PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Audiophile 2496

tekboi
28-03-2003, 03:32 AM
I actually posted a topic about a Delta 44 Midiman sound card where in fact I was really interested in knowing about the:

M-Audio Audiophile 2496

I have to make a decision about this sound card by next week so if someone can really help me it would be really appreciated! Just thigns like is the sound quality better than average.

How far off is it from the Delta 44 or 66 or even the 10/10 in sound quality! Take note that I am asking the difference in sound quality not features such as how much ports etc as I have been told that the Audiophile 2496 has built in midi ports which is very cool indeed.

Hope youz can help, thanks!

Orange
28-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Hi,

I don't own any delta cards, nor am I generally very knowlegable about soundcards, so at best use this as a possible starting point, and double check my information. I recently had a hard look at the delta range and will share what I remember. The 44 and 66 have the same specs, differing only in the extra digital i/o. The 10/10 has different specs, only marginally on paper, but how that 0.02 or whatever the number is, translates into sound difference, I don't know (maybe someone else will tell us, cause that's my question too). Also the 10/10 uses a new or different (I think) converter, something that definately sets it apart from the 44 and 66. The funny thing is, the 2496 also use the same converter as the 10/10, so it 'might' actually be getting better sound quality, closer to the sound quality of the 10/10, than you would with a 44 or 66. Finally, there 'might' be something in the way the 10/10 is constructed (having its converters set apart from other aspects of the card), that allows it to get a better signal to noise ratio, or something like that. That's all I remember. Overall, the whole card range is rated very highly, so I don't think you'll be disappointed. Have a look, though, at possible compatibility issues. There is a Delta user's forum you could check out, sorry, I don't know what the link is off hand. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

herman
29-03-2003, 02:21 PM
ok i havn't had any experience with the 2496 but i used to have a delta 66 which was really good used it for about 3 years no complaints at all.I have now updated to a 1010 which im finding is quite a bit better, though to be fair i also completely upgraded my system at the time so this probably has a lot to do with the change in quality.

278d7e64a374de26f==