PDA

View Full Version : SPLIT presents DYNAMIX BERLIN SHOWCASE - SATURDAY OCT 2nd

split
01-09-2004, 01:19 AM
SPLIT RETURN TO THE CAPTIAL AFTER THE SUMMER BREAK TO PRESENT THE INFAMOUS DYNAMIX BERLIN SHOWCASE!

Joining residents BEN SIMS and CHRIS FINKE will be:

KENNY LARKIN
BLAKE BAXTER & TYREE COOPER
BRITISH MURDER BOYS
JAMES RUSKIN
MARK BROOM
PAUL MAC

After the cracking start that we made to the year with 2 sell out shows at Turnmills with DERRICK MAY, DAVE CLARKE, DJ RUSH, MARSHAL JEFFERSON, CHICKEN LIPS and A GUY CALLED GERALD, SPLIT is back in action!

Fresh from the launch of the SPLIT RADIO SHOW, and SPLIT TOUR dates around Europe, we cant wait to bring the party back to London in October. This time round, we hook up with the legendary DYNAMIX BERLIN DJ agency and showcase some of the finest house and techno acts anywhere in clubland.

Heading up the proceedings with our SPLIT boys BEN SIMS & CHRIS FINKE, will be 2nd wave Detroit legend KENNY LARKIN. After a sabbatical from music where he pursued his other love-stand up comedy-Larkin recently burst back on the scene with his critically acclaimed “The Narcissist” album on Peacefrog and its lkike hes never been away! We are proud to present 2 of the most influential names in dance music: BLAKE BAXTER & TYREE COOPER. between them they’ve recorded for some of the most successful and inspirational dance labels from DJ international to KMS to DANCE MANIA and have changed the path of house music with hits like ‘sexuality’, acid over’ and ‘when we used to play’, this night will see them DJ back to back, controlling the 2nd room with a set of beats and unmistakable vocals that has been taking Europe by storm . We welcome back SURGEON to join us once again, this time accompanied by his long time collaborator REGIS as the BRITISH MURDER BOYS for their debut London appearance. Using and abusing modern technologies for their stylish and brutal performances, the BMBs have been killing it the world over. JAMES RUSKIN makes his SPLIT debut, one of London’s leading decknicians and a top producer with a string of quality releases on his BLUEPRINT label, James has remixed DAVE CLARKE amongst others and will be tearing up the party at peak-time. Bad boy SPLIT residents and 2 of the UKs most prolific producers MARK BROOM and PAUL MAC complete this heavyweight lineup!!

SPLIT regulars Exceeda, D-Fuse, Marija, Kameiflage, G-Pilot and circuit-c
are back to cover the visual side of the beats with fresh new images coming from recent trips and travels.

Turnmills. 63B Clerkenwell Road, London. EC1 Capacity: 1000.
Info: 020 7250 3409. Tube: Farringdon. 10pm - 7am £12 + £15 in Advance // £15 on the Door Tickets: www.ticketweb.co.uk. Web: www.splitmusic.net Email: info@splitmusic.net

Traxx
01-09-2004, 01:37 AM
thats a crackin line up........i wanna go, fuk it im goin :cool:

subsonic
01-09-2004, 07:45 AM
looks sweet as cherry pie ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
01-09-2004, 01:25 PM
this looks fun

ampassasinbirmingham
01-09-2004, 01:27 PM
shit its at turnmills :shock:

Traxx
01-09-2004, 01:37 PM
shit its at turnmills :shock:

dont like turnmills either :nono:

neko
01-09-2004, 02:22 PM
can't say i was too impressed with turnmills when i went to the last split.
way too full of tourists.
someone needs to reopen the que club :twisted:

jock
01-09-2004, 07:10 PM
That is one class lineup, but once again (and I know this has been said by many people on many boards) I really dont know about the venue.

It would be nice if it was somewhere where you can actually dance for a bit without being bumped a million times by some tourist. Or where you could actually see the dj/live act.

Still, its an amazing night. Who is on in which room?

mattboyslim
01-09-2004, 11:55 PM
get over yourselves guys. its cool for the tourists to hear some proper music for a change. i like turnmills. lovely club, phat system and plenty of hot chicks to gawp at ( may not be what techno is about but it certainly gives you something to do during the boring bits)

ampassasinbirmingham
02-09-2004, 12:38 AM
yeah, we all know this is going to be probarbly the best night on the Uk techno callendar. You see the line up and you think shit, but then you have to still remember that finke and sims are both playing :lol:

Also, if you read this chris, your name is splet wrong all over the split radio website.

