PDA

View Full Version : Edirol / Roland PCR-30

Debroglie
26-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Hi, everyone! Does anyone out there know how to set-up a midi controller such as the Edirol / Roland PCR-30 to programme such synths as an Oberheim Matrix6 or old Yamaha synths ?

Thanks before hand :!:

DJZeMigL
27-08-2004, 12:11 PM
U'll need 2 get down with the original manual for the old synth and find out what CC/ NRPN or SySex was used 4 each funtion.. then just use the PCR software editor 2 program these into a patch, name, save and send 2 the PCR's memory...!

Z

Debroglie
27-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks Z, I found the sysex info on hyperreal a while back, but translating the data that's on this page to what to put into the PCR is a little confuseing :oops:

can you see what you can make of it ?

http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Oberheim/Matrix-6-1000/info/Matrix-6.sysex.edit.txt

Cheerss.

DJZeMigL
28-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Hey,

Please try and c if it is possible 2 program via Continuous controllers (CC messages), I'm not that versatile with Sysex... althoug if the synth sends these messages U cal always program from the front pannel/ knobs, record 2 a midi track in SX (repeat till u get what u want) and then press play!

I know some of the Old Matrix had dedicated knob boxes/ editors so I would b willing 2 bet that they'll be a bi*h 2 program! :(

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==