PDA

View Full Version : Frank Hunter

Sunil
30-08-2004, 04:46 PM
A fine Birmingham producer. Anyone know if he has any plans to release again?

tioneb
30-08-2004, 05:34 PM
I LOVE all his stuff....

dunno if its another regis nickname or a real guy, but damn all the MONO releases are ****ing great (though the early ones are dy somebody else... ;o)

the TWISTER 2P on instillation is still in my crate and hasnt left it for the past 6 months

Alan Oldham
31-08-2004, 08:42 AM
I always thought Frank Hunter was a Cisco Ferreira psuedonym, don't ask me why.

Sunil
31-08-2004, 11:40 AM

I can see why, he has a very similar sound. Cisco is a fan though, there was a Frank Hunter mix on one of those Recreations LPs on Kombination Research.

tioneb
31-08-2004, 01:20 PM
hahah well yes, frank remixes cisco .... just coz cisco had remixed frank a few years back on mono (cat # 7)

some really huge pumpin' remix, that i still play a lot, and that ive heard also many times in heiko laux's dj sets

professor
31-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Is that T-1000?
Mr. Oldham?
nice to know more biggies from the states are BOA participants.
sorry to get off topic...

Kube 72
02-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Got some wicked Frank Hunter tracks, still play them now, great DJ tools!

Tony
02-09-2004, 11:24 AM
frank is a real guy, and a nice one to boot. used to catch the 50bus from moseley to birmingham and wonder 'whos that guy with the tresor bag?'. then when he came into the record shop i worked in, it all made sense.

his tracks are cool. i've got a lot of them in my warehouse.

djsirround
02-09-2004, 12:30 PM
yep Alan Oldham is T-1000, he was in Malta like a month ago but unfortunetly I wasn't able to attend the event :doh:

tioneb
02-09-2004, 12:52 PM
yep Alan Oldham is T-1000, he was in Malta like a month ago but unfortunetly I wasn't able to attend the event :doh:

whats the deal in wondering if this of that guy posting here is famous or not ???

yes there are some famous people here ... and they are more than what you think.. but most of them hide them under aliases and other dont even post and just read ...

one of the reasons i really love this forum is because there quite a good cohesion (except on some hard topics ;o) with the beginners, the upcoming and the recognized producers.... i hope it will go on like that and it wont transform in an international-dj-whoreship place

djsirround
02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
sure thing ;)

professor
02-09-2004, 01:58 PM
whatever tioneb...

Alan Oldham
02-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Now, now, boys. :nono:

davethedrummer
02-09-2004, 09:55 PM

why?.......oh sorry ;)

Alan Oldham
03-09-2004, 12:34 AM

why?.......oh sorry ;)

Dave didn't we meet years ago out in Pennsylvania? This party in the middle of nowhere. You were with Chris. Ian Pooley was at the same party. Those were the days.

The Overfiend
03-09-2004, 01:00 AM

whats the deal in wondering if this of that guy posting here is famous or not ???

yes there are some famous people here ... and they are more than what you think.. but most of them hide them under aliases and other dont even post and just read ...

one of the reasons i really love this forum is because there quite a good cohesion (except on some hard topics ;o) with the beginners, the upcoming and the recognized producers.... i hope it will go on like that and it wont transform in an international-dj-whoreship place

I don't think anyone's jockin' anyone here man. Alan's a big deal to some people in the states. SO I can see why my man got happy to see him here. Me Personally I don't care who is here as long as everyone shows each other respect. So respect that he saw someone and gave them props please. Theres no omg I love you bullshit going on here it's called respect. That too cool for school attitude is what's wrong with techno right now.

Tony
03-09-2004, 01:35 AM
yeah man, have unfortunatley let dj t1000 records slip through my fingers in the past. but the guys been around from what i know (not in a 'get dodgy scratches and itches' kinda way :lol: ) nice to have more peole here who are on that level so we all melt into one big pot of techno absorption and reflection, rrrrrrrrr yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa

ampassasinbirmingham
03-09-2004, 12:38 PM
yeah man, have unfortunatley let dj t1000 records slip through my fingers in the past. but the guys been around from what i know (not in a 'get dodgy scratches and itches' kinda way :lol: ) nice to have more peole here who are on that level so we all melt into one big pot of techno absorption and reflection, rrrrrrrrr yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa

BOUT TO BANG IT!!!

ampassasinbirmingham
03-09-2004, 12:39 PM

BOUT TO BANG IT!!!

tioneb
04-09-2004, 02:34 PM

I don't think anyone's jockin' anyone here man. Alan's a big deal to some people in the states. SO I can see why my man got happy to see him here. Me Personally I don't care who is here as long as everyone shows each other respect. So respect that he saw someone and gave them props please. Theres no omg I love you bullshit going on here it's called respect. That too cool for school attitude is what's wrong with techno right now.

yeah respect to t1000, i also love his stuff. i just sometimes feel affraid some people transform techno in a "superstar" thing like in pop music ... ouh sorry i am paranoid !

The Overfiend
04-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah well, no need to worry, no superstar bullshit around here man.
Wont allow it.

278d7e64a374de26f==