Kube 72
02-09-2004, 09:13 AM
I don't understand why alot of people on various forums hate Turnmills? maybe is a nostalgic thing for me but I like the place...

is it because some of us are older? cos I certainly remember other venues back in the day when you could hardly move either yet you could look across the dance floor and see eveyone having a great time....The End with Advent live/Carl Cox , now that was rammed but wow what an atmosphere..

Frank Dogshit
02-09-2004, 01:10 PM
dont mind the tourists miself actually. was class sendin them flyin every time they refused to move when you were tryna get past em.

seriously tho,thats a crackin lineup and will be full of proper techno heads that night up for seein some of the finest djs about. id be down like a shot but theres another little night on in liverpool the same night....

lets just hope you guys put on a nice xmas party on for us kidsssss...

Nymphomytechno
02-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Good comment Mr Dogshit. I,too, study a little snake technique myself and am more than willing to shove my way thru the shit... but being 7stone 6, 5ft 2 ickle blonde lady really doesn't help, y'know? I think I probably wouldn't give a shit if it were me that elbows shortarses, such as myself, in the head as they wade pass too. But you're either groped, unable to pick your nose, due to mass staring or being wolloped around the fricking head in the Turnmills crowd. There was an overcooked Cheesy meatball in I-love-me sauce in a sky blue tie and matching silk shirt, doing "queen" arm wavery last time I was there and he was sooooooooo wrapped up in "Look at me, no one else is pulling these moves, I bet I look ****ing great" land that he elbowed more than just me in the head! There's none of this polite 'techno crowd' "move, please" - and they do it. No. It's more like "I'm so cocked out of my head and looking fab they'll ask me back for free because I'm doing such greatness for their night just being here" **** THAT!
But for the moment, I'm just happy with the line-up. Sorry for the rant :oops:

Traxx
02-09-2004, 07:46 PM
cracking rant :lol:

Frank Dogshit
02-09-2004, 07:47 PM
haha..'i love me sauce'!!

know what your sayin like,but clubs get busy everywhere and theres always a minority who aint got a clue and are just there to look cool.

only way is to ignore it and get on with it full well knowing that the 'tourists' as previously mentioned will not be able to hack it past 3am and the club will be left with your proper up for it crowd.

Nymphomytechno
02-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Roll on 3am then. Please please let the BMB's be on after then.....
Surgeon saved the day at the last Split.
I felt May (who was on about 1am ish) was disappointing and the crowds left when he did.
Gawd blesh ya Surgeon..... wiv bowf 'ands. :clap:

Traxx
02-09-2004, 09:07 PM
not sure if im gonna bother with this one now :crackup:

Nymphomytechno
02-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Erm. Why :?:

Traxx
02-09-2004, 10:49 PM
due to a major lack of people willing to travel to london with me :roll:

it just so happens to fall on the same night as voodoo's return which is a local night + most of mates seem to of been to that turnmills before & are saying they wouldnt go again coz its that bad.

Nymphomytechno
02-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Do you know of a venue that is so bad that Surgeon will play there twice in 6 months? :shock:
I'm not overly keen on it myself (refer to rant) HOWEVER, it is because it is one of the biggest named clubs in London's circuit. You have Sister Bliss and such-like playing there and therefore get "accidentals" falling in the doors. But people tend to forget the sheep always follow a good thing and those who can remember the days when it was much betterer and the Kudos was warranted will agree it's just the few - who will **** off early because it's not REEEALLY their thing, they're just there because it's Turnmills - "tourists" who will undoubtedly disappear and get ****ed off before we all chomp at the bit and make "OHHWWWWWWWWWW" faces at eachother at the sheer volume of tune-age being blasted thru the Turnmills' sound system. You'd be silly to miss it just because of the accidental techno immigrents! :rambo:

Traxx
02-09-2004, 11:20 PM
id love to go but still regardless just for the line-up but i aint goin on my own :cry:

jock
02-09-2004, 11:32 PM
I would go to turnmills again easily for split, its always a class party and the best djs, so **** whoever else is there!!!!

I dont think we will be going, too much going on up here around then!!!

ampassasinbirmingham
16-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Apparently the 65D mavericks are playing live as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

there set at AJ was one of the best of the year for me. What a line up this is. best of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surgeon
Regis
Ruskin
Larkin
baxter
Finke
Mavericks
Sims
Mac
Broom

eyes without a face
16-09-2004, 09:14 PM
when u put the lineup down like that..... jesus.... thats the best lineup your gonna get in the Uk this year for sure....

thats one seriously darkkkkk lineup!

