PDA

View Full Version : SIR BOBBY ROBSON, SACKED FROM NEWCASTLE POST!

Hakka
30-08-2004, 03:14 PM
This is a bad day for me as Sir Bobby Robson, a man have complete and utter respect for his hard work and years with football. The man has managed clubs all over Europe at the highlest level, he's beaten cancer and done so much work with charitys to help raise money.

His start to the season and supposed bust ups was harsh and more down to the players than his tactics. I think there was a problem at St James's Park as soon as I heard that the board were trying to make signings behind his back (this for me is very very wrong).

At 72, he's been managing football longer than I have existed! Really hope he retires gracefully now as I wouldn't want him to have to deal with the stress of the high profile leagues.

Now I just hope so dearly that Newcastle find a suitable replacement manager.

Rumours are that Gerald Houllier may take over the club until the end of the season, or, that Steve Bruce will be appointed. Apparently Newcastle will have to cough up somewhere around £5million to get Steve Bruce in compensation!

Newcastle have played more than capable football this year, it was poor defending on our part and very good goal keeping by the other teams that have seen us loose games. Tottenham game should of been over first half if Newcastle put away some of the good work. Boro we could of come away with three points if we didn't let Hasslebaink in for that last min goal.

Oh well... have to look forward and move on, but Bobby for me has done so much for Newcastle. Dalglish and Gullit destroyed the club but Bobby has put us back up the top 4 in the last couple years and a good run in the Champions League.

Esox Lucius
30-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Total respect for the man, but his days of managing a top premiership club are over I think.

Ashley
30-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah great guy, time for him to put his feet up.

french_og
30-08-2004, 08:18 PM
I think the Newcastle players are an absolute disgrace for the complete lack of respect they have shown SIR Bobby. How can players like Bellamey and Shearer say if they are not starting they will leave, what gives them that right to demand to start, if they are not playing well then it is only right they get dropped. Shearer is a quality striker and probably one of the Premierships best ever but he was shite against Norwich and deserved to be dropped espeically as they have Kluivert fit and eager to play.

As for Dyer he is Dyer, he was also terrible against Norwich in his favoured central midfield role, he should be bombed out for his attitude along, the big time over paid w*nker.

King of the arena
30-08-2004, 09:04 PM
agreed mate ...

Newcastle seem to foget what hes done for them...

May be it was time to move into new managment but hey some repect and class should have been applied, the man is 71 and a diamond whith it...

:clap: :clap: bobby :clap: :clap:

Traxx
30-08-2004, 11:44 PM
tis a shame but i dont think that will be the last we see of him in management, southampton maybe :?:

Hakka
31-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I think the Newcastle players are an absolute disgrace for the complete lack of respect they have shown SIR Bobby. How can players like Bellamey and Shearer say if they are not starting they will leave, what gives them that right to demand to start, if they are not playing well then it is only right they get dropped. Shearer is a quality striker and probably one of the Premierships best ever but he was shite against Norwich and deserved to be dropped espeically as they have Kluivert fit and eager to play.

As for Dyer he is Dyer, he was also terrible against Norwich in his favoured central midfield role, he should be bombed out for his attitude along, the big time over paid w*nker.

I don't think Shearer is to blame. Shearer has never said he would leave if not picked. He DID express that he wants to play in ever game, but so does every other player at the club! Bellamy did fly off the handle after the 2 - 2 draw with Norwich, but he quickly took that statement back (about leaving if Rooney came) and said it was out of frustration cause of the loss of the 2 - 0 lead. The real prat in the team is Keiron Dyer. Do you know, this lad used to burn £20 notes for a laugh! Money has turned him arrogant, and he needs to be sold as he is dragging the team down.

It's frustrating to be a Toon fan. So many years of coming so close, 2nd in the Premiership twice, 3rd, 4th, 2 FA Cup Finals etc... and to take steps back and forward over the years its anoying.

Newcastle need a manager who is STRONG. Like Jose Maurinho at Chelsea (well not him, but someone like him.) They need a manager who isn't going to take shit from players like Dyer, and will take the a grip of the club and players and sort them out.

piginabush
31-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Houllier???

By far the best of the names bandied around..... Shearer/Venables will take you to the Coca Cola Championship :lol:

Traxx
31-08-2004, 09:51 PM
bet ya hoddle will be sniffin round that job :cool:

Hakka
31-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Houllier???

By far the best of the names bandied around..... Shearer/Venables will take you to the Coca Cola Championship :lol:

I've heard a few names. Houllier til end of the season with Shearer as number 2, I've heard Venables joint with Shearer as manager. Sam Allerdyce or Steve Bruce is another set of managers who Freddy Shepard wants. Martin O'Neil I would be happy with, but I doubt he would leave Celtic unless it was for Man Utd... Celtic are in Champ League despite Newcastle being a bit bigger.

If only Claudio Raneiri was still free... HE would of been great for the Toon.

Newcastle were supposed to sign Igor Tudo today from Juventus, wonder if they managed it.

Traxx
31-08-2004, 10:09 PM
dont think they got tudur mate it wasnt on the text before with all the other deals done by the deadline.

278d7e64a374de26f==