PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Woodgate

Numeric
19-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Word is that Newcastle and Madrid have agreed a fee for Woodgate...

Bad move for the Toon in my opinion, it's not like they're brimming with defensive talent at the moment...

Be interesting to see how Madrid fare this season, with their new personell...

Traxx
19-08-2004, 01:31 PM
cant see newcastle letting him go unless they throw silly money at them + he's injured at the mo so well wait & see i suppose :cool:

The-last-man
19-08-2004, 02:34 PM
I thought that arsenal were going to bid for him in the summer, but then it all went quiet.

He's a good player, he'd do well @ madrid.

basslinejunkie
19-08-2004, 06:52 PM
yeah class defender,pitty he trips over a daisy and gets injured so much.also cant believe the toon are even considering selling him there defence is dodgy as it is but with him missing it will be non existant. :shock:

Tiptoe
19-08-2004, 09:36 PM
even at leeds when we had ferdinand we was always that bit better than him just think he is unlucky with injurie. He is young though so he will get over it and i reckon he would be sensational over there. Good luck to him.

zigojacko
19-08-2004, 09:49 PM

Bad move for the Toon in my opinion, it's not like they're brimming with defensive talent at the moment...

indeed - i will be intrigued to see how Real Madrid get on this season also...

lukekendall
20-08-2004, 12:04 PM
hope he does well there

they have a few english players in their team now

basslinejunkie
20-08-2004, 03:43 PM

indeed - i will be intrigued to see how Real Madrid get on this season also...

walter samuel an woodgate at the back sonds pretty formidable 2 me :!:

Ashley
20-08-2004, 06:55 PM
He signed for them today, £13.something million :roll:

Col
20-08-2004, 10:21 PM
i must admit, seeing woodgate at madrid is a real shock. the guy has bags of talent, and of course he can do the business in that side when fit, but for real to just come in and snap up a player who has being injured for a lengthy spell & is generally prone to injury comes as bit of a surprise.

Hakka
21-08-2004, 11:18 AM
As a Newcastle fan, I'm very shocked at how quickly this bid went through. A massive shock at first hearing the rumour that Real Madrid have tabled big money for him, I thought it would play out a bit like the Veira saga. But no, the fee was agreed and the medical went fine... and now he's a Real Mardid player!

Woodgate is a brilliant player, but he IS injury prone. He's played something like 28 games out of a possible 125 while at Newcastle. That says a lot. So for £13.5 million, I'm happy. I think Newcastle WILL MISS him big time unless they spend quickly and move to get two brilliant centre backs for £6mil to £8mil each. Then the defence will have gained massive from Woodgate's departure.

Traxx
21-08-2004, 04:28 PM
i was reading in a paper that woodgate only played 38 games out of a possible 130 odd for newcastle so it will be interesting to see how many games he plays for these :cool:

Ashley
21-08-2004, 05:56 PM
He'll probably see alot of the bench :lol:

Traxx
21-08-2004, 11:23 PM
:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==