PDA

View Full Version : old skool hardcore 90/92 and techno being in

subsonic
23-08-2004, 11:05 AM
what do you lot think of oldskool hardcore 90/92 being played in the same arena as techno its just an idea i was thinking of doing to see what happens

Paul Zykotik
23-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Depends which tunes. If you were playing Belgian techno, E-Dancer, LFO, Cybersonik, all that sort of stuff, then I think it would break it up nicely. All of that sort of stuff is criminally underplayed, and yet some of it is the best music around IMO. Tunes from the days when content mattered more than lavish production ;) I don't really think people would be up for hearing the likes of Suburban Base, Reinforced etc. though.

Paul Zykotik
23-08-2004, 11:43 AM
On another note, what I'd really like to hear is someone playing a 93-95 techno set :love:

subsonic
23-08-2004, 11:55 AM
i was thinking more on the lines of dj ratty style dark oldskool sounds not the lovey dovey stuff like ratpack know what i mean

Paul Zykotik
23-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Aye, you mean like Face, Rugged Vinyl, Formation etc?

Not sure how well that would go down really. There's definitely some interesting stuff but you'd have to pick pretty carefully as there are some tracks from back then that will just sound like noise to some. I remember a few techno tapes where Basement tunes were getting played though...

subsonic
23-08-2004, 12:54 PM
like i said it just an idea i might try out ;)

jonnyspeed
23-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Drop a tune and watch for people exiting the dance floor - if they do just switch off the deck and cut to a break of a track you know will kill them. Trail and error live.

Dominator ("I am the one and only dominator" - forget the artist) always kills em ;)

teknorich
23-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Human Resource mate. Nice tune.

WRAGG
23-08-2004, 02:14 PM
If you were going to do summin like that you should think about good ol' mr Producer, he plays wicked old skool techno sets (not gabba) it's old skool, its techno and it's still banging enough to play in a modern techno room without killing it!! Just my opinion tho!! ;)

Traxx
23-08-2004, 02:26 PM
If you were going to do summin like that you should think about good ol' mr Producer, he plays wicked old skool techno sets (not gabba) it's old skool, its techno and it's still banging enough to play in a modern techno room without killing it!! Just my opinion tho!! ;)

producers's techno sets are ****in ace :clap:

subsonic
23-08-2004, 02:34 PM
he is one dj i had i mind to play next year anywayz but his old skool techno sets where wicked

i also liked the old easygroove sets

Traxx
23-08-2004, 02:51 PM
he is one dj i had i mind to play next year anywayz but his old skool techno sets where wicked

i also liked the old easygroove sets

get producer in playin techno next year & ill guarantee you a coach load there :clap:

subsonic
23-08-2004, 03:09 PM
trying to get him for january our birthday bash with slobodan and mark eg
just have to wait and see

Traxx
23-08-2004, 03:57 PM

boh! id be down for that :clap:

neko
23-08-2004, 05:06 PM

producer :love:

i'll be there with bells on if you get him on :twisted:

Esox Lucius
23-08-2004, 05:15 PM
should get hellfish on live, and get some more hardcore & breakcore nastiness on in a back room.

romelpotter
23-08-2004, 07:59 PM
hahaaaaa i av a basement records track in my next mix, stupendos production :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

romelpotter
23-08-2004, 08:02 PM
hmmm dont know about a old hardcore set in the techno room though potter, an old techno set from 93 - 95 etc but thats different from the old ratty style mate, as much as i love da old hardcore, in its own room is great. but if the techno room is in full swing i think it would disrupt it to much (but the odd track sets people off like a mo-fo) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

278d7e64a374de26f==