PDA

View Full Version : Vince Watson/Nico Awtsventin

Paul Zykotik
23-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Not exactly hard techno, although some of his productions on the likes of Bio are pretty tough ;) Still, with the lack of a chilled/tech-house forum, here goes...

I love the atmospheric sound he has, from the housier stuff on the likes of Alola, Soma etc. up to the tougher tracks he's done on Bio and Rotation. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any producers who do something similar? I'm after some uplifting but not cheesy tunes, and they seem hard to come by...

Sunil
23-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Not exactly hard techno, although some of his productions on the likes of Bio are pretty tough ;) Still, with the lack of a chilled/tech-house forum, here goes...

I love the atmospheric sound he has, from the housier stuff on the likes of Alola, Soma etc. up to the tougher tracks he's done on Bio and Rotation. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any producers who do something similar? I'm after some uplifting but not cheesy tunes, and they seem hard to come by...

Well there's still a number of decent-ish Detroit labels that fall into this category like Motech and Ignitor, so DJ 3000 and Orlando Voorn would be worth watching out for. Mark Broom under his Visitor guise is good stuff on D1, and while you're at it check out D1 anyway.

Deetron can be a good bet, Jesper Dahlback's Svek label is nice, I'd also watch out for some of the newer stuff coming from Sweden like the Madeye label and Truesoul as well.

Could go on for a while here I guess, make sure to check Diego, Fabrice Lig and the Kanzleramt label or Logistic from France. F-Comm and Soma would be a few obvious labels to mention but aren't generally very consistent these days imo.

Paul Zykotik
23-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Brilliant, thanks very much! I've been picking up random tunes over the years on labels like Choke, Inside, Kurbel, Bellboy etc, but it's frustrating only getting the odd one here or there. Same with artists like Heiko Laux, Johannes Heil etc, they've done some excellent atmospheric tunes but a lot of their output isn't like that. I agree about Soma, although it was Vince Watson's recent remix of Funk D'Void's Emotional Content that made me post this.

What was the last thing Truesoul put out? Last I heard was the Ignition Key remixes, that must be over a year ago by now.

scienceofuse
24-08-2004, 11:50 AM
I think a Cari Lekebusch album is set to hit the shops sometime soon. Yipee! About Vince - he's class... I don't dig Bio thaaat much, but he's an excellent producer who manages to pour some real melody and soul into the club techno blueprint... And I heard he spins alright, too.

278d7e64a374de26f==