue and at that age jupiters and so on were soo popular..

Perhaps a roland JD 800 or a yamaha TG 77 ? I never got those synths ...

Poder latino

Komplex
18-08-2004, 08:36 AM
I dont know for sure but I'll guess some sort of sampler, a 909 and maybe a kurzweil k series synth?

torres28
18-08-2004, 09:33 AM
The 909 for sure. I lend him mine when he came here.. and got it signed by him on the back.

But most 909 were samples on his records instead of straight 909 sounds,some gated hats I remember.

The kurzweil mmm,perhaps, it´s another 90´s obscure synth I have never given any atention..

g
18-08-2004, 05:24 PM
he no longer uses any samplers.

as for the rest of the studio, it's all basic stuff that you would expect. no computers.

wait for the dvd.

torres28
18-08-2004, 11:59 PM

as for the rest of the studio, it's all basic stuff that you would expect. no computers.

wait for the dvd.

BIG LIE,I also saw the inteview where he said that LIE, I have here one of his latest records 6277 Mission one 2003 on axis records.

All is 909 and sampled hats, it seems done witha step midi sequencer synced with the tr but there is a SAMPLER,as the pattern has a hat that sounds on the 3rd and 11th and the 2nd time wich is triggered it´s the same hat but with loooong attack,the first is the same straight.

Judge by yourselfs but he is a LIAR ,fellas! You could achieve that trick with a compressor and a gate,but it wouldn´t sounded that way

SHAMEEEE jeff we are no rookies!!

Miromiric
19-08-2004, 12:41 AM
we are technical maniacs who forgot all about art and musical expression.

Komplex
19-08-2004, 12:58 AM
nah. the thing is, you can't really discuss musical expression. you can only *hear* it or *do* it.

but we can discuss gear and techniques ;)

g
19-08-2004, 01:06 AM

wait for the dvd.

BIG LIE,I also saw the inteview where he said that LIE, I have here one of his latest records 6277 Mission one 2003 on axis records.

All is 909 and sampled hats, it seems done witha step midi sequencer synced with the tr but there is a SAMPLER,as the pattern has a hat that sounds on the 3rd and 11th and the 2nd time wich is triggered it´s the same hat but with loooong attack,the first is the same straight.

Judge by yourselfs but he is a LIAR ,fellas! You could achieve that trick with a compressor and a gate,but it wouldn´t sounded that way

that record is not by jeff mills. nor is it on axis.
http://www.discogs.com/release/173118

magnetize
19-08-2004, 01:46 AM
LOL

dirty_bass
19-08-2004, 02:33 AM

Man, you are spending too many nights in alone.

Go play with some poon-tang this weekend.

It`ll all seem so insignificant then.

Komplex
19-08-2004, 03:25 AM

Man, you are spending too many nights in alone.

Go play with some poon-tang this weekend.

It`ll all seem so insignificant then.

HAHAHA

torres28
19-08-2004, 04:55 AM
that record is not by jeff mills. nor is it on axis.
http://www.discogs.com/release/173118[/quote]

Ooops too late :oops:

Who made that record then?

I thought his label was "just" for him :?: :eh:

g
19-08-2004, 06:43 AM
look at the link i posted. that release is by Elektrabel, aka Tomas Hartl. and the label is not axis, it's 6277. the point of 6277 is "To release compositions from unknown artists around the world in the direction of experimentation and conceptual applications."

acidchild
19-09-2004, 09:07 AM
From what i remember, 909, Yamaha TG-33 (used extensively on Waveform Transmission III). 303 (at one point), TR-727, DX-100. But these are all pretty basic Detroit toys.

davcron
22-09-2004, 08:29 PM
yeah, there's definitely some yamaha dx bizness on a lot of his records

278d7e64a374de26f==