PDA

View Full Version : Meganite Ibiza 11th august 04

doc12inch
23-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Got back bout a week ago and whilst i was in ibiza i went to this night just to see what the crack was.

FOOOOOOKKKKKKK me it was wicked.

i went when ben sims was on and danni V somthing (cant remember his name)
and of course libeing and picotto.

i havent had such a good night in ages - they had a wicked setup there - liebing and that danni chap were using a little mac laptop to slap some of thier tunes out.

they also had 4 deck with two djm 600's licked so at the end of the night sims and liebing went head to head (best thing ive seen in a while) mixing into each other tunes. sims in my opinion was the best he whipped liebing ass really good to watch.

have a couple of question tho for you tune trainspotters.

liebing and picotto were playing this remix i think of qudrophonia (the old rave classic) anyone any idea what it was - ive asked around at tempest in brum and they didnt really know, maybe it some bootleg.....

also liebing played a remix of the new bestie boys tune i think (not sure which beastie tune if it wasnt the new one) i could quite tell if it was on his laptop or vinyl/cd, he was moving around quite a bit.

anyone know these tunes?

also props to picotto - ive seen him a few times not by choice, he just happend to be on the lineup of the night. he played a really dark - long break down - dirty techno set.

i would definately go and see him again now hes really changed his style from his iguana days (although i do like the yoji mix)

I went to space aswell but i still thought meganite was the better of the two.

nice to meet some german people too there a really nice bunch of people from who i spoke to.

it made me think about maybe going to i love techo outdoor when its next on or going to tresor......

Frank Dogshit
23-08-2004, 05:14 PM
good lad.

was possibly goin out for the meganite closin with sims but its a bit 50/50 now.good to hear its doin well tho,aslong as its rammed full of crazy germans itll always be a great night!!them guys seriously know how to party and they are the soundest set of people u cud meet.
what was the soundsystem like in privelage?

did u goto cocoon by any chance?

Boboagogo
23-08-2004, 08:02 PM
ill be headin out on the 6th. as soon as we arrive we'll be heading out for miss kitten + funk d'void @ cocoon then the following nite carl cox + varela @ space (seen them last year and it was wicked), then after that its ben sims, liebing and picotto @ meganite. will be tough goin but theres nothing on for the rest of the week so there'll be plenty of time for rest after. dreading the state of me on the 3rd night tho :shock:

mattboyslim
23-08-2004, 10:19 PM
was in ibiza about a month ago. stand out night were sunday at space with groove armada, jeff mills, josh wink and umek, and coxys night with marco bailey as guest. was carls birthday too. wikid atmosphere

doc12inch
23-08-2004, 11:01 PM
good lad.

was possibly goin out for the meganite closin with sims but its a bit 50/50 now.good to hear its doin well tho,aslong as its rammed full of crazy germans itll always be a great night!!them guys seriously know how to party and they are the soundest set of people u cud meet.
what was the soundsystem like in privelage?

did u goto cocoon by any chance?

nah didnt do coccon - will do next year i think tho all the line ups for that looked good

doc12inch
24-08-2004, 02:09 PM
anyone know the tune descriptions i mentioned

serox
24-08-2004, 03:20 PM
check the free partys out there, i think they piss all over the clubs there.

Frank Dogshit
24-08-2004, 03:27 PM
its good to see a techno night like this flourish in ibiza.

i recall bein in ibiza the 1st season cocoon began and it was always firmly in the shadows of that crap awful night across the road (manumission),now its grown and is near enough on the same scale as manumission now popularity wise.

even though people will suggest its cheesy picotto are putting nights on like these i think its really good for the island and gives you far more techno options than having to put up with all that crappy house that is in mass abundance out there.

good lad picotto i say! :clap:

doc12inch
24-08-2004, 03:30 PM
its good to see a techno night like this flourish in ibiza.

i recall bein in ibiza the 1st season cocoon began and it was always firmly in the shadows of that crap awful night across the road (manumission),now its grown and is near enough on the same scale as manumission now popularity wise.

even though people will suggest its cheesy picotto are putting nights on like these i think its really good for the island and gives you far more techno options than having to put up with all that crappy house that is in mass abundance out there.

good lad picotto i say! :clap:

couldnt agree more - i thought it was strange seeing a night that was run by picotto and liebing tho - worked for the better tho

Frank Dogshit
24-08-2004, 03:54 PM
you cant fault the djs theyve been gettin either.

sims,rachmad,lekebusch,smith,vigorito,henrik b...

doc12inch
24-08-2004, 04:13 PM
you cant fault the djs theyve been gettin either.

sims,rachmad,lekebusch,smith,vigorito,henrik b...

the money that must be going thru that place has got be crazy amounts

278d7e64a374de26f==