PDA

View Full Version : [leeds] darkside v throb - 10th sept - makaton / paul bailey

plincit
18-08-2004, 04:55 PM
THE DARKSIDE vs THROB
friday 10th september @ the northern light, cross york street, leeds

PAUL 'damage' BAILEY - live / dj
MAKATON - live
+
wags - throb
craig h - throb
tony adamson - darkside

doors 10pm - 5am
£8 / £10 after 11

the new soundsystem will be installed for this one.

makaton / paul bailey - relationship to authority - rodz-konez - in stores now.
www.rodz-konez.co.uk
www.1881records.co.uk

more info / guest list / mailing list: darkside@basement-trax.co.uk

next date friday 8th october - old school party.

yorkie
19-08-2004, 12:40 PM
been waiting for this 1 for ages!!!!!!!

loving makaton, cannot wait!
:rambo:

Adverse
19-08-2004, 01:21 PM
:-o #%!&&!#%&!

Stella Boy
06-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Guest list closes on Thursday night so please pm either myself or email darkside@basement-trax.co.uk.

New sound system in place for this along with one or two little mods to enhance the nights proceedings. Hope to see you down there.

Tiptoe
06-09-2004, 08:40 PM
watch out for that tony adamson heard he aint that good :lol:

Stella Boy
06-09-2004, 08:46 PM
watch out for that tony adamson heard he aint that good :lol:

Don't forget mate, it's £10 in on Friday ;) :lol:

Tiptoe
06-09-2004, 08:58 PM
ha ha ha :lol:

Martin Dust
08-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Good luck with this one boys...

Tiptoe
08-09-2004, 05:38 PM
you not coming then martin?

basslinejunkie
08-09-2004, 06:26 PM

shame my friends are musically retarded,otherwise i would be :roll: :cry:

Tiptoe
08-09-2004, 10:12 PM

its a shame mate cos its going to be a good night.

Stella Boy
11-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Got to the club a couple of hours before kick off, to over see the final stages of the club being sorted out. The "sound engineer :roll: " from the club was having a nightmare hooking up the system and evetually at 9.40 got things going and the system sounded crisp and booming. Things ready to go. The event kicked off with Craig H and Wags from Throb who played back to back starting off some nice electro and building up into a crescendo off classic techno. Don't think I heard a track played which was post 2000.
The night moved into darkside overdrive when Paul Bailey came to the decks. Paul, playing with a laptop and decks, dropped some seriously dark moody and fukced techno and the crowd lapped it up like the techno hores they are :cool: . A big shout goes out to Paul, one of the nicest DJ's I've met. :clap:.
Sadly, Makaton's live set up was not working correctly and so he could not play. A major disappointment but I guess it's part and parcel of playing live. Hopefully, we will get him back to show the Leeds crew what his sh*t is really about. :rambo: .

I can't remember too much of who played what as I was runing round like a blue arsed fly all night but thanks to everyone who came down and supported the night and thanks to Paul, Makaton & Antoinette for being the people they are. :cool:

An Old School special next month and I promise, The Bells will not be played :lol:

Martin Dust
12-09-2004, 09:55 AM

its a shame mate cos its going to be a good night.

How I would have loved to have been there but I need to practice Tip and I know what I'm like when I get out. I really wanted to see Makaton as well.

We are nearly finished up with our sessions so I'll be out real so, we are at Locked on the 25th mind...

Tiptoe
12-09-2004, 09:59 AM
me and paul are trying to sort out a lift down martin so hopefully can come. should be a good night too. You be down for the old skool night???

yorkie
13-09-2004, 03:14 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

ive been waiting for makaton for ages and missed him!!! i went home too early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!1

:doh: :doh: :doh:

yorkie
13-09-2004, 03:16 PM
booze is bad!! ( in a Mr. Macky stylee!)

Stella Boy
13-09-2004, 07:33 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

ive been waiting for makaton for ages and missed him!!! i went home too early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!1

:doh: :doh: :doh:

No need to fret Yorkie, he didn't play as his laptop was not working.
Niec meeting you on Friday though ;)

yorkie
14-09-2004, 08:49 AM
:shock: :shock: thank shitting cricky for that!!!

:lol: :lol: that has cheered me up.

is there any plans to book the geezer again for the future?

278d7e64a374de26f==