PDA

View Full Version : 2 many dj's

Tomski
28-03-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi guys I mainly just read the post in this forum. I have been in to techno for a few years and I have to say since I started reading this forum my knowledge of techno has increased ten fold, its absolutely wicked. I have also recently started listening to electro which I think is well good.

I recently bought a new CD called '2 many dj's', it go some electro on it, so thats why it think its relevent here. But its sounds like some computer editted mix where they have used a capellas of things like destiny's child and then mixed it over dreadlock holiday, and new order and stuff like that. Its got that amazing tune by adult, 'hand to phone' with a well mad sample on it. This is the web site about it

www.2manydjs.org

I think its absolutely amazing and was wondering if any of you guys had heard it and if you had what you think of it. It might not be everyones cup of tea but I'm interested in your views.

cheers Tom.

ampassasinbirmingham
28-03-2003, 11:46 AM
2 many dj's is a bootleg cd compiled by soulwax. is it the one where the destinys child goes into dolly parton? if so, some of its electro but its mainly just a fun cd. It does have adult- hand to phone on it. Thats the tune after the speech about "Its 3am.....Where are you children"

ive never seen u post b4. Nice to meet ya. where ya from, what ya play, how old are you?

Tomski
28-03-2003, 12:17 PM
Out of interest what do you mean by bootleg, coz they have all the licences. But I quite enjoy listening to it. I find it quite good coz some of the tunes mixed over the top i wouldn't normally listen to, but i find myself singing along. They also use a crazy sample that i would well like to get hold of, the one that goes 'it 5 am were are your children, times have changed for parents, now the question is its 10am where are you children etc. '

Yeah mate it good to meet u too. I well love my techno and play that. I well like the ben simms sound and quite a lot of marco bailey, just real hard funk, also the harder industrial stuff but i don't really play much of that. I'm 21 from Cambridge, but go to uni in warwick, so by the looks of your name travel to ur home town a lot, i'm an Atomic Jam regular.

what about you?

Tom

ampassasinbirmingham
28-03-2003, 04:34 PM
yeah i too find myself having a sing to that album. Some of the stuff they do is so funny it makes you want more.

Anyway yeah im 17 from b'ham. Go the Jam and Hog alot. Struggle to get anywhere outside of brum. I'm a techno person myself. Don't listen to much electro. I like hard, intelligent techno. But saying that i love everything about techno from extremeley minimal to down right hard and dirty. I havnt missed a jam since i was about 16 and a half. It got me into techno.

Im going HOg tonight to see surgeon, ruskin, 65d mavericks and nicky B. I'm so lucky to live in birmingham:):)

Patrick
28-03-2003, 07:12 PM
That 2 many dj's cd rules. Well clever and some very hilarious edits. Peaches going into the Velvet Underground - off the wall !
Anyway, welcome Tomski.

BritishMurderBoy
29-03-2003, 01:28 PM
just to add tom,

that CD also has la rock 01 by vitalic after hand to phone which is IMO one of the best elctro releases for a while......

soulwax are essentially a rock band who like to **** around on the decks, and while I appreciate there talents i can do with destiny's child thnak you very much.....

If you like bootlegging search for a bloke called the freelance hellraiser he effectivley started the whole craze off a few years back.......

I like ampassain (billy) am regular at House of God and Atomic Jam in birmingham, im too poor to leave my home city :wink:

wlecome to the forum

Buttman
31-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Anyway yeah im 17 from b'ham. ..... I havnt missed a jam since i was about 16 and a half. It got me into techno.

So you have been into techno for 6 months and already have such a distinguished taste? Impressive!

ampassasinbirmingham
31-03-2003, 02:21 PM
About a year now but Im still finding my feet. at the moment i apreciate all techno.

I find it changes all the time, but at the moment i like it dark, dirty, devious yet intelligent:)

Esox Lucius
31-03-2003, 02:53 PM
living in Brum probably helps, having HOG & atomic jam on your doorstep, brum techno is the best.

Tomski
31-03-2003, 09:05 PM
Cheers from making me so welcome guys.
:D

Yeah that vitalic tune is absolutly wicked. I'm don't usually like bootlegs to tell you the true but i was well impressed with that cd, i'll give that freelance hellraiser a listen thou.
Techno in birmingham is well amazing I've been going to atomic jam for about a year and a half, but i've never been to HOG. They always get a good line up, but i just don't really like subway city. I know that isn't a very good reason for not going to see the dj's they get there, so I'm def gona go at some point.

Do they do it up at all, and whats the atmostphere like there?

Tom

ampassasinbirmingham
31-03-2003, 10:14 PM
i LOVE GOING SUBWAY. Its a dingy little place where you feel close to every1 including the dj's. Makes for a great atmosphere. The undergroundness of it makes it really cool to. You dont get people like you do at the jam thaT are sometimes there because techno is cool.

Tomski
01-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Wicked man, sounds good i'll give it ago. I know what you mean about the jam.

BritishMurderBoy
01-04-2003, 03:15 PM
birmingham rox

H.O.G. is fantasic... tbh i was apprensive at first, its a scary place subway
but i have been a few time now and i would say i had one of my best nites ever at the last one.....

i terms of learning about techno birmingham is a good start, producers nites and ravers applenty

278d7e64a374de26f==