PDA

View Full Version : bryan sleiter - keepin at it

bryan sleiter
18-08-2004, 02:48 PM
I'm still working on this one. Quite different from my usual style, techno meets electro.

keepin' at it (http://www.bossrecordings.us/audio_files/bryansleiter/bryan_sleiter_keepin_at_it.mp3)

Thanks for any feedback!

Jimfish
18-08-2004, 11:53 PM
I really like the things of yours ive heard before but im not on broadband here at the studio - but i am at home so ill ave a listen when i get back there ;)

xfive
19-08-2004, 12:21 AM
I like this Bryan :clap:
First few bars and I thought we were going into glitchy Matthew Dear land.. but after everything kicked in I was feelin' it ;) Nice use and seperation of sounds.
I'm a fan of your livepa sets up on the Abiotic site too :cool:

-Chris

bryan sleiter
19-08-2004, 01:15 AM
I like this Bryan :clap:
First few bars and I thought we were going into glitchy Matthew Dear land.. but after everything kicked in I was feelin' it ;) Nice use and seperation of sounds.
I'm a fan of your livepa sets up on the Abiotic site too :cool:

-Chris

Thanks Chris,

Yeah, before the bassline it does sound Dear-ish....... But I am a fan.

Do you think that the short reverse is over used? I'm noticing that it stands out more now than it did a day ago....

Thanks for listening to the abiotic stuff! I've been trying to get another set together for the last few months.

.....anxiously awaiting jim's review........

xfive
19-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Nah it didn't jump out at me really until you said something about it... I'm sure you could vary it a little though, knowing that this is a draft copy and all.. :lol: ;)

Jimfish
20-08-2004, 02:07 AM
hehe, dont really know why i wrote that... :eh: guess i was just lookin forward to it ;)

And rightly so! this track is dope! im only listening on headphones (but good ones) and im loving it! man this is the best thing ive heard on here for ages :) - well my favourite thing anyway..

Dunno what to say man, acnt be very constructive on it because i think its class from start to finish! its not the kind of thing i want to be constructive about.. i just want to enjoy it! :)

dirty_bass
20-08-2004, 04:02 AM
This is groooovvvvvvy
Made me shake my arse.
Class act mate :clap:
Some of the sounds seem a teeny bit dry, but maybe that`s a good thing, for this kinda quirky techno. It keeps it sharp and spikey.

dan the acid man
21-08-2004, 12:11 AM
very good, this crosses genre's, any dj could drop this into their set and get away with it :cool:

i cant find any criticism either

bryan sleiter
21-08-2004, 02:42 PM
wow.

thanks for all the feedback. made my day! now I just have to find time to put on a few finishing touches.... maybe a bit more verb on a percussion element or two, and take out a few rev. chops. I'll post another link when it's done.
;)

Joseph Isaac
25-08-2004, 07:56 PM
quality.

The Overfiend
25-08-2004, 11:22 PM
JACK IM GLAD PEOPLE STILL GOT SOUL!!!!

Col
25-08-2004, 11:39 PM
very cool. so laid back i almost fell over. your right about the overuse of reverse though, its almost every 8 bars, i think you should look at other ways of keeping interest...perhaps shake up the drums a little.

i like this though, not something i would play, but i can certainley appreaciate it.

Jimfish
26-08-2004, 12:58 AM
i would play it till my ass fell off

bryan sleiter
26-08-2004, 02:50 AM
I've made a few changes...
percussion variations and less reverses.

keepin_at_it_2 (http://bossrecordings.us/audio_files/bryansleiter/bryan_sleiter_keepin_at_it_2.mp3)
;)

so laid back i almost fell over

hahaha...

professor
26-08-2004, 04:00 PM
A+

The Divide
26-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Very nice

mrbenn
30-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Some funky shit, definatly booty shaking material.

good stuff :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==