PDA

View Full Version : Website Novice needs help!!!!

rapture
26-08-2004, 04:43 PM
I need a proper website. I've got this one at the moment -

www.djice.ontheinter.net but its all a bit amatuer (now that he's moving onto greater things ;) )

I need a new one. HTML seems straighforward, but I'm thinking I won't be able to do much better than the one I've got with the already setup template.

Is it going to be difficult and where do I start???

MangaFish
26-08-2004, 07:12 PM
your best bet is probably to use a program like dreamweaver or frontpage. a HTML editor that allows you edit the page as if it was a word document, but make sure you dont use something like Word (as wordprocessers/etc that have settings to save as a HTML file generate endless crap code where as specilised HTML editors produce a cleaner more efficent HTML code)

as your writting the page, every now and then pop into the HTML code window to view the background workings of the page and i'm sure you'll quickly pick up what does what in no time. (most of it is obviously, plus messagebaords tend to use a very simular coding system for people to format their submissions)

the sad thing is, in reality you dont need to know HTML to write HTML pages :neutral:

mek
23-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Keep studying HTML, learn things like Stylesheets and Dynamic HTML... once you get better at that get a stronger web design program like Dreamweaver.

TechnoNRGKid
24-10-2004, 08:20 AM
also a good program to keep handy is cutyhtml.
It "Tidys" up the html for you, looks for mistakes.

the sad thing is, in reality you dont need to know HTML to write HTML pages

True, does suck.
Everything seems to be turning that way.
But still, the ones who take the time to learn the backgrounds, will have a good/better chance to succeed? ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==