PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Bid For Rooney!

The-last-man
24-08-2004, 09:39 AM
£20,000,000 they bid :shock:

Turned straight down tho :lol:

Keep away, he's ours :rambo:

Traxx
24-08-2004, 11:03 AM
you should sell him really & sort your team out, he cant do it all on his own :nono:

Numeric
24-08-2004, 04:23 PM
I think it would probably be best for the Blues to cash in while they have chance...

Be interesting to see if Utd put forward a bid...

Richierush
24-08-2004, 06:02 PM
maybe if it was united they might of but it was Newcastle and what is he goin to acheve there he might as well stay at everton :lol: he wants a big club thats goin somewhere or can win things ;)

Numeric
25-08-2004, 11:27 AM
I don't know if we'd want young Roon at Old Trafford now, these revelations are just too much, screwin whores is one thing, old women, that's a different kettle of fish...

Roon, what are you on son?

:doh:

Hakka
25-08-2004, 11:37 AM
I disagree that Newcastle would be a bad move for Rooney. Newcastle ARE a capable team and have very good players.

They have had a problems like all clubs do, and there's a lot of young talaent there which is still learning their game as well as playing top football. Last season was a dissappointment given the seasons befores good run in the Champ League. Since then we've got depth in midfield and upfront... with just the defencing needing better players. Rooney ISN'T what Newcastle need if £20+ mil is available to spend. Two top centre backs should be the priority, but the chance to sign Wayne Rooney isn't one that will crop up much and if the money is there and a chance is available for the best youth striker in the world, then I'd take him if a fee can be agreed of anything up to £25million. I'd rather offer Everton £20mil a long with Ameobi and Bramble, then spend around £6mil on a decent centre back.

I think Rooney's chances of going to Newcastle are 30/70. If a fee can be agreed around £22 million and Rooney can be tempted to the Toon then it will happen. But it's unlikely Man Utd or some other club aborad will pass on getting Rooney if £22 million is the fee.

Bah... let's just see what happens.

278d7e64a374de26f==