PDA

View Full Version : frequency reduction

miromiric.
13-11-2002, 02:22 AM
i have problems with keeping my tracks "clean" in the end. not in the sounds itself, they must be distorted for me, but in the final mix sounds start to interfere each other.

..............................................---------------

i guess cutting of unnecessary frequencies would help a bit. does anyone know the range of freq. for some of the vital parts in music(bass, kick,hats) that are useless, but still take space in spectrum?

it would be nice to hear some other technique!

MARKEG
13-11-2002, 06:50 PM
that's the whole trick bro... that's what you're gonna have to learn... general keep anything bass in it's own freq range... kick too, and also the sounds and the drums... that's why your mix is too cluttered. goto www.sospubs.co.uk - and do a search for keywords lie 'mixdown' 'eq' 'freq range' - there's loads of great articles there. you're gonna have to read alot about this subject man....

DJZeMig_L
13-11-2002, 11:32 PM
1 other thing.. use the pan.... Bass and BD should b centered .. all the rest just go will...

Another thing... if u use distortion... all yer sounds start getting pulled 2 the mid freq. thus having loads of sound info. on the same range... use dist. more carefully... use different levels of dist. use different distortors... mix some straight dry sounds aswell.

Freq. content... use good monitors and good headphones... individually cut (LPF/ HPF) all that u don't need... just do A/B checks ... and I'm preatty sure U'll figure when u can cut more or when u've cut to much already.... also understand that sometimes individually it can sound like 2 much cut... but in the mix u can take more out cause It really doesn't make much difference!!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==