PDA

View Full Version : The internet.... and techno!......

eyes without a face
26-08-2004, 02:45 PM
this has probably been done before, but i was thinking today just how much the internet helps artists (in all genres, not just techno!) to promote themselves quite literaly all over the world. Programs such MSN Messanger are godsends to people, like myself, who want to let people hear there work as soon as possible, and sometimes as your doing it!

i for one can say that without the internet i would find it very hard to get my stuff out to as many people as i do at the moment, ive had tracks played as far away as Prage and even Miami, and im pretty sure that without the internet i wouldnt have achieved that!

soooo just a general thumbs up from me really, anyone got any opinions on this?

also, if u guys on msn add me kidloco79@hotmail.com

;)

Sunil
26-08-2004, 03:19 PM
There's no doubting that it's handy, and great way of networking and meeting new people. It's also a great way to waste valuable time!

serox
26-08-2004, 03:29 PM
There's no doubting that it's handy, and great way of networking and meeting new people. It's also a great way to waste valuable time!

internet is also helping spread some genres in a bad way. I use to really enjoy trying to find out what records are called, or made by. Now it has become very easy to find many classic records.

Eddie
26-08-2004, 03:44 PM
It has indeed made vinyl hunting alot easier, gemm.com is unbelievable for finding records, if you cant get what your looking for on there you may aswell give up!

T
26-08-2004, 03:44 PM

internet is also helping spread some genres in a bad way. I use to really enjoy trying to find out what records are called, or made by. Now it has become very easy to find many classic records.

good point though I reckon the pros out way the cons.... it's easier to get hold of anything and everything but I reckon it's better than people taking the sounds to the grave!

eyes without a face
26-08-2004, 03:52 PM
yeah but at the end of the day, you'd rather be able to find these classics than not find them, yes?

;)

anx
26-08-2004, 06:23 PM
yeah but at the end of the day, you'd rather be able to find these classics than not find them, yes?

;)

yea....i dont see how finding classics easier is a bad thing?

how else did you find classics when there was no internet? vinyl hunting is my hobby, and the internet just took it to another level

now having these said classics go digital and people downloading them and playing the mp3's....thats a bad thing. buying the vinyls...is not

romelpotter
26-08-2004, 09:05 PM
i agree, when i was searching for specific records on the net, every day i would get up and search all the gemms/ebays and many more until one day i would find that record. sometimes this took many months sometimes a few days but every time that record came through my door and i could spin in on my decks..was the best day in the world ever, and i would change that for nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==