PDA

View Full Version : question on song structure

spst
31-08-2004, 02:33 PM
im sure there is no deffinite answer but, how many bars of music do most producers have between an intro, build, break, and outro
im new to fiddling around with tracks but any advice is appreciated

zaalmoetlos
31-08-2004, 04:37 PM
im sure there is no deffinite answer but, how many bars of music do most producers have between an intro, build, break, and outro

go with what ever feels good and don't plan any structure planning kills creativity

charlton
31-08-2004, 05:13 PM

go with what ever feels good and don't plan any structure planning kills creativity think what zaalmoetlos says is thru planning kills the creativity

MangaFish
31-08-2004, 10:56 PM

go with what ever feels good and don't plan any structure planning kills creativity think what zaalmoetlos says is thru planning kills the creativity

all you've done there is copied his words and jumbled them up a little

MangaFish
31-08-2004, 10:58 PM

i hate formalic music. thats why i got into techno. there could be one tune w/o any breakdowns and another tune without a bassline.

techno is about freedom of creativity in dance music. the moment you create a 'template' (so to speek) then you might as well ditch the techno and produce hardhouse

BombJack
07-09-2004, 03:47 PM
All well composed music has some kind of plan, whether it is stubled upon as you write the track, or whether it is made up in your head. If it didn't have some kind of "plan" or pattern, it would be some kind of jumbled up mess, with no coherency. Even the likes of Autechre who produce some downright crazy off the wall audio create music to some kind of plan, or pattern.

I can completely sympathise with spst, as it is a hell of a task sometimes to arrange a track correctly. I'm not just talking about from a techno perspective, but generally, whether it's breaks or prog house, whatever, it is still tough.

There are basic rules to follow, but the key is that things should flow well, and if there are any clashes in your tracks, they should sound deliberate, rather than like mistakes in your composition...

If you do eventually find the magic formula let me know the secret...

;)

BombJack

278d7e64a374de26f==