BADDDD BWOYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nymphomytechno
17-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Mmmmm, hmmm, that's right. Wouldn't miss this baby if you paid me a fouzand nicker!!
I'm there.
I promise Ben, I won't be accompanied by any Madmen whatsoever so's not to freak anyone out this time. :oops: (I still don't fully remember what I said...I don't think I want to; I know i saw your reaction tho and I'm laughing hysterically right now in worry and sheer sympathy at the shock look on your face - so so sorry)

Look forward to it guys..... You only pulled together ANOTHER badass lineup didn'tcha :roll:
Good work!! :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
17-09-2004, 07:29 PM
when u put the lineup down like that..... jesus.... thats the best lineup your gonna get in the Uk this year for sure....

thats one seriously darkkkkk lineup!

BADDDD BWOYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u gonna be there????????

eyes without a face
17-09-2004, 07:43 PM
unfortunately not... for it is the same night as the return of the club that shaped me into the techno fiend i am today.....

V O O D O O

herman
18-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Apparently the 65D mavericks are playing live as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

there set at AJ was one of the best of the year for me. What a line up this is. best of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surgeon
Regis
Ruskin
Larkin
baxter
Finke
Mavericks
Sims
Mac
Broom

you missed out Tyree Cooper and dj Senze ;)

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 03:26 PM
it just keeps getting better

im really gutted now that i wont be going to this

miss bass
20-09-2004, 10:59 PM
This line up has seriously made me wet my pants!!! :shock: :shock:

:clap: :clap: :love: :love: :clap: :clap: :love: :love:

xfive
20-09-2004, 11:47 PM

*Hands miss bass a towel*

:lol: :lol:

miss bass
21-09-2004, 12:12 AM

*Hands miss bass a towel*

:lol: :lol:

Think i need a bloody pile of them :shock:

jonnyspeed
21-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Never got on with the End or Turnmills. Popular Dj for the popular crowd - too much coke, twats and mainstream punters. So sounds like a great line up but EQ or Mass would have been a better choice, imo

jonnyspeed
21-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Not EQ, Electrowerks in Angel that's the one

Kube 72
21-09-2004, 03:24 PM
electrowerkz?? no definately not, the sound in there is terrible :(

Nymphomytechno
27-09-2004, 07:30 PM
So - bar the venue winge.. Who IS going?

Traxx
27-09-2004, 07:31 PM
not me.

Kube 72
28-09-2004, 12:38 PM
would love too but I am in Germany :cry: ..have fun all!! ;)

tioneb
28-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Hmm ive ben to Turnmills only once, and i can call myself a 'tourist' as i just travelled from france to go to that party.

Hey sure the place is labyrynthic, and the places where we can dance a are a bit too small. But on the other hand, this club as an old school atmosphere i enjoyed .

Who cares about looking at the DJ ??? we're here for the music arent we ????? Sure Sims is nice to watch, but who cares about seeing Surgeon clicking on his laptop ???

About coke, hmm i havent seen anything. That doesnt mean there is nothing, but hey people just travel to eastern countried wehre people just waste themselves in front of you, or in spain where almost everybody sniffs cheap dangerous crap in their own hands ....

If we want techno to be more popular i think we can "tolerate" parties in such veneus, and im sure the people who are here for the music wont care about the little drawbacks.

miss bass
29-09-2004, 09:02 AM
cant go to this now :(

subsonic
29-09-2004, 09:06 AM

why you where look forward to this so much :roll:

miss bass
29-09-2004, 09:09 AM

why you where look forward to this so much :roll:

i ****ing know!!!! i have no money what so ever, i have college assignments to do, decks to go mental on. Need a good session on them :)

But that line up is the best i have seen on a flyer, just needs mine next to it to add that x factor :oops:

ok maybe not

Stella Boy
29-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Hmm ive ben to Turnmills only once, and i can call myself a 'tourist' as i just travelled from france to go to that party.

Hey sure the place is labyrynthic, and the places where we can dance a are a bit too small. But on the other hand, this club as an old school atmosphere i enjoyed .

Who cares about looking at the DJ ??? we're here for the music arent we ????? Sure Sims is nice to watch, but who cares about seeing Surgeon clicking on his laptop ???

If we want techno to be more popular i think we can "tolerate" parties in such veneus, and im sure the people who are here for the music wont care about the little drawbacks.

:clap: :clap:

SimonH
30-09-2004, 09:52 AM
So - bar the venue winge.. Who IS going?

me sir, and a few other LDers I believe

miss bass
30-09-2004, 12:46 PM
i can go i can go

SimonH
30-09-2004, 02:33 PM
i can go i can go

:) cool - will be meeting up for drinks b4 hand with some of the other LD bods(erm....maybe I should be putting this on the other board)

Stella Boy
02-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Have a great time guys and feel free to post reports, especially about 65d Mavericks :rambo:

miss bass
03-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Had a wicked night, danced like i was on a pogo stick, but then by the end i felt almost dead. My legs were aching like mad.

British murder boys livened things up at then end.
Was loving the beats from the 65d mavericks.
James ruskin played some real nice techno ranging from nice melodic tunes to dark beaty tracks.
The lovely Chris Finke i have to say started the night off perfectly. Some great tribally beats, which wernt too harsh for the beginning of the night, just helped get you in the mood for the night ahead as he built it up for Sims.

Well thats a small run down of my thoughts.

Cant see what all the fuss was about the venue, it was a nice place, good ppl/ vibes and great music. And to me thats all that mattered the MUSIC.

:) peace love and hair grease

miss bass
03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
just realised i did that back to front, describing the line up :doh:

Stella Boy
03-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Had a wicked night, danced like i was on a pogo stick, but then by the end i felt almost dead. My legs were aching like mad.

British murder boys livened things up at then end.
Was loving the beats from the 65d mavericks.
James ruskin played some real nice techno ranging from nice melodic tunes to dark beaty tracks.
The lovely Chris Finke i have to say started the night off perfectly. Some great tribally beats, which wernt too harsh for the beginning of the night, just helped get you in the mood for the night ahead as he built it up for Sims.

Well thats a small run down of my thoughts.

Cant see what all the fuss was about the venue, it was a nice place, good ppl/ vibes and great music. And to me thats all that mattered the MUSIC.

:) peace love and hair grease

Thanks for the review :cool: . I was well pis*ed about not going, the line up was awesome and even more pis*ed off I missed the 65d Mavericks. Now that is an act that we HAVE to get back to Darkside. ;)

miles
04-10-2004, 07:45 PM
[
Thanks for the review :cool: . I was well pis*ed about not going, the line up was awesome and even more pis*ed off I missed the 65d Mavericks. Now that is an act that we HAVE to get back to Darkside. ;)[/quote]

Everyone keeps going on about them are they that good?
some of their records are cool, some are ok.. never heard them live.

Tiptoe
04-10-2004, 07:56 PM
yes the mavericks are excellent live. would like to see em again too.

jock
04-10-2004, 08:33 PM
so was there news of another Split this year??

thought i read somewhere of one in december, with speedy j????

gutted missed this one.

Frank Dogshit
04-10-2004, 08:34 PM
the 65d mavericks kicked arse at the Jam earlier this year,very impressive live stuff indeed. :clap:
i recall reading a post a while ago by claude young saying he maybe goin in to the studio with these chaps.....did it ever happen?? :eh:

Frank Dogshit
04-10-2004, 08:36 PM

gutted missed this one.

aye,large lineup indeed for the xmas one.

jock
04-10-2004, 09:12 PM
aye :roll:

Nymphomytechno
05-10-2004, 07:20 PM
gutted missed this one.

Yep, you'd be right! The Xmas "Crisis Charity" Do..... Yep, Speedy - and another fundamental techno-er.
Get your knickers purely untwisted or the next one's gonna wrap 'em around your HEAD and strangle your liver!

And only £5!! (All proceeds to the charity) Yeh. SHIT THE BED!

Nymphomytechno
05-10-2004, 07:23 PM
[
Thanks for the review :cool: . I was well pis*ed about not going, the line up was awesome and even more pis*ed off I missed the 65d Mavericks. Now that is an act that we HAVE to get back to Darkside. ;)

Everyone keeps going on about them are they that good?
some of their records are cool, some are ok.. never heard them live.[/quote]

Bless 'em, they had "tech probs" on the night - but, to be honest, Absolutely everyone played brilliantly. If anyone didn't like it - it would be because the previous DJ had put them in a mood to hear what they'd played - ALL were brilliant. It was an exceptional evening. Thanks to everyone who made my night.

split
06-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Just to clear this up, the SPLIT party is on 4th December with Speedy J and more (to be announced later this week), and the RETROVERT Xmas Charity Party is a separate event.

Details of both will be posted as soon as they are finalised

Thanks

SPLIT

278d7e64a374de26f==